Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 04:31:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 1 win in 15  (Read 2690 times)

Donnybax

• Forum Member
1 win in 15
« on March 31, 2012, 12:59:59 pm by Donnybax »
SOD was sacked because of a bad run of 1 in 19, now then saunders has now won 1 in 15 with a much better team than SOD, with players that have been playing in the prem weather the people who hate SOD want to admit it or not SOD had a squad decimated by injuries so does saunders deserve to be our current manager? In my opinion no he doesnt

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

stokerover

• Forum Member
Re: 1 win in 15
« Reply #1 on March 31, 2012, 01:08:38 pm by stokerover »
Clutching at straws a little bit in my opinion. If you want to raise this point at least give DS 19 games then make your point...I think we will win at least one of our next four games, so then DS would have a better win ratio relative to SOD's last 19 games. Does it mean he's doing an 'excellent job' though? Not for me. But I'm content for him to take us through the rest of the season.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 31, 2012, 01:27:56 pm by Chris Black come back »
On these stats alone they are both crap managers.

Admittedly hardly a fair and reasoned analysis though.

pubteam

« Reply #3 on March 31, 2012, 01:37:57 pm by pubteam »
We went on a winless run of about 13 games in our first season in the Championship - people didn't call for SOD's head then.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 31, 2012, 01:48:24 pm by donnyroversfc »
Quote from: \"pubteam\" post=230830
We went on a winless run of about 13 games in our first season in the Championship - people didn't call for SOD's head then.

Wellred [strike]probably[/strike] definately did.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 31, 2012, 01:49:21 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"donnyroversfc\" post=230834

Wellred probably did.

Yawnnnnnnnnn grow up

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 31, 2012, 01:50:24 pm by donnyroversfc »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=230835

Wellred probably did.

Yawnnnnnnnnn grow up

I will when you do, ner ner!

pubteam

« Reply #7 on March 31, 2012, 01:55:24 pm by pubteam »

Even if he did, that'd be \"person\", not \"people.\"

:whistle:

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 31, 2012, 01:56:57 pm by donnyroversfc »
Quote from: \"pubteam\" post=230843

Quite right.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 31, 2012, 01:57:53 pm by Wellred »

And it would be \"definitely\" not definately

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 31, 2012, 01:58:41 pm by BigH »
Au contraire pubteam. Plenty called for SOD's head. It was JR who stuck by him.

Obviously, there's no absolute rule about when a manager should be sacked but you'd have to go some to find anyone in all 4 divisions who has survived five straight defeats or eight games without a win. Which means that Deano should be very nervous.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 31, 2012, 02:03:55 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Quote from: \"Donnybax\" post=230808
SOD was sacked because of a bad run of 1 in 19, now then saunders has now won 1 in 15 with a much better team than SOD, with players that have been playing in the prem weather the people who hate SOD want to admit it or not SOD had a squad decimated by injuries so does saunders deserve to be our current manager? In my opinion no he doesnt

Hate to say this.......... but when SOD was moved on he had actually won ZERO in 19 games

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 31, 2012, 02:04:50 pm by donnyroversfc »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=230845

And it would be \"definitely\" not definately

Nice to see you back Wellred, i knew you wouldn't last the rest of the season without posting like you said you would.

Whats your opinions on Saunders and McKay?

pubteam

« Reply #13 on March 31, 2012, 02:07:35 pm by pubteam »
Quote from: \"Dutch Uncle\" post=230851
Quote from: \"Donnybax\" post=230808

Hate to say this.......... but when SOD was moved on he had actually won ZERO in 19 games

And I think it was actually 1 win in 26 or something, which is much worse than where we are now.

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #14 on March 31, 2012, 03:19:58 pm by Rovin Reporter »
SOD by my reckoning should have gone at the end of last season , as there was obvious doubts at the top. To have him bring new players( i pause as to think what was worth the effort) leaving Saunders with a difficult job ahead.

The board had made their mind up not to provide any money to help secure  the Rovers  future in the Championship and only the desire to put J/R under pressure to sell Sharp and get their money back.

We can rubbish Saunders( i did ) it is clear to see now, that he had no chance from the beginning. indeed relegation was the only thing that would satisfy the disillusioned directors and heap further insult on the J/R. I do believe that there is a type of person who is no more than a coward at heart but has the both wealth and influence to do the damage all because they feel they have to be seen get their own way no matter what this does to the greater good , and now these persons have done their worst, will gloat at the outcome with pride .

I am only too glad that we have the honesty of  Chairman and supporter as Rovers will not survive the drop without him at the helm. Saunders has proved under the challenge to be a good man who deserves better that he has received from results and support so far . Buy your season ticket for next year and give the Rovers your full support as always .RTID

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 31, 2012, 04:05:24 pm by drfc1951 »
I may be wrong, but i believe certain board members didnt want us in the
championship from day one.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 31, 2012, 05:15:18 pm by wilts rover »
Quote from: \"drfc1951\" post=230905

Perhaps they were told they would have to put in £X amount to fund that, but were not impressed when the attendences were not nearly as high as expected - but the wage bill higher? Maybe that is why one board member keeps calling for a people to support him?

It seems to have passed seveal people by that there is a consistent between the poor runs of O'Driscoll and Saunders, look at that list of players on the left, how many of them are actually good enough to play in the Championship? Lockwood and Friend as the centre half partnership, Gillett as our midfield general! Good grief. Didn't O'Driscoll leave because he said he was unable to turn things around in the future, rather than the number of games he lost?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on March 31, 2012, 05:31:35 pm by silent majority »
Quote from: \"Rovin Reporter\" post=230886
SOD by my reckoning should have gone at the end of last season , as there was obvious doubts at the top. To have him bring new players( i pause as to think what was worth the effort) leaving Saunders with a difficult job ahead.

The board had made their mind up not to provide any money to help secure  the Rovers  future in the Championship and only the desire to put J/R under pressure to sell Sharp and get their money back.

We can rubbish Saunders( i did ) it is clear to see now, that he had no chance from the beginning. indeed relegation was the only thing that would satisfy the disillusioned directors and heap further insult on the J/R. I do believe that there is a type of person who is no more than a coward at heart but has the both wealth and influence to do the damage all because they feel they have to be seen get their own way no matter what this does to the greater good , and now these persons have done their worst, will gloat at the outcome with pride .

I am only too glad that we have the honesty of  Chairman and supporter as Rovers will not survive the drop without him at the helm. Saunders has proved under the challenge to be a good man who deserves better that he has received from results and support so far . Buy your season ticket for next year and give the Rovers your full support as always .RTID

Good post RR. I do believe you're right about DS, I do think he's a good man, so is JR and if we can give them all our support who knows what position we'll be in this time next year. It's at times like this we need to focus on the positives otherwise its going to be a long summer.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on March 31, 2012, 05:33:03 pm by silent majority »

It's not 'I may be wrong' it should be 'I'm talking out my hat'

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on March 31, 2012, 05:41:29 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

I may be wrong, but I believe in the tooth fairy and Father Christmas. I don't believe in God, though, I'm not gullible. :silly:

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 31, 2012, 06:00:50 pm by donnyroversfc »
Quote from: \"Glyn_Wigley\" post=230928

I may be wrong, but I believe in the tooth fairy and Father Christmas. I don't believe in God, though, I'm not gullible. :silly:

I saw the bogey monster last night :ohmy:  fair to say that i deposited brown stuff all down my leg!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 31, 2012, 06:02:17 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"donnyroversfc\" post=230939

I saw the bogey monster last night :ohmy:  fair to say that i deposited brown stuff all down my leg!

Obviously Willie McKay if you saw him eh? :P

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on March 31, 2012, 06:11:14 pm by donnyroversfc »
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=230940
Quote from: \"donnyroversfc\" post=230939

Obviously Willie McKay if you saw him eh? :P

Willie McKay doesn't exist, he's just a made up character created to scare little kids :P

TinyPortal © 2005-2012