Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 01:14:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Hypocrisy  (Read 6260 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Hypocrisy
« Reply #30 on July 01, 2019, 07:45:50 pm by Filo »
On a more pressing subject Martin, can you tell us if things are moving along, shortlist for example

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on July 01, 2019, 07:49:05 pm by silent majority »
On a more pressing subject Martin, can you tell us if things are moving along, shortlist for example

:whistle:

donny dave

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on July 01, 2019, 10:02:56 pm by donny dave »
Is there something immanent Martin?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on July 01, 2019, 10:08:19 pm by dickos1 »
You did say he complained about the budget, but this hasn’t been in the public domain.
When he left it was just spoken widely that it was because of the budget but this was denied

It was in the public domain, he spoke to the Free Press and they mentioned it.

But read what I've written. He complained about the budget when he had no right to, he was well supported by the club, he was given just about everything he asked for. That doesn't mean he left because of the budget, so don't try to spin that one.

I know he spoke to the free press, but what we were being told by the club and yourself at the time it was nothing to do with the budget

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on July 01, 2019, 10:09:54 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
? Martin just said it was nothing to do with the budget. What are you asking?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on July 01, 2019, 10:22:57 pm by Chris Black come back »
No point trying to speak sense. Plenty before have tried and failed. There is a conspiracy behind every corner and we are being lied to constantly by everyone. Does the light stay on in the fridge when the door is closed?!? Baldwin is lying again. We must have proof!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on July 01, 2019, 10:52:00 pm by dickos1 »
Proof of what?
Just stating I never heard Ferguson complaining about the budget publicly and when that article came out in the free press, we were told Ferguson had never moaned about the budget to them and they had no idea why he’d left.
Yet if he’d been complaining about the budget to them then surely they would’ve had an idea?

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on July 01, 2019, 10:52:45 pm by sha66y »
I can confirm that the light in the fridge does in fact go out, as I set the timer on my phone to record and placed it in the fridge, but once the door closed the darkness descended and my fridge food disappeared .....just saying.....now where’s that chuffin manager cos I’m about to start making up a load of crap just to get some well earned pre season attention.....

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on July 02, 2019, 07:52:52 am by IDM »
Proof of what?
Just stating I never heard Ferguson complaining about the budget publicly and when that article came out in the free press, we were told Ferguson had never moaned about the budget to them and they had no idea why he’d left.
Yet if he’d been complaining about the budget to them then surely they would’ve had an idea?

I think what SM is saying that any complaints DF has about his budget, and his leaving the club, were distinctly separate issues.? Possibly separated significantly in time.?

I may be wrong of course, but that’s how I read it.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on July 02, 2019, 08:38:46 am by silent majority »
Proof of what?

I think what SM is saying that any complaints DF has about his budget, and his leaving the club, were distinctly separate issues.? Possibly separated significantly in time.?

I may be wrong of course, but that’s how I read it.

Yes that's right. As usual dickos is trying his best to make something I've written fit his narrative. The point he misses is that the budget moans from DF, in my view, were a smokescreen for the poor performance of his team. Once the budget argument failed to gain any traction he had to make his own mind up whether to go or not.

GM said as soon as he arrived that there was nothing wrong with the team or budget.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on July 02, 2019, 09:07:01 am by dickos1 »
What’s my narrative?
As you say that’s your view, I have a different view.
Back then I said on here Ferguson wasn’t happy with the funds being made available and was told he couldn’t pursue his targets.
Yet back then you stated he had no issue with the budget and he could sign his targets.
Yet now you’re saying he wasnt happy with the budget and his complaints were a smoke screen.

A complete change just to fit your narrative?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on July 02, 2019, 09:49:16 am by silent majority »
What’s my narrative?
As you say that’s your view, I have a different view.
Back then I said on here Ferguson wasn’t happy with the funds being made available and was told he couldn’t pursue his targets.
Yet back then you stated he had no issue with the budget and he could sign his targets.
Yet now you’re saying he wasnt happy with the budget and his complaints were a smoke screen.

A complete change just to fit your narrative?

I haven't changed anything, you need to stop misinterpreting what I've written.

I said at the time that there was nothing wrong with the budget, there wasn't.

I argued that his comments through the Free Press were wrong, and they were. I'm certainly not arguing that he wasn't happy with the budget, but it wasn't his reason for leaving. Again I made that point, despite protestations from yourself at the time who insisted it had to be the budget. Yes, I do believe that his complaints about the budget were ill founded and incorrect, and yes I do believe he used that argument to discredit the board and avoid the real reason for his failures, which were quite simply he wasn't good enough.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on July 02, 2019, 10:12:50 am by dickos1 »
I don’t know why he left, but I do know he was told he couldn’t sign some of the players he wanted to, that’s all.
McCann has proven the budget was good enough to be competitive,
Hopefully the new manager can use the funds that have been made available by McCann’s culling

TinyPortal © 2005-2012