Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:39:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 1-0 down  (Read 7174 times)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Re: 1-0 down
« Reply #60 on November 14, 2018, 09:36:52 pm by steve@dcfd »
When GM came to the club he said we produce 8% of our attacking play into shots on goal.

What % is it now from goals to shots either on target or off target.
Yet we conceed goals from nearly every shot on target.

The manager and his team have to put both right if they are up to it.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on November 14, 2018, 09:37:36 pm by drfchound »
What a miss by may

We wouldn’t have lost most of the games we have done if we could have taken more of our scoring chances.

Would people have whinged like they have been doing if we had kept on winning, say by 3-2 or 4-3.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on November 14, 2018, 09:40:52 pm by the vicar »
 Blaney has had a good game
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 09:46:08 pm by the vicar »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on November 14, 2018, 09:41:58 pm by drfchound »
Blanket has had a good game

I thought he was sheet.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on November 14, 2018, 09:42:25 pm by tommy toes »
Covered a lot of ground did he?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on November 14, 2018, 09:42:52 pm by steve@dcfd »
Well another defeat to a lower level opposition team so we are out of the competition. Whether the support like this Cup or not our performances have not been good enough.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on November 14, 2018, 09:46:12 pm by bpoolrover »
I think everyone new at the start of the season the squad was not good enough, I still think our 1st 11 is so hopefully there will be enough money to get a couple of good loan players in and then have a good clearout at the end of the season

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on November 14, 2018, 09:53:57 pm by dickos1 »
I think everyone new at the start of the season the squad was not good enough, I still think our 1st 11 is so hopefully there will be enough money to get a couple of good loan players in and then have a good clearout at the end of the season

Everyone didn’t, there was debates going on for weeks on end about the quality of the squad. And we were told McCann had refused funds to spend as he felt he had a squad good enough for the top 6

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on November 14, 2018, 09:57:31 pm by the vicar »
The way we are going at the minute we are lucky we aren't bottom 6 but we can put it right see what he brings in in January

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on November 14, 2018, 10:11:04 pm by bobjimwilly »
The way we are going at the minute we are lucky we aren't bottom 6 but we can put it right see what he brings in in January

Barring the last few games we've outplayed nearly everyone we've faced, including Portsmouth and Sunderland. It's not luck we're in 10th. This season was always going to be a challenge with a small squad, and I'm glad he played mostly youngsters and benchwarmers tonight. We do need to look to strengthen in January, as will every other team, but there's no need to panic.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on November 14, 2018, 10:14:51 pm by since-1969 »
I agree we should be more pragmatic and see our short comings, but I doubt January will alter much as no one gives quality away and we need loads of it .

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on November 14, 2018, 10:25:01 pm by the vicar »
I know but it is how we stop the rot, as the last poster said no one gives a good or decent player away

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on November 14, 2018, 11:04:50 pm by donnievic »
alfie may one on one missed again (Taxi Taxi Taxi)
hardly a one on one did well to get there ahead of keeper

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on November 14, 2018, 11:07:14 pm by donnievic »
Same old story can’t defend for toffee but enough chances to win 3 games even with the team we had out

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on November 14, 2018, 11:25:36 pm by VivaRovers »
That's all well and good but this manager was tasked with a top 6 finish! Perhaps they really meant bottom 6!

We're three points off the top six with 29 league matches still to play.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on November 15, 2018, 03:10:14 am by scawsby steve »
Sad thing about it we have been the better side missed a Shit load

It’s not sad vicar it’s getting monotonous. If we could take our chances then some of the defensive blunders could be overlooked

I disagree Steve, it's the other way round for me. You build a successful team from the back.

There's no way a team should lose or draw when they're scoring 2 or 3 goals. Our demise is down to the fact that our defence is atrocious.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on November 15, 2018, 07:41:08 am by dickos1 »
Our defence last season was very good the 6th best in the division conceding 52 goals in 46 games. This season with a better defence on paper they’re shipping goals left right and centre we’ve conceded 24 goals in 17 games.
Carry on like they are and we will be conceding 65-70 goals this season. No team can be successful shipping that amount of goals

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on November 15, 2018, 07:56:16 am by steve@dcfd »
Sad thing about it we have been the better side missed a Shit load

It’s not sad vicar it’s getting monotonous. If we could take our chances then some of the defensive blunders could be overlooked

I disagree Steve, it's the other way round for me. You build a successful team from the back.

There's no way a team should lose or draw when they're scoring 2 or 3 goals. Our demise is down to the fact that our defence is atrocious.

Steve I want our defence to be better and it should be. But many supporters said last season was boring so GM set out to be more attractive. He’s not got it right especially after the first ten games. He and his staff are failing to put our defensive frailties right. Yet in a majority of games we are creating numerous chances, which the players are not taking. We should be building from the back but if in games we scored more then results would have been different and most supporters wanting attractive games would be happy.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on November 15, 2018, 04:27:00 pm by steve@dcfd »
In the two interviews I’ve read today from Cliff Byrne he talks about improving the conversion rate on chances. About full backs last night in double figures for crosses in box. He also talks about chances we created and if we had taken them we would still be in the Cup. Not a mention about the defence and what they plan to do to improve it. Only Shaun Cummings to assist with injury cover and giving good experience.

Last night I think RJ questioned about T Anderson seems to have dropped off from last season and I think Selby mentioned about how wide the centre halves were.  But again if both fullbacks are up pitch that will rely on centre halves having pace which Tom doesn’t not have and Blaney is a young lad. We played with three attacking midfield players so getting to our defence is easy.

No mention of building from the back it’s all about attacking football.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on November 15, 2018, 04:30:33 pm by RedJ »
You're right about the fullbacks. I noticed at Charlton how wide Anderson was moving when Charlton were attacking the away end.

I thought at the time it was just shite positioning, but now you mention it, I think that's the way we're set up to play. Which is absolute lunacy when you consider how, er, quick Anderson and Butler are.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on November 15, 2018, 05:28:23 pm by selby »
  Red,that is exactly what I have been on about for ages, but the problem is not the lack of pace by the two centre backs, who by the way are nearly always up against attackers with lots of pace, that's just how it is, but they rely more on our midfield
players being able to keep the ball, and distribute it lots better than they have been.
   If they lose it, the central defenders are outnumbered with runners coming from the oppositions midfield, and in most cases have to come wide out of position, Charlton worked it down our right for the first half with great success, unfortunately Blair has been found wanting in this area for ages, and Mason could be better.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012