Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 11:29:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Cameroon  (Read 5133 times)

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
Re: Cameroon
« Reply #30 on June 24, 2019, 08:46:45 am by DevilMayCry »
"Occasionally referees make mistakes, but ultimately the referee made a lot of mistakes tonight," Djeumfa said.

"Unfortunately we had a goal disallowed and if we had halved the deficit, I really believe there would have been a different result come to the end of the game if that goal had been allowed.

"Once we conceded the opening goal in the 14th minute, when there was an indirect free-kick inside the area, that was the wrong decision and then we realized it was slipping away, and then we realized we had to make sure we didn't concede in the opening 20 minutes.

"Unfortunately the officials wanted something else.

"From that moment on, the girls perhaps just lost a bit of temper. But I think we need to take our hat off to the girls, despite the refereeing mistake, for their performance.

"Of course I'm frustrated. But as I said, football is all about fair play. We showed fair play. It's football."

So this was the interview with Cameroon manager

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on June 24, 2019, 08:52:20 am by the vicar »
I don't want VAR but if it is going to be used, and the ref goes to it and they are a coat of paint off side then that is it off side

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on June 24, 2019, 09:03:12 am by knockers »
Players are not covered in paint!

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on June 24, 2019, 09:06:43 am by mjg »
Well done that team

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on June 24, 2019, 09:34:58 am by dickos1 »
At the moment yes it’s offside, but the rule needs to change. It will just make the game a farce.
Keith Hackett just been ok the radio and he says they need to change the rule to one that offside only occurs when there’s daylight between the attacker and the defender.
I tend to agree

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on June 24, 2019, 09:40:42 am by Filo »
I thought VAR was only to be used when there was a clear and obvious error, those incidents were not clear and not obvious

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on June 24, 2019, 10:06:57 am by Glyn_Wigley »
I don't want VAR but if it is going to be used, and the ref goes to it and they are a coat of paint off side then that is it off side

I always thought that offside was supposed to be judged from where the player's torso was, not their outstretched limbs..?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on June 24, 2019, 10:15:47 am by RobTheRover »
VAR was supposed to be used for "clear and obvious" errors in the referring team's assessment.  Not for the minute decisions.  It is a good thing being badly applied in my view

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on June 24, 2019, 10:23:24 am by RoversAlias »
I feel as though this wasn't as big a problem at the Men's World Cup, suggesting that it is the usage by officials here that is the problem. Perhaps the lack of understanding / experience is hindering these officials st the Women's World Cup.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on June 24, 2019, 11:11:23 am by RobTheRover »
I feel as though this wasn't as big a problem at the Men's World Cup, suggesting that it is the usage by officials here that is the problem. Perhaps the lack of understanding / experience is hindering these officials st the Women's World Cup.

There was some comment that the implementation was rushed I seem to recall.  Its still in its infancy so there is opportunity to refine it and the application of the laws that wrap it.  The problem for me is that the laws of the game cant be amended to work better for VAR as it isn't being applied across all levels of the game and the laws will apply to all levels of the game.  FIFA/UEFA have to give this one some serious consideration

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on June 24, 2019, 11:45:37 am by drfchound »
See my post time to VAR the boot

Not sure what that actually means, but it does sound like something that might be said by Yoda in a Star Wars movie.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on June 24, 2019, 11:50:03 am by drfchound »

There was the disallowed England goal in the Nations League game recently that was very similar.
It would appear to be becoming what we can expect.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on June 24, 2019, 05:51:10 pm by Spud »
I thought VAR was only to be used when there was a clear and obvious error, those incidents were not clear and not obvious

This, echoed by Rob, is where it's falling down imo. It's getting silly.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on June 24, 2019, 07:01:08 pm by idler »
The problem is that the side that feels hard done by will always be demanding a review now. They have nothing to lose if they concede a goal or give away a penalty.
It would have been funny seeing Mike Russel cope when Pompey beat us that day.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on June 24, 2019, 07:51:39 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
VAR was supposed to be used for "clear and obvious" errors in the referring team's assessment.  Not for the minute decisions.  It is a good thing being badly applied in my view

The offside given against Ellen White was an error and was more than marginally onside.

Because of the speed of play, offsides will never be clear and obvious. You want these injustices corrected rather than be subject to human error, especially when your team is the victim.

You talk about the rule. If you ask for daylight, then you will argue about the definition of daylight! Is it better to base it on the rearmost/foremost part of the body? If you go for daylight, you're making it more complicated and more likely less fair.

Another possibility is the position of the feet. If the attackers feet are behind both feet of the defender, even though their torso's/arms maybe leaning in the opposite direction, then the attacker would be seamed to be onside.

Some of the calls we've seen are virtually impossible for the assistant to give and be 100% sure.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on June 24, 2019, 09:01:24 pm by drfchound »

The offside given against Ellen White was an error and was more than marginally onside.

Because of the speed of play, offsides will never be clear and obvious. You want these injustices corrected rather than be subject to human error, especially when your team is the victim.

You talk about the rule. If you ask for daylight, then you will argue about the definition of daylight! Is it better to base it on the rearmost/foremost part of the body? If you go for daylight, you're making it more complicated and more likely less fair.

Another possibility is the position of the feet. If the attackers feet are behind both feet of the defender, even though their torso's/arms maybe leaning in the opposite direction, then the attacker would be seamed to be onside.

Some of the calls we've seen are virtually impossible for the assistant to give and be 100% sure.

We couldn’t argue about the definition of daylight if it was a night match.  🤔

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on June 24, 2019, 09:18:43 pm by dickos1 »

The problem with this was the lineswoman put her flag up. They aren’t supposed to do that

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on June 24, 2019, 09:38:28 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
She only raised the flag when the goal went in which is what thare are told to do.

There was another move when the Cameroon attacker was through on goal and Beardsley had to make a one-on-one save. Only then did the assistant raise her flag.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on June 24, 2019, 10:32:18 pm by RoversAlias »
They shouldn't have given them directives of delaying putting their flag up then. Put it up straight away as ever and if there is an error it will be corrected by VAR since VAR reviews all goals as far as I'm aware. Just silly how badly they have implemented what should be a fairly straight-forward thing.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on June 24, 2019, 11:11:17 pm by dickos1 »
They can’t correct it though because as soon as they put the flag up everyone stops. So what can they do if when they look later she was actually onside, but everyone had stopped.
They can’t give them a goal.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on June 24, 2019, 11:17:34 pm by dickos1 »
She only raised the flag when the goal went in which is what thare are told to do.

There was another move when the Cameroon attacker was through on goal and Beardsley had to make a one-on-one save. Only then did the assistant raise her flag.

With the goal, the ref had already blown because the flag was up before we scored thats why the Cameroon players were going so wild

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on June 25, 2019, 12:10:10 am by rover-n-out »
Regarding referall's to VAR, can players demand a referall from the referee if they think the ref has got the decision wrong, like they do in cricket, or is it down to the VAR team to either bring the referall, or not, to the referee's attention?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on June 25, 2019, 01:12:22 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

With the goal, the ref had already blown because the flag was up before we scored thats why the Cameroon players were going so wild

Sorry, you're incorrect. Watch Ellen Whites goal again. Even the commentator says.. The flag stays down.. Now it's up.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012