Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 01:31:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 1 new rule in 1 old one out  (Read 1842 times)

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
1 new rule in 1 old one out
« on January 22, 2023, 06:51:35 pm by Upton Rover »
If you could introduce 1 new rule into the game and abolish 1 old rule to make the game more exciting, what would they be?

New rule in for me would be, every 5th corner a team got in a game would result in a short corner been taken from the line on the 18 yard box.

Old rule out, get rid of the offside rule, one of the most stupid in the game.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: 1 new rule in 1 old one out
« Reply #1 on January 22, 2023, 06:55:53 pm by Chris Black come back »
Get rid of VAR with exception of over the line technology.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 22, 2023, 06:57:13 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
New rule - any timewasting, the ref adds on double the amount of time wasted. Or, after a goal, allow the restart to happen within 20 seconds regardless of where the scoring team's players are. Let's see how quickly they'll get back then.

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 22, 2023, 06:57:48 pm by Branton Rover »
Get stuffed, leave it be, no doubt the Yanks will again try and change the rules before the next World Cup because the average American can’t concentrate on anything that lasts beyond 10 seconds.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 22, 2023, 06:58:18 pm by vaya »
Managers don't get sent to the stands.

Any one of them receiving a red card is obliged to be subbed onto the pitch for one of their own players, and made to play out the rest of the game.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 22, 2023, 06:58:30 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Get rid of VAR with exception of over the line technology.

It used to be said that the big teams got all the big decisions. I'd like to find out if VAR has corrected that before getting rid of it.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 22, 2023, 06:59:15 pm by drfchound »
Award a penalty when a defender commits a “professional foul” to prevent a goal scoring opportunity.
This would have to be in the refs opinion of course.

Get rid of VAR.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 09:07:44 pm by drfchound »

Thorney

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 22, 2023, 07:05:59 pm by Thorney »
New rule - game doesn't stop for subs, make them rolling subs like Rugby league. Stops teams using them late in the game to kill the flow and then when you want to make a sub you have to time it right. The 4th official oversees the sub

Rule out - giving the ball back to the team in possession if it hits the ref. If it hits the ref then just get on with it.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 22, 2023, 07:09:35 pm by Upton Rover »
New rule - game doesn't stop for subs, make them rolling subs like Rugby league. Stops teams using them late in the game to kill the flow and then when you want to make a sub you have to time it right. The 4th official oversees the sub

Rule out - giving the ball back to the team in possession if it hits the ref. If it hits the ref then just get on with it.
Totally agree with the ball hitting the ref just carry on

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 22, 2023, 07:14:45 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Play never stops for injuries like rugby. Every time we go 0v1 down the faking begins.

Goal kick scrap the new rule and make it so it has to leave the penalty area. So I don't have to watch Mitchell become playmaker some weeks.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 22, 2023, 07:24:54 pm by scawsby steve »
Play never stops for injuries like rugby. Every time we go 0v1 down the faking begins.

Goal kick scrap the new rule and make it so it has to leave the penalty area. So I don't have to watch Mitchell become playmaker some weeks.

Best post on this thread.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 22, 2023, 08:15:51 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Scrap var bring in sin bins for yellow cards
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 01:25:29 pm by DearneValleyRover »

Petche

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 23, 2023, 01:15:03 pm by Petche »
Scrap var bring in sun bins for yellow cards

I wouldn't mind a sun bin, starting to look a bit pale lately!

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 23, 2023, 02:37:58 pm by Dutch Uncle »

Would absolutely go along with this, but IMHO to work well would require Rugby Union type timekeeping to ensure a proper 10 minutes in the bin - i.e. bring two new rules in   ;)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 23, 2023, 03:05:12 pm by Donnywolf »
Rule in. (No surprise)

30 minutes fixed halves of Football would eliminate a whole lot of time wasting , stupidity and fake injuries etc

Clock stopped by 5th Official every time ball goes out and restarted when it goes back in. Bonus ? Added time disappears so no Fergie time for big teams

Currently average Prem game has ball in play for 52 or 3 minutes

Rule out. Offside
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 08:07:53 am by Donnywolf »

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 23, 2023, 04:15:40 pm by DearneValleyRover »

Would absolutely go along with this, but IMHO to work well would require Rugby Union type timekeeping to ensure a proper 10 minutes in the bin - i.e. bring two new rules in   ;)

Shhhh hoping know one notices

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 23, 2023, 05:21:29 pm by Dutch Uncle »
If subs rules are unchanged I can see an interesting conundrum if the keeper gets a yellow for timewasting. Play 10 minutes with an outfield player in goal or bring sub keeper on and then have two on the field when the carded one comes back. Might stop keeper time wasting pretty efficiently   :lol: :lol:

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 23, 2023, 05:25:55 pm by drfchound »
If subs rules are unchanged I can see an interesting conundrum if the keeper gets a yellow for timewasting. Play 10 minutes with an outfield player in goal …………………..or bring sub keeper on and then have two on the field when the carded one comes back. Might stop keeper time wasting pretty efficiently   :lol: :lol:

Dutch, I know you have a crazy sense of humour matey but that last bit, after the dots I put in, are you saying that both keepers stay on and if so, wouldn’t that mean a team would have 12 players on the pitch?
Or am I misreading what you wrote?

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 23, 2023, 05:38:37 pm by Janso »
If subs rules are unchanged I can see an interesting conundrum if the keeper gets a yellow for timewasting. Play 10 minutes with an outfield player in goal …………………..or bring sub keeper on and then have two on the field when the carded one comes back. Might stop keeper time wasting pretty efficiently   :lol: :lol:

Dutch, I know you have a crazy sense of humour matey but that last bit, after the dots I put in, are you saying that both keepers stay on and if so, wouldn’t that mean a team would have 12 players on the pitch?

One outfield player subbed off for a keeper, 10 players on the pitch with the starting keeper sin-binned, then 11 when he comes back.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 23, 2023, 05:46:04 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Get rid of VAR and introduce a stop clock for when the ball is out of play.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 23, 2023, 06:04:24 pm by Dutch Uncle »

What I mean (And probably haven't explained well) is:

- Goalie yellow carded , sin bin
- With no competent outfield player available take an outfield player off and use sub keeper
- 10 minutes later original keeper comes back, and either have 2 keepers on pitch one playing outfield, or have to sub one of the two keepers

Hope that makes some sort of sense

Apologies for my terrible and occasionally overactive sense of humour  :blush:

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on January 23, 2023, 06:08:18 pm by Dutch Uncle »

One outfield player subbed off for a keeper, 10 players on the pitch with the starting keeper sin-binned, then 11 when he comes back.

But that is assuming one of the two keepers is competent enough to take an outfield position, or use yet another substitution   :lol:

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on January 23, 2023, 06:23:49 pm by graingrover »
Reduce the time lost attending to injured players on the field by bringing back the stretchers and getting players off for treatment.

Bring in a 15-minute suspension to players given a yellow card.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 23, 2023, 06:45:25 pm by Janso »

But that is assuming one of the two keepers is competent enough to take an outfield position, or use yet another substitution   :lol:

Or you get a Billy Paynter type who practices as an emergency stand in.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 23, 2023, 07:40:48 pm by drfchound »

What I mean (And probably haven't explained well) is:

- Goalie yellow carded , sin bin
- With no competent outfield player available take an outfield player off and use sub keeper
- 10 minutes later original keeper comes back, and either have 2 keepers on pitch one playing outfield, or have to sub one of the two keepers

Hope that makes some sort of sense

Apologies for my terrible and occasionally overactive sense of humour  :blush:

I thought you would have meant that but wasn’t sure about the wording.
No worries anyway, it is a good idea.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 23, 2023, 10:49:44 pm by danumdon »
Make goalkeepers take a goal kick from the 6 yard line on the side that the ball went out.

Get rid of the offside rule and go back to the real game of football 1880's style. If you get injured, tough.

Reg of the Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 24, 2023, 08:59:45 am by Reg of the Rovers »
Good thread. I'd scrap the current ref set up completely, and train only ex-footballers (lower leaguers who need income after the game) who have at least some understanding of how the game works rather than the shower we have now!

A few comments mentioning learning from Rugby which I agree with, the biggest one being entirely cultural - where Rugby players spend the game pretending not to be injured, footballers spend the game pretending to be injured - I detest seeing a player look like he's out for the season, and after a quick rub of a sponge he's sprinting up the pitch full pelt! You don't get that in Sunday league!

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on January 24, 2023, 09:41:03 am by Jimmydee »
 I detest seeing a player look like he's out for the season, and after a quick rub of a sponge he's sprinting up the pitch full pelt! You don't get that in Sunday league!

Yes you do, I played in a Sunday league cup final at Belle Vue, the opposition keeper feigned an injury when they were 1 up with 7 minutes to go, he was celebrating with somersaults at the final whistle

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 24, 2023, 10:10:19 am by Metalmicky »
One in - Option of 10 minute sin bins for offences and referees should have the option of moving free kicks forward 10 yards from their original position for any petulance or back chat.

One out - VAR for handball decisions........ watching on slow-mo just doesn't work.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012