Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:44:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: penalty statistics  (Read 1408 times)

redbrez

• VSC Member
penalty statistics
« on January 15, 2012, 08:33:59 pm by redbrez »
Anyone know of a website that shows a table of penalties awarded in a table format ?
how may penalties have we been awarded this season?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnybax

• Forum Member
Re: penalty statistics
« Reply #1 on January 15, 2012, 08:43:14 pm by Donnybax »
I think in the league we've had 1 that hayter missed and  in the league cup we've had 1 that Chris brown scored

danum

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 15, 2012, 09:30:53 pm by danum »
PenaltiesPenalty Stats

danum

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 15, 2012, 10:05:19 pm by danum »
strangely if you click on the discipline tab - guess who is the dirtiest player ??

redrover10

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 15, 2012, 10:21:27 pm by redrover10 »
Who did haytor miss the pen against

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 15, 2012, 10:22:22 pm by DaveDRFC »
Bristol City

danum

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 15, 2012, 10:28:57 pm by danum »
Matt Mills because of 2 reds but way out in front on 10 yellow cards and he deserved a double red for trying to finish Billy

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 16, 2012, 08:40:38 am by inSODwetrust »
Billy scored a pen vs Millwall away?

Milepostuk

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 17, 2012, 12:33:26 pm by Milepostuk »
Our players seem to pick up a lot of cards whilst playing against teams who are very considerate in their tackling. Funny that, if you were at the games you would never think it was that way around!

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 17, 2012, 12:44:07 pm by benaldo »
If you look at the section \"cards conceeded against\" we're bottom. Does that mean that we never get yellow cards? or does it mean that the other teams are hardly ever given yellow cards when they play us? It's interesting, but the cards issued stat almost perfectly mirrors the league placings.....I smell a smoking gun on a grassy knoll!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 17, 2012, 01:26:05 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=213105
If you look at the section \"cards conceeded against\" we're bottom. Does that mean that we never get yellow cards? or does it mean that the other teams are hardly ever given yellow cards when they play us? It's interesting, but the cards issued stat almost perfectly mirrors the league placings.....I smell a smoking gun on a grassy knoll!

The way I read it, no one has been sent off against us and only 24 players have had yellow cards against us, like you say that table is very similar to the league positions!

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 17, 2012, 01:36:50 pm by benaldo »
Anyone might think that to be a top team you need to have lots of fouls given against you...then make sure you don't give fouls away when you play the other teams? Is it really that simple??

I read a really good article on \"tackling\" the other day. In it, the author (a pro footballer) argued that tackling is redundent and is ruining the english game. Think about that. Football isn't about tackling is it really, it's about passing, movement, shooting, work, making space. If you have a team of players whose best attribute is tackling, then you don't have a winning team. The best teams now are passing teams who control games without tackling....they press and force the opponent to make mistakes. I reckon tackling is dead. It's too risky due to poor refs, it means \"I can't do anything else\", and top teams like barca, Real, Bayern, Man u, Man C, all top the table in....? Passing, not tackling.

Just a thought. :chair:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012