Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 07:14:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Can we do it?  (Read 30858 times)

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
Re: Can we do it?
« Reply #240 on April 09, 2024, 10:22:07 pm by Pancho Regan »
im made up for those that lumped on a top half finish. they must be looking at some healthy cash outs tonight
Thanks nr, I’m one of them!

I’m buzzing - Skybet offering me £205 to cash out tonight for my £50 bet.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #241 on April 09, 2024, 10:24:12 pm by belton rover »
The poor goal difference is like being an extra point behind. If we keep winning that will be chipped away at. At the minute there is no pressure on the group, can they do it if the pressure is on and we need to say, win the last game? Fantastic the turnaround, what has caused this, why were we so bad before? It just shows that the signings made were good enough.

The underperformance of either the manager and players or both stopped us winning the league that we should have. As it is great that we are doing well now but can’t help feeling disappointed at what could have been. Getting promoted would soften that blow.
Getting promoted will soften the blow?
Getting promoted will be the most incredible achievement in our history!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #242 on April 09, 2024, 10:36:39 pm by DonnyOsmond »
The poor goal difference is like being an extra point behind. If we keep winning that will be chipped away at. At the minute there is no pressure on the group, can they do it if the pressure is on and we need to say, win the last game? Fantastic the turnaround, what has caused this, why were we so bad before? It just shows that the signings made were good enough.

The underperformance of either the manager and players or both stopped us winning the league that we should have. As it is great that we are doing well now but can’t help feeling disappointed at what could have been. Getting promoted would soften that blow.

How can a manager underperform?
You either have:
A. A good manager who doesn't have the right players at his disposal who does poorly.
B. A good manager with the right players, who does well.
C. A poor manager, who has good players who does alright.
D. A poor manager with poor players who does poorly.

We've gone from A to B based on players returning from injuries and Adelakun and few other January signings. I don't see how managers "under perform".

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #243 on April 09, 2024, 10:42:43 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
They don’t get the best from what they have. To me there has always been a good squad of players there he wasn’t getting the best from them. The players also were underperforming to their abilities. The addition of Adelakun seems to have invigorated quite a few players around him.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #244 on April 09, 2024, 11:31:43 pm by dickos1 »
Sky bet offering me £1050 off a £270 stake

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #245 on April 10, 2024, 09:27:01 am by Upton Rover »
I don’t think Crawley’s fixtures are easy. They’ve got Barrow who are above them plus 3 teams fighting for their lives. They’d be easier fixtures IMO if they were against mid-table teams with nothing to play for.
It’s always harder playing teams that are fighting for their survival, than teams pushing for promotion, especially in the last few games of the season. There’s always some last dramatic twists and turns in both promotion, playoff’s and relegation, let’s hope we can pull this massive twist off.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #246 on April 10, 2024, 10:57:03 pm by StocksArmy »
I feel its still a massive task to keep up this run of consecutive wins but, if we do make the playoffs I would back us to win them.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #247 on April 11, 2024, 07:58:33 am by i_ateallthepies »
I think Tuesday perhaps was a sign that the rigours of the repeated high-intensity game being played by us is beginning to sap the collective energy, perfectly understandable if that is the case.  Hope I'm completely wrong but the further we go the greater will be the fatigue.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #248 on April 11, 2024, 08:48:50 am by normal rules »
Sat is top of form table vs bottom
Of form table ( based on last 10 games)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #249 on April 11, 2024, 08:59:09 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I think Tuesday perhaps was a sign that the rigours of the repeated high-intensity game being played by us is beginning to sap the collective energy, perfectly understandable if that is the case.  Hope I'm completely wrong but the further we go the greater will be the fatigue.

I was thinking the same. I marvel at them being able to reset after each game, which have taken some real effort physically and mentally to maintain the high standards.

Between games, the coaching staff and medical staff must be working overtime to keep the players at peak levels ready for the next game. The art of man management really comes into play.

I suppose a factor that will help them is they're counting the games down and getting nearer to the goals they've set. They still have the chance of achieving something epic.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #250 on April 11, 2024, 09:11:07 am by adamtherover »

I was thinking the same. I marvel at them being able to reset after each game, which have taken some real effort physically and mentally to maintain the high standards.

Between games, the coaching staff and medical staff must be working overtime to keep the players at peak levels ready for the next game. The art of man management really comes into play.

I suppose a factor that will help them is they're counting the games down and getting nearer to the goals they've set. They still have the chance of achieving something epic.
right now, I'd say Dave Rennie has the 2nd most important job off the pitch after grant..

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #251 on April 11, 2024, 09:38:28 am by Campsall rover »
I think you have to give Walsall some credit for making us possibly look a little lethargic.
They are a decent side and they came with a game plan to upset our flow. It worked until we scored and then the game opened up a little more and we had a bit more space to play our game.

I didn’t think we looked tired in the 2nd half. In fact I thought we had more energy than Walsall for most of the 45 + 6 mins played. ( yes it was 6 played not 5 as shown on the board )
In the last 10 mins or so Walsall tried to throw the Kitchen sink at us but we just allowed them to have the ball mostly in areas that didn’t hurt us and we hit them on the break. ( apart from the free kick when they scored and possibly only one other chance to score )
We though had 3/4 really good chances in the 2nd half on top of the goal we scored.

Yes we will have had some tired legs on Wed Morning but I am sure our coaching and physio staff will give them the appropriate training and rest balance they need over the 3 days before the next game v Accrington.

The next instalment awaits us. The excitement & tension is building game on game.
No one absolutely no one, i am quite sure including GM expected this scenario.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 09:42:31 am by Campsall rover »

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #252 on April 11, 2024, 09:44:03 am by Copps is Magic »

Wow. Are you trying to jinx us?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #253 on April 11, 2024, 09:48:08 am by Campsall rover »
I was keeping quiet on that one.  :zzz:

No worries we are a juggernaut at present. Bring on the Accies. No fear.  :)

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #254 on April 11, 2024, 09:55:03 am by IDM »
At this time of the season, especially without significant team changes game after game due to injury, the team will be full of confidence and should know what it’s doing.  Meaning that training could be limited to specific game planning for the next fixture on top of recuperation from the last.  General fitness should t be an issue.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #255 on April 11, 2024, 12:58:55 pm by drfchound »
I think you have to give Walsall some credit for making us possibly look a little lethargic.
They are a decent side and they came with a game plan to upset our flow. It worked until we scored and then the game opened up a little more and we had a bit more space to play our game.

I didn’t think we looked tired in the 2nd half. In fact I thought we had more energy than Walsall for most of the 45 + 6 mins played. ( yes it was 6 played not 5 as shown on the board )
In the last 10 mins or so Walsall tried to throw the Kitchen sink at us but we just allowed them to have the ball mostly in areas that didn’t hurt us and we hit them on the break. ( apart from the free kick when they scored and possibly only one other chance to score )
We though had 3/4 really good chances in the 2nd half on top of the goal we scored.

Yes we will have had some tired legs on Wed Morning but I am sure our coaching and physio staff will give them the appropriate training and rest balance they need over the 3 days before the next game v Accrington.

The next instalment awaits us. The excitement & tension is building game on game.
No one absolutely no one, i am quite sure including GM expected this scenario.

Camps, the board at 90 minutes shows the minimum of extra minutes that will be played.
Walsall scored a goal and we made another substitution when McGrath came on.
That is where the extra minute came from mate.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #256 on April 12, 2024, 12:25:03 pm by drfcsteve »
The Opta supercomputer now gives us an 8.2% chance of finishing in a play off place, after we beat Forest Green it was a 0.2% chance.

A lot still to do obviously but it now appears to be a realistic (1 in 10 ish) chance of actually happening, who’d have thought!

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #257 on April 13, 2024, 04:40:17 pm by Jonathan »
Well…

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #258 on April 13, 2024, 04:56:07 pm by drfcsteve »
Update on max points available:

1st Stockport - 95
2nd Mansfield - 88
3rd Wrexham - 88
4th MK dons - 80
5th Barrow - 79
6th Crewe - 76
7th Crawley - 74
8th Rovers - 73
9th Walsall - 71
10th Wimbledon - 68

All eyes on Crawley v Barrow Tuesday night.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #259 on April 13, 2024, 04:56:42 pm by Chris Black come back »
Another superb performance today. Other results have all totally gone in our favour. If you just keep winning then others will make mistakes. Big shout out for another clean sheet!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #260 on April 13, 2024, 04:58:09 pm by Chris Black come back »
Update on max points available:

1st Stockport - 95
2nd Mansfield - 88
3rd Wrexham - 88
4th MK dons - 80
5th Barrow - 79
6th Crewe - 76
7th Crawley - 74
8th Rovers - 73
9th Walsall - 71
10th Wimbledon - 68

All eyes on Crawley v Barrow Tuesday night.

Barrow are going to be knackered. Played 70 mins today with 10 men and then a must win game on Tuesday night against Crawley. Then over to play us next Saturday while we are sat on our arses midweek. Don't know who the guy was that Barrow had sent off but it was straight red so he won't be playing against us. Hope he is crucial to them.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #261 on April 13, 2024, 05:00:23 pm by IDM »
With barrow playing Crawley they both can’t get those maximum points.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #262 on April 13, 2024, 05:00:47 pm by Upton Rover »
Can’t believe since I posted that we are a point off the playoffs, we sure can do it, Come on Rovers what a day

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #263 on April 13, 2024, 05:02:09 pm by ChrisBx »
Bloody hell!

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #264 on April 13, 2024, 05:03:34 pm by drfcsteve »
With barrow playing Crawley they both can’t get those maximum points.

Absolutely, same with us and Barrow next Saturday.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #265 on April 13, 2024, 05:03:48 pm by normal rules »
Roy of the rovers stuff

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #266 on April 13, 2024, 05:08:06 pm by Upton Rover »
Next Saturday will be another cup final for us against Barrow, all we can do is get behind the team even more than ever and get them over the line for 9 straight wins, we all got to dream now.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #267 on April 13, 2024, 05:10:08 pm by normal rules »
The last game of the season could be interesting

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #268 on April 13, 2024, 05:10:30 pm by drfcsteve »
We need a Barrow win or a draw Tuesday night. Either result means for the first time it’s in our own hands, win every game and we’re in the playoffs. Unbelievable.

Peebles Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #269 on April 13, 2024, 05:15:55 pm by Peebles Rover »
We need a Barrow win or a draw Tuesday night. Either result means for the first time it’s in our own hands, win every game and we’re in the playoffs. Unbelievable.

I’m not so sure about that, Barrow have to play Crawley and us away, then home to Bradford and Mansfield. 4 tough fixtures

TinyPortal © 2005-2012