Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:27:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Penalty decision  (Read 8223 times)

Viking Don

• VSC Member
Re: Penalty decision
« Reply #30 on February 16, 2014, 01:46:02 am by Viking Don »
Absolute shocking ref, poor decisions all game, gave us a foul at one point when we were attacking and had the advantage too. He was all over the place for the pen and just didn't see it, lino should have helped him out but I agree he disallowed their legit second goal 'cos he felt guilty.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on February 16, 2014, 07:11:23 am by Donnywolf »
He's never been any good ...(without b***s)

Who can forget (if they have seen it) him backing off from Keane and 4 or 5 more baying Man U players cos he had given MBoro a Penalty

They backed him up 40 or so yards because he said " I feared they would push me over "

Why not do this I thought at the time .... shout "right I am going to stop walking backwards and the first one of you that so much as lays a finger on me IS OFF !"

Spineless 12 years ago and spineless now

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1372159/No-excuses-Lets-remove-hideous-stain-proud-game.html

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on February 16, 2014, 08:18:39 am by donnievic »
The ref wasn't looking when the contact happened and no linsman is gonna flag or tell the ref it's a pen from 40 yard away

The Red Baron

• VSC Member

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on February 19, 2014, 10:33:24 am by Filo »

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on February 19, 2014, 11:28:58 am by bobjimwilly »
The ref wasn't looking when the contact happened and no linsman is gonna flag or tell the ref it's a pen from 40 yard away

Apparently the 4th official did see it and also let mr d'urso know. I wonder what the refs response was? "I didn't see it but I don't believe you?" And how didn't he see it in the first place - why did he do a bloody pirouette and look away from the action taking place just a foot away from him?

And it is the duty of the linesman to tell the referee if they see a foul. The linesman on the east side had no offside to watch for as all the Barnsley players were in their own half, so what was he watching exactly?

Let's face it he's a terrible referee, and the amount of mistakes every time he takes charge of a match is staggering. He got demoted to a League 2 match between Exeter and Morecambe last night and made an even more controversial cock-up! http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/289084/report
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 11:36:28 am by bobjimwilly »

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on February 19, 2014, 11:56:20 am by 1879Rovers »
They are all miked up, surely they could have all given Andy D'ildo some help as he wasn't looking.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on February 19, 2014, 02:11:16 pm by donnievic »
In the refs defense which is not letting him off is he was trying to get out of the way of the ball and turned his back so missed the challenge and no linesman is going to start waving their flag from 40 yard away for a penalty,not sure about the 4th official whether he can say about fouls and tell the ref or whether it's just for off the ball incidents

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on February 19, 2014, 02:22:07 pm by IDM »
In the refs defense which is not letting him off is he was trying to get out of the way of the ball and turned his back so missed the challenge and no linesman is going to start waving their flag from 40 yard away for a penalty,not sure about the 4th official whether he can say about fouls and tell the ref or whether it's just for off the ball incidents

I am not 100% sure, but I don't think the 4th official can make any interference with decisions for on the pitch matters, even if he can see something clearly.

In this instance I would have thought the ref, having seen that something must have happened, would have asked his assistant on the line for an opinion on what the ref hadn't seen.

And yes, I would expect a linesman to flag if he can tell that the Ref hasn't had a view of an obvious incident, regardless of the distance.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on February 19, 2014, 03:35:19 pm by The Red Baron »
It's funny, because last night at Exeter he gave a penalty, then (after a fracas in which a player was sent off) he consulted with his assistant who told him the attacker had dived. As a result he changed his decision. So he's not averse to taking opinions from his assistants, even when he has a good view of the incident.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on February 19, 2014, 03:39:38 pm by IDM »
Not having a good week, is he?

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on February 19, 2014, 04:29:06 pm by POD »
It's funny, because last night at Exeter he gave a penalty, then (after a fracas in which a player was sent off) he consulted with his assistant who told him the attacker had dived. As a result he changed his decision. So he's not averse to taking opinions from his assistants, even when he has a good view of the incident.

I think the difference with the Exeter decision was the fact that he had time to "consider" his decision as play had stopped for several minutes whilst the fracas died down.

In the case of Husbands non-penalty, play continued quickly and Barnsley almost made it 2-0 down the other end. 

Even if the 4th official had indicated a penalty on the microphone, it is doubtful if the referee would accept his opinion from 70 yards away.  As for the linesman on the West Stand side, it is unlikely (as Donnievic says) that he would flag for a penalty from 40 yards away. 

If play had stooped immediately in our match ie had the ball gone out of play, there may have been some chance for consultation between the officials, as there was in the Exeter match. 

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on February 19, 2014, 04:34:39 pm by TheFunk »
I was further away than 40 yards and I could tell it was a penalty as could all the Barnsley fans on Radio Sheffield. The linesman obviously could see it was a penalty. The reason he didn't flag was because as he proved throughout the game he was incompetent.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on February 19, 2014, 04:36:31 pm by Filo »

I think the difference with the Exeter decision was the fact that he had time to "consider" his decision as play had stopped for several minutes whilst the fracas died down.

In the case of Husbands non-penalty, play continued quickly and Barnsley almost made it 2-0 down the other end. 

Even if the 4th official had indicated a penalty on the microphone, it is doubtful if the referee would accept his opinion from 70 yards away.  As for the linesman on the West Stand side, it is unlikely (as Donnievic says) that he would flag for a penalty from 40 yards away. 

If play had stooped immediately in our match ie had the ball gone out of play, there may have been some chance for consultation between the officials, as there was in the Exeter match. 

If play had stopped and the ref did consult the lino and the ref changed his mind on the strength of that, it begs the question why did n't the lino flag in the first place?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on February 19, 2014, 04:41:37 pm by Filo »
We've been on the end of some truely shocking penalty decisions this season, the on awarded against us at Watford, the one not given at QPR on Wellens, both those in my mind cost us points, and then the one the other day.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on February 19, 2014, 04:49:59 pm by PDX_Rover »
I'm miffed. My old mum used to tell me that two wrongs don't make a right. Andy D 'Urso has shattered that childhood utopia.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on February 19, 2014, 08:34:14 pm by donnievic »
TBF to the west stand linesman as shit as he was he may not have had a good view anyway and he would have been or should have been looking across the line aswell

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on February 20, 2014, 04:41:30 pm by POD »
TBF to the west stand linesman as shit as he was he may not have had a good view anyway and he would have been or should have been looking across the line aswell

The best view of every aspect of the match is from the West Stand just about level with the half way line (where I sit for each home match)

Perhaps the ref and linesmen should sit in the stand as well, I'm sure they would have a better view of the game!!  :thumbsup:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012