Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 07:46:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Club doncaster  (Read 13275 times)

Ziggazaggarover

• Forum Member
Club doncaster
« on June 17, 2019, 09:23:44 pm by Ziggazaggarover »
In my opinion i think it's time we got rid of it and concentrated been a football club , surely Don's belles etc and sustainable , for example with the attendances the dons surely it isn't enough to cover the backroom staff and the players they have then there's Carl hall and rent etc , is the income that the rovers generate that should be used to strengthen the squad going into club doncaster? , For me it's a poor state of affairs seeing loyal players that out there all into last season then getting offered lowered wage packets to thank them. It's not McCann's fault for me he is the scapegoat here I bet he would love to be able to spend money on the squad he wants.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

redarmy82

• Forum Member
Re: Club doncaster
« Reply #1 on June 17, 2019, 10:02:34 pm by redarmy82 »
Club Doncaster is a vanity project.
ask John Ryan.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 17, 2019, 10:08:44 pm by DonnyOsmond »
If you want us to be poorer then yeah, let's get rid.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 17, 2019, 10:11:56 pm by DonnyOsmond »
ask John Ryan.

Because John Ryan is a better businessman than a guy worth ten times what he was ever worth in Terry Bramall.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 17, 2019, 10:12:27 pm by vaya »
....and off we go!

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 17, 2019, 10:13:37 pm by redarmy82 »
ask John Ryan.

Because John Ryan is a better businessman than a guy worth ten times what he was ever worth in Terry Bramall.

Least he achieved his goals whilst with DRFC

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on June 17, 2019, 10:14:20 pm by bobbymax »
In my opinion i think it's time we got rid of it and concentrated been a football club , surely Don's belles etc and sustainable , for example with the attendances the dons surely it isn't enough to cover the backroom staff and the players they have then there's Carl hall and rent etc , is the income that the rovers generate that should be used to strengthen the squad going into club doncaster? , For me it's a poor state of affairs seeing loyal players that out there all into last season then getting offered lowered wage packets to thank them. It's not McCann's fault for me he is the scapegoat here I bet he would love to be able to spend money on the squad he wants.
Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 17, 2019, 10:15:12 pm by silent majority »
ask John Ryan.

Now we're getting somewhere!!

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 17, 2019, 10:16:17 pm by redarmy82 »
ask John Ryan.

Now we're getting somewhere!!

It was tongue in cheek, don't get excited.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 17, 2019, 10:16:55 pm by keith79 »
Anyone else worried that we can not compete with Fleetwood regarding wages

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 17, 2019, 10:17:53 pm by pib »
I could be wrong but doesn't ClubDoncaster generate revenue for DRFC rather than cost it any money?

From what I know about it, it's created a hive of activity most days of the week down at the Keepmoat. The club being at the heart of the community and creating broader appeal in the town can only be good for the future support of DRFC if you ask me.

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 17, 2019, 10:17:59 pm by karldew »
Marosi - Alright for league 1 but how many mistakes? Lawlor ready to step back in

Rowe - Had 4/5 decent games and a bad injury record

Butler - Decent season but if it wasn’t for injuries would he really of been in the starting 11? Age isn’t on his side either

Andrew - Played all season, never played fantastic? Stands square on and most players get by him. The last 6 games were probably his best, reminded me of Bennet when he was suddenly playing for a contract

Kane/Wilkes - Not a chance getting back

Downing - Offer was there, blown out the way by Pompey so I’ve heard.

Are any of the players who left really worth overspending for? Players that can easily get replaced. Marquis and Whiteman on the other hand would be hard to replace, but both command fees I would bet that if any of the players who have left had a year or more on their contracts they wouldn't be bids coming in for them..

Nothing to do with Club Doncaster

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 17, 2019, 10:20:12 pm by keith79 »
All them rubbish players got to the playoff.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 17, 2019, 10:21:59 pm by pib »

Imagine how good we'll be when we get some good players in then  :)

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on June 17, 2019, 10:23:27 pm by silent majority »
I could be wrong but doesn't ClubDoncaster generate revenue for DRFC rather than cost it any money?

From what I know about it, it's created a hive of activity most days of the week down at the Keepmoat. The club being at the heart of the community and creating broader appeal in the town can only be good for the future support of DRFC if you ask me.

Yes it does, the commercial operation around the club raises more money than season tickets, virtually unheard of at our level.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 17, 2019, 10:23:33 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Butler is underrated. He was our best defender.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 17, 2019, 10:24:44 pm by DonnyOsmond »
People who are anti-Club Doncaster remind me of Brexiteers.

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on June 17, 2019, 10:25:04 pm by karldew »

Imagine how good we'll be when we get some good players in then  :)

If we had Marquis, Whiteman, Wilkes and Kane next season the other gaps left by players who have left would be easily replaced. The fact we’ve got the get a new Wilkes and Kane is the only worrying thing for me.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on June 17, 2019, 10:26:59 pm by silent majority »
Honestly, out of all the players that have left so far which ones should we have broken the bank for?

No, none at all?

Hmmm!

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on June 17, 2019, 10:27:33 pm by pib »
It's June.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on June 17, 2019, 10:30:43 pm by Campsall rover »
How long do you think Fleetwood Town can sustain paying “silly” wages.
Their owner is trying to live the dream. It won’t last.
Get real. A town with a population of 26,000 and is almost a suburb of Blackpool and they get gates of 3,000 when they are doing well.
Sorry it’s going to end in tears.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 10:34:21 pm by Campsall rover »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on June 17, 2019, 10:34:07 pm by dickos1 »
Honestly, out of all the players that have left so far which ones should we have broken the bank for?

No, none at all?

Hmmm!

Would we have needed to break the bank to keep butler? All these players we’ve signed previously on contracts that were the same, slightly more or slightly less. Did we break the bank then when we originally signed them?

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on June 17, 2019, 10:37:58 pm by pib »
Butler is 35. I wouldn't have offered him more, or even the same money he was on before personally.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on June 17, 2019, 10:38:49 pm by silent majority »

No, none at all?

Hmmm!

Would we have needed to break the bank to keep butler? All these players we’ve signed previously on contracts that were the same, slightly more or slightly less. Did we break the bank then when we originally signed them?

You're not really answering my question are you? It was pretty straight forward. Which ones should we have pushed the boat out for?

But as I've mentioned before we offered Buts a decent contract, longer than the one he's accepted and with an offer to move to the coaching side when he wanted to. He chose a shorter contract at Scunthorpe. His choice.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on June 17, 2019, 10:45:26 pm by bpoolrover »
Get real. A town with a population of 26,000 and is almost a suburb of Blackpool and they get gates of 3,000 when they are doing well.
I don’t see why it will end in tears yes he is losing some money but he is happy to plug the gap

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on June 17, 2019, 10:48:27 pm by silent majority »
I don’t see why it will end in tears yes he is losing some money but he is happy to plug the gap

I've heard that so many times over the years. Believe me, it'll be the supporter organisations that pick up the pieces.

Ziggazaggarover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on June 17, 2019, 10:50:03 pm by Ziggazaggarover »

Yes it does, the commercial operation around the club raises more money than season tickets, virtually unheard of at our level.

What a load of b*llocks the club want you to think that , in what way would it ever gain more income than the club ?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on June 17, 2019, 10:52:35 pm by silent majority »

What a load of b*llocks the club want you to think that , in what way would it ever gain more income than the club ?

Do you not read the accounts? It's all documented.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on June 17, 2019, 10:56:27 pm by Chris Black come back »
Would not bother. Can’t educate pork.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on June 17, 2019, 10:57:33 pm by GazLaz »
ask John Ryan.

One was self made and one wasn’t..

TinyPortal © 2005-2012