Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 03:02:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Is it just me.  (Read 2260 times)

ZiggerZagger

• VSC Member
Is it just me.
« on August 01, 2017, 09:50:52 am by ZiggerZagger »
That thinks there will be more teams in this league not looking forward to playing us, rather than the other way around.
Last season the player we were missing most was a left back/wing back. Fergie has now got that covered, with, in my eyes, the new crowd favourite.
Luckily for us, Mandeville got injured when he did, as I believe he wouldn't be here now. His partnership with Marquis could be amazing, once they've played a few games together and start to gel.
My only concern is at the centre back. Hopefully something will be sorted shortly. Last season our week link at the back has been sorted and with added speed going forward I think we could have a very good season. Glass half full for me.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roversontheup

• VSC Member
Re: Is it just me.
« Reply #1 on August 01, 2017, 01:05:30 pm by roversontheup »
Glass over 3/4 full for me......and that's probably because I keep drinking from it😄. This week's signings should bring it near the rim but just enough room for JH.
Looking forward to the new season with all the confidence I start each season with. Can't wait  :scarf:

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 01, 2017, 06:24:29 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Is this a thread about football? What a relief.

I like what I've seen so far, although some people might think I'm easily pleased. The new players have improved our squad so there are signs of gradual strengthening on top of a decent group that achieved promotion last season.

When we play purposeful football, we have the players who can unlock defenses and run teams ragged. The question to be answered is whether we can achieve a level of consistency in this higher division and hope to keep the injury list down.

The players to look out for who I think will excite us, are Danny Andrew, Ben Whiteman and Liam Mandeville.

Khamis may provide a good substitute to Copps, to keep that cohesion we seem to lose when Copps is not on the pitch.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 01, 2017, 06:48:54 pm by i_ateallthepies »
A thread of positivity?  The usual suspects will be giving this one a miss.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 01, 2017, 06:56:22 pm by roversdude »
Stop it with all this anti negativity
Looking forward to this season

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 01, 2017, 06:56:45 pm by graingrover »
When we add back Houghton we will complete a very good two years' of recruitment .

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 01, 2017, 09:30:35 pm by phil old leake »
It's just you

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 01, 2017, 10:17:05 pm by Lesonthewest »
Glass half full for me, really looking forward to the new season, I think we will see a lot more from Tommy Rowe this season too. If we can sign a leader at centre half my glass would be topped up.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 02, 2017, 09:36:58 am by mrfrostsdad »
I always look forward to the start of the season!
Two things for me:
1) we're woefully short of a decent centre half without Baudry
2) It appears we still can't play when Copps is not on the pitch. Sooner or later he will pick up an injury that keeps him out long term or permanently, or more likely he will come to the end of his career and retire. Every time he wasn't on the pitch last season we weren't the same team.

And without stating the obvious (as everyone has said on here) you can tell little or nothing from pre-season friendlies.

Sorry if anyone thinks that's negative

ZiggerZagger

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 03, 2017, 05:47:39 pm by ZiggerZagger »
If you add the new signings today to our squad + Houghton. Can you pick a team cos I'm struggling who to leave out. Not been able to do that for a few years. Happy days ahead me thinks  :scarf:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012