Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 09:41:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bully  (Read 8518 times)

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
Bully
« on October 29, 2019, 11:03:19 pm by 5 on Tour »
Sat in E9 tonight(usual block for us) but the seating was fairly irrelevant compared to a normal game. E9 being the block next to legends club on the south stand side.

If anyone knows the older bloke who spent the last 5 minutes insulting children, and then tried to pick a fight with the other older gents around him, please make sure he never ever returns to the Keepmoat. Had anyone under the age of 70 been within 10 feet of him the guy would almost certainly be in hospital. He was sat about 6/7 rows from the back on the end of the row. About 6ft tall in a yellow/grey jacket with grey thinning hair. Dean, the SLO, ushered him away to avoid any further trouble but next time he might not be so lucky.

Utterly disgusting behaviour that has no place in our, or any other, ground. Whoever you are please don’t ever come back. If you’d been speaking to my children in that way you wouldn’t be speaking again.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Bully
« Reply #1 on October 30, 2019, 01:28:17 am by PDX_Rover »
Waldorf or Stadler

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 30, 2019, 05:31:24 am by roversdude »
One of the problems with unreserved seating in that the guy can’t be traced through ticket

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 30, 2019, 06:21:07 am by knockers »
5 on tour- if you are bothered enough to write a long post then why didn’t you speak to him yourself? He’s obviously upset you with the way he’s acted.

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 30, 2019, 06:31:35 am by 5 on Tour »
5 on tour- if you are bothered enough to write a long post then why didn’t you speak to him yourself? He’s obviously upset you with the way he’s acted.

He was a few rows behind and probably 10 seats across from us so couldn’t freely get to him. Plus, he was whisked away pretty quickly once it kicked off. It was more in hope that someone on here knew who it was and said something.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 30, 2019, 08:21:19 am by redarmy82 »
Did you bother reporting to a steward or club official?

People are quick to come on here saying they’d do this that and the other, but in the real world do absolutely nothing at all.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 30, 2019, 09:00:15 am by IDM »

People are quick to come on here saying they’d do this that and the other, but in the real world do absolutely nothing at all.

The OP days the SLO got involved..

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 30, 2019, 11:51:43 am by bobjimwilly »

So unless your willing to get into a confrontation and/or a fight, don't speak up on here? GTFO

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 30, 2019, 01:13:24 pm by redarmy82 »

So unless your willing to get into a confrontation and/or a fight, don't speak up on here? GTFO

So reporting to a steward, or better yet, texting the number that is advertised all over the stadium for anti social behaviour is going to get you into a fight?

Problem with mouthing off on here is that unless the other person posts, you're only ever going to get one version of events.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 30, 2019, 01:19:09 pm by keith79 »
Why do people start without any reason. Its beyond me.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 30, 2019, 01:25:33 pm by IDM »

So reporting to a steward, or better yet, texting the number that is advertised all over the stadium for anti social behaviour is going to get you into a fight?

Problem with mouthing off on here is that unless the other person posts, you're only ever going to get one version of events.

Or the OP was trying to help identify the culprit.?

What’s your problem with this anyway.?

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 30, 2019, 01:30:43 pm by knockers »

I believe the original post included the quote
"If you’d been speaking to my children in that way you wouldn’t be speaking again."

so it appears he would have been quite happy with getting into a fight

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 30, 2019, 01:39:57 pm by 5 on Tour »

Well said mate. Not sure what else I’m meant to do once the SLO is involved? Tell Dean to sit down so I can smack the bloke? Haha.

Maybe Redarmy is having a bad day.  Whatever it is I’ve apparently offended him.

I was hoping to identify the culprit using our own fan base but even that’s turned into an issue on here. Some people really do need to just relax.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 30, 2019, 04:59:44 pm by redarmy82 »

Well said mate. Not sure what else I’m meant to do once the SLO is involved? Tell Dean to sit down so I can smack the bloke? Haha.

Maybe Redarmy is having a bad day.  Whatever it is I’ve apparently offended him.

I was hoping to identify the culprit using our own fan base but even that’s turned into an issue on here. Some people really do need to just relax.

And if he’s identified?

I’ve seen people identified on public forums before, and they’re hung out to dry before given their version of events.

I’ve no idea what he’s mean to have done or said, but if he’s reacting on the manner you say, I doubt it was over nothing.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 30, 2019, 05:01:05 pm by IDM »
Identified to the club rather then to the public I would have thought..

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on October 30, 2019, 05:17:30 pm by roversdude »
I think the OP was quite sensible in trying to identify an element we don’t want at the club

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 30, 2019, 05:24:22 pm by redarmy82 »
I think the OP was quite sensible in trying to identify an element we don’t want at the club

Again what element? Why was he shouting abuse to these kids? I doubt he’s sat there all the game and just randomly started doing towards the end.

A few years ago, I witnessed some young lads hurling abuse at an older bloke for a large majority of the match. They were mocking his appearance and less than intelligent nature. In the end he flipped and started hurling abuse at them. Who get ejected? He did. I tried telling the stewards what had happened and they weren’t interested.

maybe we should hear this old guys story before making assumptions?

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 30, 2019, 05:43:01 pm by 5 on Tour »

Again what element? Why was he shouting abuse to these kids? I doubt he’s sat there all the game and just randomly started doing towards the end.

A few years ago, I witnessed some young lads hurling abuse at an older bloke for a large majority of the match. They were mocking his appearance and less than intelligent nature. In the end he flipped and started hurling abuse at them. Who get ejected? He did. I tried telling the stewards what had happened and they weren’t interested.

And when he’s identified and reported we can do that. We can hear his side of events.

I made no assumptions at all. What I witnessed was a fully grown man insulting and swearing at an 8 year old at a football match. I don’t even particularly care if the 8 year old did say something offensive to the man. That doesn’t give any adult the right to shout and swear at a child. Does it?

The 8 year old was with his, presumably, grandad. No other children with him. The 8 year was holding back tears. So based on what I’ve witnessed and reported to you here can you explain any possible situation where bullying an 8 year old is acceptable? Even if the 8 year said or did something the man didn’t like is it acceptable? You don’t seem even remotely concerned about the welfare of the child from all of your posts. Most humans would find it unacceptable to bully an 8 year old...

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 30, 2019, 05:47:20 pm by redarmy82 »

And when he’s identified and reported we can do that. We can hear his side of events.

I made no assumptions at all. What I witnessed was a fully grown man insulting and swearing at an 8 year old at a football match. I don’t even particularly care if the 8 year old did say something offensive to the man. That doesn’t give any adult the right to shout and swear at a child. Does it?

The 8 year old was with his, presumably, grandad. No other children with him. The 8 year was holding back tears. So based on what I’ve witnessed and reported to you here can you explain any possible situation where bullying an 8 year old is acceptable? Even if the 8 year said or did something the man didn’t like is it acceptable? You don’t seem even remotely concerned about the welfare of the child from all of your posts. Most humans would find it unacceptable to bully an 8 year old...

Maybe the older man has social anxiety issues?
Maybe he has another condition.
Maybe anything, as I’ve said I’ve seen similar things happen before, and unless all the facts are known, it isn’t right to name and shame someone who probably doesn’t have the function to defend themselves on a public forum.

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 30, 2019, 06:14:23 pm by 5 on Tour »

Maybe anything, as I’ve said I’ve seen similar things happen before, and unless all the facts are known, it isn’t right to name and shame someone who probably doesn’t have the function to defend themselves on a public forum.

Yet with all the known facts presented you continue to defend the grown up and have seemingly no concern for the child.

Please read through all the above posts and point out anywhere it asks for him to be “named and shamed”. Didn’t the thread start with me asking if anyone knows him to keep him away from the ground? Not for his name but to keep him away.

Your repeated attempts to lay excuses for this abhorrent behaviour says an awful lot about you. You should be ashamed trying to defend someone bullying children as literally no excuse exists for an adult to behave in that manner! Regardless of what the child has done.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 30, 2019, 06:30:46 pm by redarmy82 »

Yet with all the known facts presented you continue to defend the grown up and have seemingly no concern for the child.

Please read through all the above posts and point out anywhere it asks for him to be “named and shamed”. Didn’t the thread start with me asking if anyone knows him to keep him away from the ground? Not for his name but to keep him away.

Your repeated attempts to lay excuses for this abhorrent behaviour says an awful lot about you. You should be ashamed trying to defend someone bullying children as literally no excuse exists for an adult to behave in that manner! Regardless of what the child has done.

Again, without knowing all the facts,why should he be made to stay away?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on October 30, 2019, 06:31:31 pm by IDM »

Keep digging, your self prepared hole will only get deeper.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on October 30, 2019, 06:34:49 pm by IDM »

The op knows more of the facts than you do, as an eye witness to a grown man having a go at a child.

No one is saying this bloke should be publicly hung drawn and quartered, but such behaviour is totally unacceptable.

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on October 30, 2019, 06:36:00 pm by 5 on Tour »

I assume you would rather he be knighted?

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on October 30, 2019, 07:01:48 pm by redarmy82 »

Keep digging, your self prepared hole will only get deeper.

Not really. Hence my earlier example.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on October 30, 2019, 07:17:16 pm by the vicar »
5 on tour- if you are bothered enough to write a long post then why didn’t you speak to him yourself? He’s obviously upset you with the way he’s act
it isn't his job to challenge him it is the stewards that is what they are paid for, if he went to him for a word he could get a banning order if a fight was to start so not his place to

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on October 30, 2019, 09:06:02 pm by graingrover »
This is now a family club so no problems denouncing blokes like that idiot ..get them out !

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on October 30, 2019, 09:07:17 pm by 5 on Tour »
5 on tour- if you are bothered enough to write a long post then why didn’t you speak to him yourself? He’s obviously upset you with the way he’s act
it isn't his job to challenge him it is the stewards that is what they are paid for, if he went to him for a word he could get a banning order if a fight was to start so not his place to

Thanks Vicar. Dean, the SLO, had a quick quiet word which seemed to do the trick with making him leave. Thought I’d done the right thing in trying to unite us against this sort of behaviour but apparently no pleasing some.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on October 30, 2019, 10:27:57 pm by drfcsteve »
This thread is an excellent example of how redarmy82 could start an argument in an empty room.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on October 31, 2019, 07:39:46 am by roversdude »
5 on Tour had someone else reported the guy to SLO
The more I read this the it winds me up having started last season taking my young un

TinyPortal © 2005-2012