Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 06:55:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Darren Drysdale - Barnsley  (Read 2529 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: Darren Drysdale - Barnsley
« Reply #30 on November 30, 2023, 08:28:38 pm by Donnywolf »
I agree with whoever says , it was a foul on the Keeper and the rest is circumstantial .

He chose to go down and shouldn't have

Fulham player head butted a Wolves player on Monday and bent his nose. Wolves player to.his credit stayed on his feet and the Fulham player didn't get sent off

BUT the Fulham player DID butt him and for me that was a Red Card .... and the Barnsley player DID foul the Keeper

Drysdale (as ever) found wanting

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on November 30, 2023, 08:55:28 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I agree with whoever says , it was a foul on the Keeper and the rest is circumstantial .

He chose to go down and shouldn't have

Fulham player head butted a Wolves player on Monday and bent his nose. Wolves player to.his credit stayed on his feet and the Fulham player didn't get sent off

BUT the Fulham player DID butt him and for me that was a Red Card .... and the Barnsley player DID foul the Keeper

Drysdale (as ever) found wanting
....And that's the reason why players go down intentionally these days because if they don't, officials will simply not give a foul, especially in the penalty area. When was the last time you saw a player get a penalty after being fouled but remained on his feet?

The officials have caused the problem and now it has been exacerbated by players diving in anticipation of being fouled, even when they don't get fouled.

If the Wycombe keeper exaggerated his reaction to the contact to get the foul he was merely doing what just about every other player does these days.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2023, 08:57:48 pm by Bentley Bullet »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on November 30, 2023, 09:16:52 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
What about if the Barnsley striker had run up to the keeper,stopped short and ruffled his hair? Would that have been a foul?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on November 30, 2023, 10:01:56 pm by GazLaz »
Every touch on a keeper is a foul, why isn’t that one?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on November 30, 2023, 11:18:15 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Would it have been a foul if he'd ruffled the keeper's hair?

Or, more specifically, had he ruffled the keeper's hair and the keeper had responded by falling like a felled tree, dropping the ball as he did so, what would be the correct decision?

Point being "touch" is not really an absolute thing, is it? There are degrees of contact. This one was very light to say the least. The keeper's response was ridiculously over the top and he got what he deserved.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2023, 11:21:09 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on December 01, 2023, 11:53:42 am by i_ateallthepies »

That is patently nonsense.  Just about every corner taken would simply result in a foul given to the defending side if that was the rule.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012