Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 01:43:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: JR's New Book.....  (Read 1178 times)

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
JR's New Book.....
« on March 24, 2010, 03:07:56 pm by SkellowRover »
What a blody brilliant read it is, got it yesterday and almost finished it. As you you would expect from our leader it's all heart on his sleeve and very honest with his opinion. Reading some of the comments in there from people outside the club at the start of each chapter along with the forewards from KK & Gartom made me well up with pride.

Some great insight into how well the club is run by the \"three musketeers\" in terms of the clubs finances etc that will make people realise what a good job they actually are doing. I love the Championship Diary section with a little story about each game and also where he tells some of the stories in regards to transfers and bids (like the brum bids for mills) but what tickled me especially were JR's nicknames for SoD.......... \"Professor O'Driscoll\" & \"Grumpy\" haha :D

I hope JR won't mind me quoting something that really brought a smile to my face, it's at the players end of season bash last year....
\"I'm in full flow with my speech - and that's before sampling most of the champagne. But in all sobriety i mean every word, despite the strange look on Mr O'Driscoll's face. I tell everyone that we can be up there challenging for promotion next term. Why not? The meek shall inherit the earth, as they say, and now is the time for 'little' Donny to make it big. I can sense it.\"

Overall a fantastic read about JR's life and his involvement with the club from the 80's to the present day and a must read for every rovers fan.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012