Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:45:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 1 win in 16  (Read 7225 times)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
1 win in 16
« on April 07, 2012, 03:30:54 pm by mushRTID »
With some apparently quality players to choose from.

Its either the manager or the players.

If its the manager he should be feeling nervous.

If its the players, Willie McKay's plan has gone tits up as many predicted.

What a miserable season, roll on league 1.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
Re: 1 win in 16
« Reply #1 on April 07, 2012, 03:31:49 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Wellred will tell you its neither of the above and its all SOD's fault :cry:

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 07, 2012, 03:36:02 pm by dickos1 »
Quote from: \"Thinwhiteduke\" post=232020

Blame can't be attributed to one person, there are many reasons why

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 07, 2012, 03:39:05 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=232024
Quote from: \"Thinwhiteduke\" post=232020

Blame can't be attributed to one person, there are many reasons why

Exactly - I blame McKay, Saunders and whoever is ultimately responsible for bringing them to the Club (which incidentally I do not believe is John Ryan).

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 07, 2012, 03:52:51 pm by drfc1951 »
Every one connected with the club should all take some responability.

donnydunph

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 07, 2012, 03:55:44 pm by donnydunph »
And that useless welsh idiot kept talking about SODs poor run of 1 win in 18 ..... Stupid idiot

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 07, 2012, 03:58:30 pm by Barmby Rover »
Another apologist for these two. Saunders appointment was a disaster, and importing players who will leave at the end of the season laughing as they go, leaving us with demoralised players will be one hell of a job for anybody to pick up. Saunders is certainly not capable of doing anything of the sort.

I, like TWD do not blame JR for this at all, Bramhall and possibly Watson with McKay are in this. Two have run away, one to go. Unfortuneately they still own a lot of shares and can still make life difficult for this club.

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 07, 2012, 05:06:35 pm by Rios »
I had some sympathy with SOD in that the crippling injury list ripped the spine out of the team.  He wasn't completely blameless and stayed loyal to players that should have been shipped out a lot sooner than they were, but at least I could see what he was trying to do and there was a plan there.

Saunders looks completely out of his depth.  He hasn't had to deal with the injuries as SOD has and has had an influx of supposed \"superstars\" to add to the half decent players we already had.  The fact that he can't shape them into a team, can't motivate them to at least battle their way through a game and the fact that he is now approaching SOD's poor record (which SOD earned the time to turn around due to his prior success) for me means that we should be clearing the decks as soon as it is mathmatically impossible to stay up.  He's been a disaster and I'm pretty confident there won't be any humble pie remarks this time...

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 07, 2012, 06:08:07 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
If Saunders had any balls about him he'd do the decent thing and resign and not expect the remainder of his contract played up.

It'll never happen though, the mans a cowardly hopeless buffoon who probably cant believe his luck that he fell into this Job.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 07, 2012, 06:13:32 pm by donnyroversfc »
Quote from: \"Thinwhiteduke\" post=232122
If Saunders had any balls about him he'd do the decent thing and resign and not expect the remainder of his contract played up.

It'll never happen though, the mans a cowardly hopeless buffoon who probably cant believe his luck that he fell into this Job.

Would be nice but at the end of the day can you blame him for not resigning? In the same position (managing a club i had no affiliation with) i wouldn't resign either.

WBDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 07, 2012, 06:18:48 pm by WBDRFC »
Quote from: \"Barmby Rover\" post=232052
Another apologist for these two. Saunders appointment was a disaster, and importing players who will leave at the end of the season laughing as they go, leaving us with demoralised players will be one hell of a job for anybody to pick up. Saunders is certainly not capable of doing anything of the sort.

I, like TWD do not blame JR for this at all, Bramhall and possibly Watson with McKay are in this. Two have run away, one to go. Unfortuneately they still own a lot of shares and can still make life difficult for this club.

You are attributing blame to John Ryan, even if you do not realise it. JR brought Watson and Bramhall to the club and sold shares to them.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 07, 2012, 06:20:07 pm by donnyroversfc »
Quote from: \"WBDRFC\" post=232132

You are attributing blame to John Ryan, even if you do not realise it. JR brought Watson and Bramhall to the club and sold shares to them.

I once sold a jumper to a lad who's now in prison.

WBDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 07, 2012, 06:26:22 pm by WBDRFC »
Quote from: \"donnyroversfc\" post=232134
Quote from: \"WBDRFC\" post=232132

I once sold a jumper to a lad who's now in prison.

That's nice to hear.

WBDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 07, 2012, 06:27:57 pm by WBDRFC »

No-one in their right mind would do that. Can you name ANY manager who has done that?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 07, 2012, 06:46:52 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"WBDRFC\" post=232139

No-one in their right mind would do that. Can you name ANY manager who has done that?

I have asked the same question. Strange that nobody has come back with any names isn't it!!!

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 07, 2012, 06:49:28 pm by donnyroversfc »
Because the answer is, very few actually resign and the ones that do are probably pushed anyway.

donnygreenjeans

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 07, 2012, 06:52:25 pm by donnygreenjeans »
It's actually 1 win in 17 if your counting the embarrasing defeat to Notts County in the FA Cup.

NorthNorfolkRover

« Reply #17 on April 07, 2012, 06:53:30 pm by NorthNorfolkRover »
A pivotol problem of appointing a puppet with no league managerial experience is when things go wrong he has no track record to show hes not an idiot

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 07, 2012, 06:55:23 pm by donnyroversfc »
Quote from: \"donnygreenjeans\" post=232158
It's actually 1 win in 17 if your counting the embarrasing defeat to Notts County in the FA Cup.

SOD'S win against Tranmere didn't count so we can't really include Notts county's defeat for Saunders.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 07, 2012, 07:25:27 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"donnyroversfc\" post=232161

SOD'S win against Tranmere didn't count so we can't really include Notts county's defeat for Saunders.

That would be funny if the situation wasn't so dire. Nice to hear that JR is blameless as usual to most of our supporters and it's everone else's fault again..........Jeez he truly can walk on water. :dry:

pubteam

« Reply #20 on April 07, 2012, 07:32:00 pm by pubteam »
Quote from: \"hoolahoop\" post=232174

That would be funny if the situation wasn't so dire. Nice to hear that JR is blameless as usual to most of our supporters and it's everone else's fault again..........Jeez he truly can walk on water. :dry:

Just like SOD walks on water with you?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 07, 2012, 07:36:51 pm by The Red Baron »

I'm not going to hammer JR over anything. In fact, if he admitted he'd been wrong over McKay and Saunders then I don't think anyone on here would think any the worse of him.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 07, 2012, 07:36:58 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"pubteam\" post=232180

No he doesn't fella, he lost the plot, the players and didn't insist on strengthening the team in the most important positions.........this manager is just w**k and not deserving of my support ok.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 07, 2012, 07:40:16 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
His record speaks for itself. He's failed in turning us round simple as that.

As for jr perhaps he has made a big mistake in Saunders, but he has to accept that criticism. We don't love him any less but it clearly hasn't worked. Do the right thing jr, start afresh next season. I really think we need to.

pubteam

« Reply #24 on April 07, 2012, 07:43:32 pm by pubteam »
Quote from: \"hoolahoop\" post=232184

No he doesn't fella, he lost the plot, the players and didn't insist on strengthening the team in the most important positions.........this manager is just w**k and not deserving of my support ok.

Why you having a go at JR then?

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 07, 2012, 07:45:36 pm by Jonathan »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=232150
Quote from: \"WBDRFC\" post=232139

I have asked the same question. Strange that nobody has come back with any names isn't it!!!

I can't imagine there are many, but didn't Steve McLaren do something like that at Forest?

We shouldn't lose hope.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on April 07, 2012, 07:55:15 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"pubteam\" post=232194

Don't you think he was a party to this decision. If he wasn't he bloody should well of been , it's easy to blame the problem on the departed.
I respect love and support what he has done for OUR club in the past and I stress OUR club but he makes frigging mistakes and this is a dropped bollock of the biggest kind........why pretend it's not and support the error further as many are ? As if it never happened!! :headbang:

pubteam

« Reply #27 on April 07, 2012, 08:04:48 pm by pubteam »
Quote from: \"hoolahoop\" post=232203
Quote from: \"pubteam\" post=232194

Don't you think he was a party to this decision. If he wasn't he bloody should well of been , it's easy to blame the problem on the departed.
I respect love and support what he has done for OUR club in the past and I stress OUR club but he makes frigging mistakes and this is a dropped bollock of the biggest kind........why pretend it's not and support the error further as many are ? As if it never happened!! :headbang:

Well perhaps if you'd have lent him your crystal ball, it may not have turned out this way.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 07, 2012, 08:08:28 pm by hoolahoop »
Do you think I'm pleased this has failed .......I love this club and have for over 40 years. End of discussion i can't be arsed in my mood to discuss this with you further.!
Any crystal ball anyone thought they had..........has been smashed to pieces :(

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 07, 2012, 08:11:38 pm by RoversAlias »
I'm glad someone like Hoola has the guts to actually come out and speak what they feel is the truth regarding John Ryan. What nobody seems to realise is that it is possible to criticise one decision of JR's without meaning that you're slating everything or decrying his impact over the last 13-14 years.

Ryan does in some people's opinions need to hold his hands up and admit he pushed the panic button and made a bad decision in bringing in Saunders and McKay. That does not mean that the people saying this appreciate the great man any less than all of the other fans who stand by him through any and all decisions he makes.

I am glad and delightfully grateful that John Ryan is our chairman and has been for almost all of my time supporting the club. But I was firmly against his decision to parachute Saunders and McKay in whilst unceremoniously kicking SOD/ROK out on gardening leave. I then gave this whole experiment a chance and was coming round to it for a while but now I believe we need to all admit that it has not worked. I'd like us to start afresh, Ryan at the top and a new manager at the helm. Doesn't mean I don't love the man or appreciate all his great work for us any less.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012