Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 09:39:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Where to from here? realistic options only please  (Read 2345 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Where to from here? realistic options only please
« on September 28, 2021, 09:58:31 pm by SydneyRover »
What are the choices, do we have any. As said earlier by someone else if you sack the manager who would replace him.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

belton rover

• Forum Member
Re: Where to from here? realistic options only please
« Reply #1 on September 28, 2021, 09:59:36 pm by belton rover »
Australia

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 28, 2021, 10:02:35 pm by grayx »
Think we need to bin our managers selection process & just have a raffle.

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 28, 2021, 10:03:31 pm by ian1980 »
Where to from here?

League 2 probably

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 28, 2021, 10:05:35 pm by SydneyRover »
Australia

I see you haven't changed since we last spoke, you're still a dick

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 28, 2021, 10:05:45 pm by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
Wake up tomorrow, listen to an interview that Wellens is unhappy with the ref, listen to some b*llocks about there being a chance of a win on Saturday against free-scoring Fakes, lose, go on forum, berate club and repeat until we're mid-table in League 2.

This board will not sack the manager. Buckle up.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 28, 2021, 10:06:24 pm by keith79 »
We carry on.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 28, 2021, 10:07:08 pm by German Rover »
What are the choices, do we have any. As said earlier by someone else if you sack the manager who would replace him.

This who would replace him thing is always brought out when the manager is doing terribly.

Hes w**k.

We need a motivator, all wellens does is bollock his players and thats got us t**tted 6 0 twive in three weeks.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on September 28, 2021, 10:09:49 pm by SydneyRover »

This who would replace him thing is always brought out when the manager is doing terribly.

Hes w**k.

We need a motivator, all wellens does is bollock his players and thats got us t**tted 6 0 twive in three weeks.

I'm serious, who would replace him, are the players good enough for a new manager to mould into a team? If they are not then we accept have to accept that we need both.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 28, 2021, 10:23:42 pm by German Rover »

Hes w**k.

I'm serious, who would replace him, are the players good enough for a new manager to mould into a team? If they are not then we accept have to accept that we need both.

None of us have an idea who's available, who would apply or who would we approach?

We shouldn't keep hold of a massively underperforming manager because the supporters don't know who would replace him.

He should fall on his own sword and save the club his wages to start with

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 28, 2021, 10:28:06 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Realistically where we go from here? League 2 try to get it right and bounce back. Had a lot of confidence when we went down last time but the decision the clubs made recently make me very uneasy about going down.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 28, 2021, 10:30:30 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I'm not yet Wellens out but look at Burton last season, dead and buried but managed to stay up comfortably once Hasselbaink joined.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 28, 2021, 10:33:27 pm by andyst79 »
A formation change for starters would be a help

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 28, 2021, 10:34:14 pm by SydneyRover »
Going down isn't a choice that is helpful, we don't need to go down to get better, we go down if it's unavoidable. We need a plan to get us to the next transfer window with a couple of wins.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 28, 2021, 10:34:24 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Like in the second half?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 28, 2021, 10:40:59 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Hes w**k.

Bollocking players doesn't work anymore, it's not the 90s. I do wonder if his management style has ruined Jones, who looked decent last season under a less aggressive manager.

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 28, 2021, 10:41:46 pm by Goole Rover »
Just watched a Royal Marine who was wounded in Afghanistan minus his legs and one arm, let’s get our disappointment into prospective.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 28, 2021, 10:43:07 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Just watched a Royal Marine who was wounded in Afghanistan minus his legs and one arm, let’s get our disappointment into prospective.

What? Don't be daft. You can't compare the two.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 28, 2021, 10:45:36 pm by colincramb »

Hes w**k.

Bollocking players doesn't work anymore, it's not the 90s. I do wonder if his management style has ruined Jones, who looked decent last season under a less aggressive manager.

Less aggressive? Each and everyone of them need a rocket up their arses. If they can’t live with that then they need to find other careers because they clearly aren’t cut out to play professional football.

It’s that mentality which means they are getting away with such weak, tepid performances every week

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 28, 2021, 10:50:57 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Hes w**k.

Less aggressive? Each and everyone of them need a rocket up their arses. If they can’t live with that then they need to find other careers because they clearly aren’t cut out to play professional football.

It’s that mentality which means they are getting away with such weak, tepid performances every week

Some players will handle that fine, but some will shut down if they're treated like that. It's the managers job to get the best out of his team, so he needs to work out how to speak to each individual.

They do crap, so you bollock them, so they do even worse, so you bollock them again... You're getting nowhere if that's the constant cycle you're going in.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on September 28, 2021, 10:54:30 pm by SydneyRover »
Unfortunately few people can change the way they deal with stress especially as they get older.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 28, 2021, 11:02:26 pm by sha66y »
I’m of the opinion that RW took the job with one specific caveat, the team had been decimated to the point of not actually being a team,
RW may have indicated that without great resources he would be hard pressed to put a team together in the time frame available that wouldn’t struggle
so opted for an opportunity to build a team for a promotion push from league 2, but taking all the hits that this shambolic season would serve up…
I also think that this was seen by the board as the only realistic option available after 2 managers decimated a squad and Covid hit us financially!

I have been on board with this idea since before the season started and will remain on board with it until it’s conclusion….yes we may escape the drop but that will be more down to luck than the ability of this set of players…..

You don’t have to quote me direct or throw meaningless statistics my way…..this is only my opinion and was well in place before this season started….

I see RW as the man with the 5 year plan to bring Championship football back to Donny, but the pain of losing regularly for some supporters will be too much….

But once this team hit the floor running at the lower level, having had enough experience in league1 , they will win games, and yes the crowds initially will be down, but should increase as the team stamp their mark….and bring back a winning mentality to this town…..

Just my opinion as I said….

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on September 28, 2021, 11:20:59 pm by SydneyRover »
No one in their right mind would opt for relegation as a way out.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on September 29, 2021, 09:18:22 am by sha66y »
No one in their right mind would opt for relegation as a way out.

Opting and being forced to accept are very different creatures, we have been double slugged , the canvas or the wobbly seat in the corner our options…
One brings acceptance of defeat……
The other
an unavoidable punch bag

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on September 29, 2021, 10:03:04 am by GazLaz »
If Richie was the man for the job 10 games ago he has to be the man for the job now.

We still have half a side missing. Galbraith, Fej, Bostock, Taylor and John are all handy L1 players. Going in to a Tuesday night game in Ipswich after being in Plymouth on the Saturday was always going to be impossible.

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on September 29, 2021, 10:14:15 am by mpc123 »
I’m of the opinion that RW took the job with one specific caveat, the team had been decimated to the point of not actually being a team,
RW may have indicated that without great resources he would be hard pressed to put a team together in the time frame available that wouldn’t struggle
so opted for an opportunity to build a team for a promotion push from league 2, but taking all the hits that this shambolic season would serve up…
I also think that this was seen by the board as the only realistic option available after 2 managers decimated a squad and Covid hit us financially!

I have been on board with this idea since before the season started and will remain on board with it until it’s conclusion….yes we may escape the drop but that will be more down to luck than the ability of this set of players…..

You don’t have to quote me direct or throw meaningless statistics my way…..this is only my opinion and was well in place before this season started….

I see RW as the man with the 5 year plan to bring Championship football back to Donny, but the pain of losing regularly for some supporters will be too much….

But once this team hit the floor running at the lower level, having had enough experience in league1 , they will win games, and yes the crowds initially will be down, but should increase as the team stamp their mark….and bring back a winning mentality to this town…..

Just my opinion as I said….

Great Post and exactly how I feel.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on September 29, 2021, 11:47:59 am by steve@dcfd »
Richie needs to stop playing 433 the players we’ve got can’t do it at this level.

4231 or 352 make us hard to beat then move on when the players confidence improves.
Midfield needs to improve drastically we haven’t got that DM player. So play two there both the players I’d pick because that’s all we’ve got we’re not available last night. Galbraith and Bostock although I still don’t believe Bostock is the answer there’s nobody else. Now we come to the three behind the striker again it’s needs must at the moment but it would be Seaman Close and Hiwula with Dodoo up front who could interchange with Hiwula.
Once we have Taylor Feji back and fully fit we have more options. Once John is fit then we have three centre halves who could play in a balanced three.
Another option is to move Tommy but I question is Horton ready for consistent league 1 football.
I still say the level of players that our budget can afford is decreasing. The CEO has said in a Radio Sheffield interview that he is aiming to get a top half budget by next season so it’s not 8 to 12 now.
If we are still in the bottom 4 the next transfer window we will not be able to attract good players even if we have the funds to do it. So as I’ve said before it’s going to be a hard season whoever is the manager.

LincolnDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on September 29, 2021, 09:04:33 pm by LincolnDonny »

Trouble is all managers "know" they are right and carry on doing the same thing while their team are like Lemmings and over the cliff they all go.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on September 29, 2021, 09:11:52 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
First of all set up in the formation that suits what you have, not what you want to play if it’s too open for the side to do well.

Work hard on things in training which I already assume they are. If we can’t be the best side be the fittest.

Bring some experience into the side through the spine of the team.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012