Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 10:14:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Darren Moore on transfer business  (Read 10188 times)

South East Rover

• Forum Member
Darren Moore on transfer business
« on January 14, 2021, 05:56:24 pm by South East Rover »
“If you’re asking if I’m going to bring anyone in for a transfer fee then I can tell you no.” :(

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

redarmy82

• Forum Member
Re: Darren Moore on transfer business
« Reply #1 on January 14, 2021, 05:58:52 pm by redarmy82 »
Shock horror.when Marquis left we were told the money would be used for his replacement.

Still waiting for that to happen.

I'll await the usual short term contract or loanee as replacement.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 14, 2021, 06:02:31 pm by dickos1 »
What happened to any money generated by the football club will be invested into the playing squad

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 14, 2021, 06:07:18 pm by NickDRFC »
I love Darren Moore to bits but he’s not a good
interviewee - he often contradicts himself or says the wrong thing, hopefully this is one of those times!

If he’s right though then it must be a loanee or two that we are bringing in - I can’t imagine there are many players good enough out there who are currently unattached. Bad memories of Bingham & Thomas are still fresh...

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 14, 2021, 06:08:33 pm by silent majority »
What happened to any money generated by the football club will be invested into the playing squad

Nothings changed.

As I've posted elsewhere DM is not the media expert that he thinks he is. For an accurate picture of the situation then Gavin is the man to speak to. I spoke with him this morning and he hasn't ruled anything in or out, it depends on what AH can present to the board. What I do know is we won't be telling people how much money we have in the bank!

Don't rush to judgement based on that.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 14, 2021, 06:09:50 pm by graingrover »
Happy New Year you guys ..try to cheer up ..the worst that you fear may not happen but if it does you can be grim then .Meanwhile enjoy the club the team and our great position in the league .

South East Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 14, 2021, 06:11:18 pm by South East Rover »
I think the money has to go towards the playing budget at this present time unfortunately 

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 14, 2021, 06:30:01 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Rather than take snippets and isolated quotes, I would recommend listening to his full interview.  All 18 mins on Radio Sheffield.

For those patient enough to understand the man rather than critique his interviewing style, it's worth just understanding the difficulties faced by him, the club and other clubs at the moment. It is perhaps a reality check for us all.

That doesn't mean however he won't be doing what he can to bolster the squad during the window.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 14, 2021, 06:33:16 pm by steve@dcfd »

Nothings changed.

As I've posted elsewhere DM is not the media expert that he thinks he is. For an accurate picture of the situation then Gavin is the man to speak to. I spoke with him this morning and he hasn't ruled anything in or out, it depends on what AH can present to the board. What I do know is we won't be telling people how much money we have in the bank!

Are you saying that AH chooses the players and presents a case to Board. Is DM involved in these decisions?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 14, 2021, 06:34:24 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Nothings changed.

Gavin has been good in getting the periodical updates out during this crisis. It may be prudent to publish another sooner rather than later just to bring everyone up to speed.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 14, 2021, 06:42:58 pm by Al4475 »
I am guessing DM says to AH - I want Fred Bloggs from Blues - if he isn't available or doesn't wanna come then I want you to find me players of the same ilk that may.

Then AH goes and does the homework and presents the cases first to DM. DM says 1st him, 2nd him and 3rd him.

Then it's passed by AH to the board.

And rovers hopefully get Bloggs or one of the other three choices.

May be complete tosh tho!

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 14, 2021, 06:58:17 pm by NickDRFC »
I am guessing DM says to AH - I want Fred Bloggs from Blues - if he isn't available or doesn't wanna come then I want you to find me players of the same ilk that may.

Then AH goes and does the homework and presents the cases first to DM. DM says 1st him, 2nd him and 3rd him.

I’d expect (and hope) that Henshall would be more proactive than that, and actively hunting/proposing players.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 14, 2021, 07:09:57 pm by Metalmicky »
People need to stop bed wetting on here at every chance....

It might be that the club are looking to re-invest some of the money back into the clubs current players - extending the deals of Wright, Halliday, James and Gomes or looking to tie Anderson down to a longer deal...
It could also be that DM has a free agent or two in his sights..... perhaps we should wait and see.

I do wish folk would show a bit of trust in the club, board and manager and stop all the bloody whining.....

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 14, 2021, 07:27:14 pm by Rovers Return »

I would imagine that AH does the job he is paid for and constantly watches and keeps tabs on numerous players throughout the leagues and keeps a little black book. As the requirement arises for a centre back Darren says to AH “ What do you think?” AH then puts a case forward for various players he knows about. Then depending on how proactive, motivated and hard working Darren is then it moves up a stage and the directors are approached. A decision is made by the directors, a nod of the head is given. It is then up to Darren to tell Gavin to go get the guy. If Darren doesn’t make his mind up then nothing moves forward.  :whistle:

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 14, 2021, 07:29:13 pm by Donny Exile in York »
What about the apparent comments prior to Xmas thst if we were in or around the play offs in January the Board would look to support Moore to strengthen the squad to continue the promotion push?

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 14, 2021, 07:45:24 pm by Rovers Return »
What about the apparent comments prior to Xmas thst if we were in or around the play offs in January the Board would look to support Moore to strengthen the squad to continue the promotion push?

How do we know they haven’t?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 14, 2021, 07:57:56 pm by wilts rover »
You don't get bargins in the January transfer window - more over paying for players. It certainly makees financial sense to wait for the June window to bring players in on a fee. Although I doubt that any doubtful supporter is going to be swayed by sound financial sense.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 14, 2021, 08:01:44 pm by scawsby steve »
I'm quite happy with loans as long as they're the right quality to match our promotion ambitions.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 14, 2021, 08:05:21 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I've just read some of the bile on the Facebook page, clearly from some who don't have the foggiest what it takes to run a football club.

Yet when challenged and presented with some information to chew on about costs and no income etc, they openly dismiss it because they can't be arsed to read it. More likely they don't want to hear it as they are stubbornly entrenched with their view that the board are not 'ambitious' just because they believe the only way to show ambition is to pay a fee for a player. That's even before considering the impact of Covid and not knowing when our usual income streams will be switched on again.

CoppsChop

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 14, 2021, 08:09:00 pm by CoppsChop »

you realise we have to keep paying the players we have at the moment right?

we have no money coming in at all and won’t have fans until next season. Every other bit of income has gone. The idea among some that we are somehow being ripped off as fans because we arent rushing out to spend a transfer fee is nonsense

watto-drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 14, 2021, 08:12:16 pm by watto-drfc »
Some people need to do the sums, we buy a midfielder for say £200k who wants £4k per week over his 3 year contract.  Lot of money in difficult times.

besty

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 14, 2021, 08:14:43 pm by besty »
How many loan players are we still allowed ?

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 14, 2021, 08:16:45 pm by coventryrover »
I've just read some of the bile on the Facebook page, clearly from some who don't have the foggiest what it takes to run a football club.

Yet when challenged and presented with some information to chew on about costs and no income etc, they openly dismiss it because they can't be arsed to read it. More likely they don't want to hear it as they are stubbornly entrenched with their view that the board are not 'ambitious' just because they believe the only way to show ambition is to pay a fee for a player. That's even before considering the impact of Covid and not knowing when our usual income streams will be switched on again.

sounds like the have trumpitest....commonly known as havenofeckinckuebutlikeagoodwhinge

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 14, 2021, 08:33:54 pm by Michael Shaw »
It's foolish to think we can sell Whiteman for £1.5+m and get in someone as good for nothing. So the team must take a hit and our position goes with it. And at the same time some other teams have strengthened in this window. We need to lower our hopes and expectations for this season.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on January 14, 2021, 08:46:03 pm by dickos1 »

you realise we have to keep paying the players we have at the moment right?

we have no money coming in at all and won’t have fans until next season. Every other bit of income has gone. The idea among some that we are somehow being ripped off as fans because we arent rushing out to spend a transfer fee is nonsense

After season tickets our attendances with match tickets would be around 50-60k a fortnight minus off the costs of staging the match and the match day revenue isn’t much.
Our players have deferred some of their wages and we’ve also been given grants from the premier league.
So the loss of match day revenue is a loss but it’s by no means the only revenue we get over the season.
Not suggesting anything other than we’ve always been told income generated from the team will be spent on the team,
Anyhow SM has indicated it may well be the case so let’s wait and see

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 14, 2021, 09:19:12 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Who's this glorified scout actually identified since joining?

redwine

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 14, 2021, 09:37:09 pm by redwine »
I understand The Samaritans may be free to help some of you

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on January 15, 2021, 08:25:56 am by dknward2 »
Who's this glorified scout actually identified since joining?

If you listen to Liam hoden do his twitter q&a most if not all the loans come from him

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 15, 2021, 08:52:33 am by redarmy82 »
How do the other clubs how are still paying fees for players manage?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 15, 2021, 09:03:14 am by Campsall rover »
It's foolish to think we can sell Whiteman for £1.5+m and get in someone as good for nothing. So the team must take a hit and our position goes with it. And at the same time some other teams have strengthened in this window. We need to lower our hopes and expectations for this season.
Some supporters may think like that but i am not expecting DM or the players will be thinking that way.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012