Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 06:03:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Record Shops??  (Read 566 times)

KeithMyath

• Forum Member
Record Shops??
« on April 19, 2024, 09:49:59 am by KeithMyath »
Been a long time since I last walked out of Rhythm nation records with my wages spent on a Saturday afternoon. Heading up for the Barrow game from Cornwall and was just wondering does Doncaster have any Record (Vinyl) shops? Seems to be the only Town/City not to have one???  And if we don't have one, is there any others localish? 

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Record Shops??
« Reply #1 on April 19, 2024, 09:59:43 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Record Collector in Broomhill Sheffield is an excellent one.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 19, 2024, 10:13:16 am by MachoMadness »
Bear Tree in Sheffield is my go-to, always seem to have stuff online for a few quid cheaper than anywhere else too.

Your best bet in Donny is probably the market or HMV.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 19, 2024, 10:20:16 am by Donnywolf »
Unlucky Keith .... A week too late for you

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100057354712409

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 19, 2024, 12:32:13 pm by Iberian Red »
Been a long time since I last walked out of Rhythm nation records with my wages spent on a Saturday afternoon. Heading up for the Barrow game from Cornwall and was just wondering does Doncaster have any Record (Vinyl) shops? Seems to be the only Town/City not to have one???  And if we don't have one, is there any others localish?

Is Owen still open?

Highland Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 19, 2024, 12:38:13 pm by Highland Rover »
 There's one in Scunny market , also the Rabbit Hole in Brigg

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 19, 2024, 12:39:34 pm by knockers »
Wahwah in wakey

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 19, 2024, 05:48:39 pm by wilts rover »
There were a couple of stalls in the Market. Have they both closed?

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 19, 2024, 06:24:19 pm by Iberian Red »

Is Owen still open?

Just googled Rhythm Nation,and to answer my own question it opened in 1993(!!!)and closed in 2009!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 19, 2024, 08:03:48 pm by Donnywolf »
We won't get chance for a few Seasons but a few hundred yards from Valley Parade is The Record Store

It sells Beer , very good beer  , Charcuterie (posh cheese , ham , continental Meats ) and the main item Vinyl Records at the real of Ground Floor and all of top floor

But we'll be a League above them (won't we?) next Season

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 20, 2024, 12:05:34 am by Draytonian III »
Abbazappa is a very good record/vinyl shop, just one snag it’s in Londonderry

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 20, 2024, 09:28:37 pm by River Don »
I was never happier than browsing records in the basement of Trax in Donny

Great little record shop that.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 20, 2024, 09:29:25 pm by drfchound »

I trust the trip north was worth it Keith.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 20, 2024, 09:35:28 pm by River Don »
FON records in Sheffield changed my music taste from indie to house.

It went on to become Warp. Such a shame it came to an end

KeithMyath

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 23, 2024, 01:06:27 pm by KeithMyath »
One of my sons plays for Brigg town so spend a lot of time up there on my weekends up. never knew there was a vinyl shop there. Will check it out when i am back up. Cheers

There's one in Scunny market , also the Rabbit Hole in Brigg

KeithMyath

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 23, 2024, 01:08:41 pm by KeithMyath »
Most definitely was, what a final 15 or so minutes. Up there with the final minute at Brentford. Even better being at a great turnout at the Keepmoat. Didn't get any record shops in though sadly.

I trust the trip north was worth it Keith.

KeithMyath

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 23, 2024, 01:18:24 pm by KeithMyath »
I think I started buying in 94 from Own & Ian. I seem to remember my first purchase being Laurent Garnier – Shot In The Dark on Yellow vinyl, it cost me a weeks paper round money back when i was 15/16. Pretty sure thats when I got into House/techno as well.

Infact i remember hearing Slams Positive eduction the 1st time ever in that shop, probably around that time and thinking WTF is this, and how do i hear more of this stuff

Is Owen still open?

Just googled Rhythm Nation,and to answer my own question it opened in 1993(!!!)and closed in 2009!

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 23, 2024, 04:56:58 pm by Iberian Red »
Owen is a great bloke who really knows his tunes.
I'd forgotten all about Ian tho.
Did you know Owen was one of the original members of Playground Chairs? I've see they've started playing again after a very long break.

KeithMyath

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 24, 2024, 10:47:07 am by KeithMyath »
Just found this, jesus, who'd have thought a record shop could bring a tear to the eye

https://vimeo.com/14137152
« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 11:43:50 am by KeithMyath »

KeithMyath

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 24, 2024, 11:05:11 am by KeithMyath »
More I think about it, especially with the resurgence in Vinyl, its hard to believe a Town/City of Circa 300,000 people can't sustain a single record store yet my town of less than 10,000 in Cornwall has 2!! Odd.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 24, 2024, 11:08:54 am by ravenrover »
Did anyone order LP's by mail order in the distant past? I remember buying plenty from Keith Prowse back in the early 70's

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 25, 2024, 07:15:15 am by Donnywolf »
We won't get chance for a few Seasons but a few hundred yards from Valley Parade is The Record Store

It sells Beer , very good beer  , Charcuterie (posh cheese , ham , continental Meats ) and the main item Vinyl Records at the real of Ground Floor and all of top floor

Jumped the gun there didn't I. Still an outside chance of trip to Valley Parade in Play offs

If we do check this place out

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 25, 2024, 07:45:02 am by ncRover »

Jumped the gun there didn't I. Still an outside chance of trip to Valley Parade in Play offs

If we do check this place out

The Record Cafe.

We went in there last season as the only openly away fans before and after the game. Cracking little place and everyone in there was really friendly.

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 28, 2024, 11:44:04 am by WheatleyRover »
There was a stall selling vinyl at the Market Yesterday, quite a few people buzzing around it.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012