Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 03:21:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Danny Cowley  (Read 2749 times)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Danny Cowley
« Reply #30 on April 24, 2024, 06:38:40 pm by Campsall rover »
You'd think that managers would give us a bit of credit after 13 wins, doesn't seem to happen much. Though he did praise our wingers.
13 wins in the last 17 games well 16 games
I always count the Sutton game in this run because it was the 1st of the 18 that GM called on to be top of the league at the end of the sequence.
So not done 13 consecutive wins yet but we could do 14 if we win on Saturday and win the 3 play off games.
Play offs don’t go into the record books though which I find bizarre.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on April 24, 2024, 06:48:26 pm by Lesonthewest »
That interview with Cowley is a shocker. Attacking everyone except himself. The players should not have to take that rubbish.

And what he said about them controlling the game, being in the ascendency that second half when we scored...deluded.   All our goals were lucky and "soft", apparently.

Hey, Danny, you're 22nd after 45 games for a reason, and it's not all luck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?si=m78_GC-3lwzQKGdi&v=46h-F4bDhBQ&feature=youtu.be

Spouting utter bo--cks, his team played well but were beaten by the better, more clinical side. If I were one of his players I'd be seriously p--sed with that tosh he's come out with.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on April 24, 2024, 06:52:26 pm by Spud »
You'd think that managers would give us a bit of credit after 13 wins, doesn't seem to happen much. Though he did praise our wingers.
I always count the Sutton game in this run because it was the 1st of the 18 that GM called on to be top of the league at the end of the sequence.
So not done 13 consecutive wins yet but we could do 14 if we win on Saturday and win the 3 play off games.

I start counting from the sutton game too, Camps, that pen was the start of this.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 24, 2024, 09:02:45 pm by Campsall rover »

I start counting from the sutton game too, Camps, that pen was the start of this.
It was.
But the significance is GM saying he wanted to win the league over the last 18 games. The 1st of those was Sutton United.
By heck did that target hit a nerve with the players or what. 13 wins 3 draws and just the one defeat away at Walsall.
Beat Gillingham and we win that 18 game mini league hands down. In fact if we lose we have already won it hands down.
I think we will get the result we all crave on Saturday. Yes i know Gillingham will be under no pressure and that can be dangerous but I just can’t see them matching our intensity and sheer will to win the match.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 24, 2024, 09:10:39 pm by drfchound »
Mickey Walker clearly not a fan either based on his commentary last night.
Mickey Walker should never be commenting on a Rovers game, he hates the club and only wants to talk about Sheffield Wednesday.

MW is a personal friend of mine and I can assure you that he is very much a Rovers fan.

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 24, 2024, 09:49:40 pm by RoversInSpain »
Don’t get this Mickey Walker hate thing. Yes his commentary is basic and a bit dated. But he is on Rovers side for sure. Often uses ‘we’ when talking Rovers and told us about his dad playing for the Rovers.
Think it’s first time I’ve heard him on IFollow last night but came across very much a Rovers fan.
Has he done something the past to rile fans?

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 24, 2024, 09:58:52 pm by pib »
He’s alright Mickey. Might not be the best “modern football” analyst but the guy clearly wants Rovers to do well. Plus he’s pushing 80, leave the poor bloke alone.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on April 24, 2024, 10:20:56 pm by Dutch Uncle »

I politely beg to differ Camps. Not bizarre at all IMHO.

Playoffs are regarded just as FA, FL and other cup ties. The '10 successive wins' record concerned is for 'League Competition'. Like cup-ties, Playoffs can be won on penalties - does that count as a draw or a win/loss in the counting of unbeaten or winning runs? If you play a weak team, or against a Premier U23 team in the Associate Members Cup, does that count as much as other matches?  Does a Wembley match count as an away match in records such as 'run of away wins'?

We have separate goalscoring records for 'League Matches' and 'across all competitions

It would certainly be possible to have match sequence records 'across all competitions' but we don't seem to do that. League Records are strictly for League Matches counting towards table position.

Anything else would be very difficult to be consistent IMHO

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 25, 2024, 09:25:58 am by ForsolongaRover »
That interview with Cowley is a shocker. Attacking everyone except himself. The players should not have to take that rubbish.

And what he said about them controlling the game, being in the ascendency that second half when we scored...deluded.   All our goals were lucky and "soft", apparently.

Hey, Danny, you're 22nd after 45 games for a reason, and it's not all luck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?si=m78_GC-3lwzQKGdi&v=46h-F4bDhBQ&feature=youtu.be

Spouting utter bo--cks, his team played well but were beaten by the better, more clinical side. If I were one of his players I'd be seriously p--sed with that tosh he's come out with.

I think you have to align football managers with politicians when it comes to what they say about the opposition. The only difference is that pre-match they will often allude to the strengths of the team they are coming up against, but afterwards there are many reasons why they will not want to give credit. To be fair, from their point of view, it is in the interests of the club to play down the performance of the opposition; some fans at least are only too willing to go along with them.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012