Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 07:28:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 1 More Year  (Read 1966 times)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
1 More Year
« on March 06, 2021, 07:59:14 pm by Copps is Magic »
Go on. Do it. The only covid remedy we need.

For the dreamers, the romantics. For the ones who want (need) to see him play in the flesh one more time. With a stadium full of fans.

Two more assists today. What more evidence do you need?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

aidanstu

• Forum Member
Re: 1 More Year
« Reply #1 on March 06, 2021, 08:01:44 pm by aidanstu »
If this doesn’t happen he absolutely needs a testimonial against Newcastle.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 06, 2021, 08:03:54 pm by rich1471 »
Think will not not be back in the stadium to see him play before the season finished , Do you think the fans could at least give him a guard of honour at the last home game to say goodbye

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 06, 2021, 08:10:17 pm by andyst79 »
Think if we get promoted he will do 1 more season, Butts will make him. Then if we get back to back promotions it would be hard to say no again

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 06, 2021, 08:13:40 pm by mushRTID »
Iv been thinking will Butler taking charge help him decide to stay on, to help his mate if you like (if Butler gets the job next year).

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 06, 2021, 08:17:14 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Iv been thinking will Butler taking charge help him decide to stay on, to help his mate if you like (if Butler gets the job next year).

In the podcasts he's sounded frustrated with Moore and his playing time but we know he's got a good relationship with Butler so maybe?

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 06, 2021, 08:17:44 pm by Retdon1 »
I have it on good authority that Moore wasn’t Copps biggest fan. Copps has previous said the key factor of him carrying on playing was that he had to be contributing on the pitch. Now Moore has gone and he’s back playing and contributing, could he be tempted for 1 more year ?

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 06, 2021, 08:23:55 pm by PDX_Rover »
Well, he hasn’t ruled it out. He said before Moore went that as things stood he planned to retire but added we’ll see how things go... It’s obvious he still has so much to offer the team.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 06, 2021, 08:54:42 pm by Copps is Magic »
Well Moore's judgement has been seriously clouded ever since he jumped ship to SS. Wednesday, which even their own fans accept are a shitshow. Somewhere between the titanic itself and a Space X test flight.

OK, Copps has to be wheeled off on a mobility scooter after 60 minutes but slicing balls into the box and holding onto the ball for more than 3 seconds are assets you just don't see in league one. FAO Blunt, Baldwin - I will personally buy a season ticket next season (despite not being in the country) if he re-signs. That should cover the charging costs of the scooter.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 06, 2021, 09:03:40 pm by roversdude »
Post of the day

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 06, 2021, 09:26:17 pm by pib »
He’s been brilliant the last 2 games. On those performances it’s crazy that he hasn’t had more minutes this season.

AB knows him as well as anyone and I think he will utilise him a lot more between now and the end of the season.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 06, 2021, 09:33:38 pm by drfchound »
Copps might be (is) thinking about it.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 06, 2021, 10:02:51 pm by Superspy »
A couple of months ago when we were doing well, it's the first time EVER I've actually thought we'd be ok 'After Copps'...like we weren't actually struggling without him...but then these last couple of games he's come back in and everything just seems so much more controlled with him on the pitch, and I'm back to wondering how we'll cope again...

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 07, 2021, 09:01:54 am by i_ateallthepies »
A couple of months ago when we were doing well, it's the first time EVER I've actually thought we'd be ok 'After Copps'...like we weren't actually struggling without him...but then these last couple of games he's come back in and everything just seems so much more controlled with him on the pitch, and I'm back to wondering how we'll cope again...

:that:  This 100%

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 07, 2021, 09:17:00 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Well Moore's judgement has been seriously clouded ever since he jumped ship to SS. Wednesday, which even their own fans accept are a shitshow. Somewhere between the titanic itself and a Space X test flight.

OK, Copps has to be wheeled off on a mobility scooter after 60 minutes but slicing balls into the box and holding onto the ball for more than 3 seconds are assets you just don't see in league one. FAO Blunt, Baldwin - I will personally buy a season ticket next season (despite not being in the country) if he re-signs. That should cover the charging costs of the scooter.

Wash your mouth out. Each of Space X starship prototype flights have been highly successful. Landing 100 tons of metal on a designated spot isn't easy but each time they try, they learn and get better. Landing a Falcon 9 booster on a drone ship in the ocean was considered impossible a few years ago and now its almost routine.

Just as we should never take the Copps chop as routine. It's been perfected over many years although in his case, defenders never seem to learn.

He'll have a lot of emotional and physical energy invested in this final season so it will be hard for him to change that and do it all over again, even taking his adoring fans into account.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 07, 2021, 10:55:33 am by Chris Black come back »
He is a great man. There was enough of a tiny hint in that Guardian article, to think there could be a chance - although only if we are in the Chanpionship. If that isn’t a better reason to get promoted then I do not know what is.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012