Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 03:39:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: League One January transfers thread  (Read 27450 times)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: League One January transfers thread
« Reply #150 on January 17, 2020, 01:36:06 pm by IDM »
Alan, on several occasions we see post match write ups in the DFP quoting DM with the same words from the radio Sheffield interviews.. and there is absolutely nowt wrong with that - it’s right that Liam should use those quotes.

Therefore yesterday when Liam wrote in the DFP a different and contradictory angle to what was on RS, it was open to question.  From my point of view I though Liam may have misquoted from the RS interview - not misquoted DM from his own talks.

Now Liam has tweeted his source, that clears matters up.

Liam wouldn’t normally need to publish his audio because normally there isn’t a discrepancy between his reports and the radio interviews.

The transfer activity is such a hot potato, which is why these sort of things are scrutinised so closely.   For me, it’s not about suggesting a journalist is wrong..

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #151 on January 17, 2020, 01:44:56 pm by dickos1 »
I may be wrong but liams article was published before the radio Sheffield one so maybe he had no reason to publish the audio and then when he saw the backlash this morning he thought he had best do so to stop the grief he was getting

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #152 on January 17, 2020, 01:48:54 pm by IDM »
That’s my point - this is such a touchy subject that it makes sense for Liam to say this was from a different interview.

Then the issue isn’t the reports or the tweets, more why there is s different story in the first place.?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #153 on January 17, 2020, 01:56:18 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I may be wrong but liams article was published before the radio Sheffield one so maybe he had no reason to publish the audio and then when he saw the backlash this morning he thought he had best do so to stop the grief he was getting

Quite right. I listened to the RS interview first, then came on here and wondered what all the fuss was about. I asked if someone could point me to Hoden's article which seemed at odds with what I'd heard. I certainly didn't throw any accusations about without questioning and asked others to listen to the RS interview.

Unfortunately, that's led to Hoden hearing via twitter that someone had accused him of printing false quotes. I haven't seen a direct accusation of that on here.

Quite rightly in response, Hoden published the clip to clear that up.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #154 on January 17, 2020, 02:04:08 pm by IDM »
Alan, on several occasions we see post match write ups in the DFP quoting DM with the same words from the radio Sheffield interviews.. and there is absolutely nowt wrong with that - it’s right that Liam should use those quotes.

Therefore yesterday when Liam wrote in the DFP a different and contradictory angle to what was on RS, it was open to question.  From my point of view I though Liam may have misquoted from the RS interview - not misquoted DM from his own talks.

Liam wouldn’t normally need to publish his audio because normally there isn’t a discrepancy between his reports and the radio interviews.

The transfer activity is such a hot potato, which is why these sort of things are scrutinised so closely.   For me, it’s not about suggesting a journalist is wrong..

A case in point here:

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/secret-doncaster-rovers-staying-fit-through-busy-run-1367875

What DM is quoted as saying about prevention rather than cure etc looks very very similar to what he said in the RS interview. 

But that isn't a contentious issue so no one would suggest Liam needs to domonstrate his source here.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #155 on January 17, 2020, 02:04:13 pm by dickos1 »
That’s my point - this is such a touchy subject that it makes sense for Liam to say this was from a different interview.

Then the issue isn’t the reports or the tweets, more why there is s different story in the first place.?

That’s what I mean though
When he did his article it was the only one doing the rounds, only when RS released there’s did the problems arise.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #156 on January 17, 2020, 02:13:38 pm by Alan Southstand »
Incoming?

;)

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #157 on January 17, 2020, 02:14:51 pm by IDM »
Incoming?

;)

After all that’s been posted on here from all angles Alan, do we really need a teaser.?

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #158 on January 17, 2020, 02:18:48 pm by Alan Southstand »
I thought it might get a bit of attention!

;)

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #159 on January 17, 2020, 02:23:34 pm by dknward2 »
Truth or wind up

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #160 on January 17, 2020, 02:41:20 pm by Alan Southstand »
Just a sniff of something on twitter. I know it’s not much to go on, and we’ve been here before, but let’s just hope for some good news. We bloody well need some!

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #161 on January 17, 2020, 02:48:27 pm by dknward2 »
True Alan be nice to get someone in before tomorrow.

Just had a look and Norwich are expecting Pukki back for this weekend could that push idah back out

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #162 on January 17, 2020, 02:50:32 pm by IDM »
Maso
Just a sniff of something on twitter. I know it’s not much to go on, and we’ve been here before, but let’s just hope for some good news. We bloody well need some!

Mason’s “4 pm” tweet.?

That followed on he/she made a few minutes earlier asking about what trains folks were getting to Sunderland..

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #163 on January 17, 2020, 02:54:37 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Yeah would be nice to start the weekend on a very positive note.

In the meantime, hope you all enjoy the match tomorrow and we can talk about some actual football.

COYR

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #164 on January 17, 2020, 03:52:30 pm by Alan Southstand »
Blackpool been busy again, signed a Wolves midfielder on loan.

Dr Fundlekrotch

• VSC Member
« Reply #165 on January 17, 2020, 04:29:16 pm by Dr Fundlekrotch »

A case in point here:

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/secret-doncaster-rovers-staying-fit-through-busy-run-1367875

On viewing that link...has he broken his gear stick off?

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #166 on January 18, 2020, 12:52:19 pm by Retdon1 »
Just read a report from the Gloucester version of the free press stating we’re interested in midfielder  Ed Williams from Kidderminster

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #167 on January 20, 2020, 11:40:26 am by NickDRFC »
Just updated with Wycombe's signing they made on Saturday which I'd missed, which means that there are now only 4 clubs yet to make their move - us, Coventry, Accrington & Southend.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #168 on January 20, 2020, 11:45:02 am by dickos1 »
Nobody is signing players though nick, it’s very hard in January

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #169 on January 20, 2020, 05:31:23 pm by Retdon1 »
Burton have signed Jamie Murphy on loan from rangers.... decent signing for them

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #170 on January 20, 2020, 05:58:48 pm by ian1980 »

The list now includes 40 players just in our league alone....

I know DM is holding out for his “A List” players but I wonder how many of these are left or still available and also how long do we hold out for without risking not leaving enough time to deal with the “B List” players

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #171 on January 20, 2020, 06:26:57 pm by dickos1 »
Thought it was obvious I was being sarcastic

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #172 on January 20, 2020, 06:47:52 pm by Alan Southstand »
We may as well just go to list x at this rate!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #173 on January 20, 2020, 07:13:47 pm by Campsall rover »
The vast majority are loans. Yes it is difficult to get good quality permanent signings in January.
Whether you want to believe it or not is up to you.
Go and ask the 71 FL Club managers what they think. I know what their answer will be.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #174 on January 20, 2020, 07:17:42 pm by drfchound »
Light the touch paper ?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #175 on January 20, 2020, 07:26:56 pm by Campsall rover »
Light the touch paper ?
No i am not replying to his reply assuming it comes which is almost inevitable.
So no touch paper from me hound.

Just a strait forward opinion i have given on the availability of good quality permanent signings in January.
All opinions are welcome hound.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #176 on January 20, 2020, 07:34:49 pm by Jonathan »
Burton have signed Jamie Murphy on loan from rangers.... decent signing for them

I remember when he played for us in the early 90s. Must be getting on a bit now.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #177 on January 20, 2020, 07:46:55 pm by Chris Black come back »

I remember when he played for us in the early 90s. Must be getting on a bit now.

Poor man’s Ryan Kirby.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #178 on January 20, 2020, 07:59:42 pm by i_ateallthepies »

The list now includes 40 players just in our league alone....

I know DM is holding out for his “A List” players but I wonder how many of these are left or still available and also how long do we hold out for without risking not leaving enough time to deal with the “B List” players

I think the time to judge our performance in this window is the 1st Feb' when we know how we've done.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #179 on January 21, 2020, 08:33:13 am by Metalmicky »
I think this summarises DM's position on the possibility of new faces arriving at the building...

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/darren-moore-talks-being-it-long-haul-doncaster-rovers-1370685

I think his references to the long haul, succession planning, continuation and building, suggest that he intends to wait until the right player/s are available.  It may not sit right with some of our more needy/desperate fans, but I think we need to accept this and wait for developments... 

TinyPortal © 2005-2012