Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 07:14:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brightons first goal  (Read 1787 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Brightons first goal
« on November 03, 2013, 11:37:44 am by Filo »
Very poor from Duffy, makes a movement towards the ball before the scorer got it, once the scorer had got the ball Duffy ran away from him, giving all the time in the world to pick out the top corner!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

HomerJSimpson

• Forum Member
Re: Brightons first goal
« Reply #1 on November 03, 2013, 11:41:54 am by HomerJSimpson »
Maybe but it was still a corker.....every goal is preventable in Andy Grays book....

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 03, 2013, 11:46:10 am by Donnywolf »
They probably are ... and that was one of them

Good shot for sure but close it down ffs. Ramsey for Arsenal yesterday was a great strike but just watch in slo mo how the defender was just an inch or two from contact

...but that's what makes Football and other Team sports what they are and the higher grade the more likely you are to get punished for an individuals errors but conversely they should make less than they do as well !

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 03, 2013, 11:46:58 am by Filo »
Maybe but it was still a corker.....every goal is preventable in Andy Grays book....

It was a good strike, but he should never have been allowed to get a shot away in the first place, he was left in acres of space and should have been closed down by Duffy, I can only assume by the direction Duffy ran that he was worried Wabara was going to be left exposed, and the way Wabara defends I can't blame him for thinking that

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 03, 2013, 11:49:39 am by The Red Baron »
One of the first rules of defending is to deal with the immediate danger. It was obvious that the player was lining up to shoot so Duffy's priority should have been to close him down. If as a result the ball is laid off then the nature of the danger changes and then is the time to deal with that.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 03, 2013, 11:53:44 am by Filo »
One of the first rules of defending is to deal with the immediate danger. It was obvious that the player was lining up to shoot so Duffy's priority should have been to close him down. If as a result the ball is laid off then the nature of the danger changes and then is the time to deal with that.

I agree RB, I'm trying to come up with a reason why Duffy ran away from the man in possession of the ball

HomerJSimpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 03, 2013, 12:03:11 pm by HomerJSimpson »
Im not sure we have closed anyone down in the last 5 or so games......Personally i enjoyed the start of the season when we pressed teams who had possession but it looks like we have run out of steam and now we let teams run at us without 1 player being arsed to shut the door.....

LincolnDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 03, 2013, 07:48:22 pm by LincolnDonny »
I thought it was a Foul Throw to the Brighton player who scored! :thumbdown:

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 03, 2013, 07:53:43 pm by newyankee »
 Having seen it on the highlights, I would say the only thing which would have stopped it was a switch which brought down a metal screen from the crossbar.

sirfoxinthebox

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 03, 2013, 11:00:40 pm by sirfoxinthebox »
quality strike wish we could score afew of them

TinyPortal © 2005-2012