Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 02:56:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Well that was ......  (Read 7905 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: Well that was ......
« Reply #60 on February 18, 2019, 08:32:45 am by Donnywolf »
Agree set pieces were poor again - not beating the first man and sometimes when we did we cleared every man

The cross field balls were often intercepted as well - and we needed those crossing them to imagine the Palace players were 3" taller than they actually were

In truth we gave it a go - but we did need the first goal - but they scored that - or like Newport make them wait for 60 minutes but they got it after 8 (pressure off them) - and at 1-0 down we just HAD to get in only one down and let GM loose on them for a second half charge. Unfortunately that DID make it 2-0 and though we tried to get one back it was not to be.

Back to the League and roll on rest of Season - Play offs are more that possible as we do have the basis of a good Team and GM ! 

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on February 18, 2019, 08:58:36 am by Filo »
I think our substitutions were poor, they slowed us right down, the only sub required was Sadlier on for May. Copps was influencing things going forward and I think Tommy Rowe is a spent force

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on February 18, 2019, 09:07:41 am by IDM »
I think there is a bit of unfair criticism going on here..  Palace were simply better than us, playing a strong premier league quality side, and that made us look worse than we were..

Yes our corners were poor on the first half, but we put ourselves in a great place to force them in the first place.  I thought we were great in the first half despite going behind.  Second half, two of the shots straight at their keeper could and maybe should have been better placed.

As for Alfie May, there are some very harsh comments on here.  His ball control was good and certainly better than Rowe’s.. he had the best chance on the first half shooting a yard or so wide from distance, he was on hand had their keepers parry from Marquis (?) shot dropped a foot or two closer, and that deflected header had completely wrong footed the goalie.. fine margins..

So he lost a foot race against their number 8, who had just come on as a sub, so what.?

Crawford should have stayed on, and Whiteman was excellent agaon apart from his mistake for the first goal.

Palace simply were better quality but I don’t think we deserved the level of criticism here..

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on February 18, 2019, 09:25:29 am by RoversAlias »
I gave May a low rating and got slated for it on Twitter, I think I was a bit harsh because he did do a lot of good running, nice movements and good control. But generally he made a few mistakes in important moments with the ball and just didn't have the nous we needed.

However, someone in here said he isn't League 1 standard based on yesterday. That's totally unfair because he was playing against a Premier League team. The gulf in class between those two divisions is now very pronounced and I think all our players acquitted themselves well enough against a high quality side.

I remember going to Palace and winning 3-0 in the league but that was nearly 10 years ago and the game has moved on, with both sides completely different propositions in 2019 than they were in 2010.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on February 18, 2019, 09:50:11 am by drfchound »
Just heard Kilbanes take on our game.
Very biased against us.
Said a pen when the ball came off Andrews shoulder and even said that Copps shot was not on target when it was deflected wide.

Deflected wide off an arm...

BST, if it was his arm, it was a very high part of it, almost on the shoulder say, and his arms were tight to his body.
I know you haven’t said so, but it was never a pen.

DRFCFAN12

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on February 18, 2019, 10:18:54 am by DRFCFAN12 »
Ok

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on February 18, 2019, 01:41:08 pm by Bessie Red »
I did feel a bit sorry for Alfie May, he did look a bit like a competition winner. He also had a look of Mike Bushell in his race with Kouyate.
To be fair Kouyate had just come on to the pitch when they had that race.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on February 18, 2019, 02:12:58 pm by dickos1 »
Some of the posts on here do sum up some of our supporters. Dreadful

Ian lyons

« Reply #68 on February 18, 2019, 03:29:47 pm by Ian lyons »
Palace fan here; only just got back from the game having stayed overnight. Just wanted to say good luck for the rest of the season and for the warmth and kidness from the Donny fans I spoke with both before and after the game.

You have a great club, that plays football in the right way and I hope that those that dont attend normally do so from here on in to build the atmosphere and get behind the team. We made a conscious choice to do so 10years back and there's no coincidence that if the club is strong both on and off the field the outcome is always greater than the 'sum of the parts'.

Anyway; I hope it isnt too much longer before both teams meet one another again. Good luck; Lyonsy

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on February 18, 2019, 03:42:18 pm by Campsall rover »
Some of the posts on here do sum up some of our supporters. Dreadful
I agree. Don’t know what some on here expect. I thought we played pretty well overall.
We ran out of steam a bit late on in the game. But we had 19 shots to their 12.
It just wasn’t our day and we have to accept they are a premier league side who wanted to win just as much as we did.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on February 18, 2019, 03:45:38 pm by GazLaz »
I did feel a bit sorry for Alfie May, he did look a bit like a competition winner. He also had a look of Mike Bushell in his race with Kouyate.
To be fair Kouyate had just come on to the pitch when they had that race.

Kouyate could have run all the way from Croydon and he would have still beat May in a foot race. May is slow as a boat over anything more than two yards.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on February 22, 2019, 11:47:40 pm by Pancho Regan »
A thousand apologies for revisiting this, but I’ve finally got around to watching the full MOTD coverage tonight.

Four observations:

Palace were really not that good;
Rovers were really not on their game and could have done better;
I could only hear Palace fans all the way through. That’s a pity. We are always out-sung;
We still have everything to play for. Let’s make those playoffs!

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on February 23, 2019, 01:23:14 pm by WheatleyRover »
Tbh i was sat in the East and Palace didn't seem loud at all

TinyPortal © 2005-2012