Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 02:24:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sam Johnston  (Read 1970 times)

deebee

• Forum Member
Sam Johnston
« on November 01, 2014, 07:33:08 pm by deebee »
I think Sam was man of the match today by a mile. Saved our bacon no end of times. The save from what would have been a great own goal was world class and he commands his area brilliantly.  Well done Sam welcome back.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Sam Johnston
« Reply #1 on November 01, 2014, 07:38:06 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Johnstone was the difference. That would have been 3 or 4-2 with Steer in the side.

Commanding his area and competent shot stopping. It's scary to think what Man Utd's squad must be like if he's only the 4th choice keeper.

Mind, I'd also but in a vote for Paul Keegan. Excellent doing of the dirty stuff again today. Essential, if unexciting work. 

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Re: Sam Johnstone
« Reply #2 on November 01, 2014, 07:38:43 pm by The Red Baron »
I wasn't there today but what I'm hearing is what I would expect. This chap is a top class 'keeper. I'd love to be able to hang on to him for the rest of the season. I'll be amazed if he doesn't go on to enjoy a lengthy England career.

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 01, 2014, 07:43:14 pm by esdailles left foot »
Sam's getting better every year. Very competent display

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 01, 2014, 08:21:53 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Johnstone was the difference. That would have been 3 or 4-2 with Steer in the side.

Commanding his area and competent shot stopping. It's scary to think what Man Utd's squad must be like if he's only the 4th choice keeper.

Mind, I'd also but in a vote for Paul Keegan. Excellent doing of the dirty stuff again today. Essential, if unexciting work. 

Watch out Billy... voicing opinions like that will get you in serious trouble with the Keegan police!

Slimneil

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 01, 2014, 09:29:34 pm by Slimneil »
Watched  him in the warm up he never dropped a shot and was practicing his punching my did it show in the game very commanding performance no wonder he England u21 keeper class

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 01, 2014, 09:30:08 pm by Donnybax »
Just superb

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 02, 2014, 07:16:18 am by idler »
A magnificent display. It must be great being a defender knowing that he is behind you. :scarf:

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 02, 2014, 07:35:21 am by acko »
sam is class thats why unt pay him what they do and give him 5 year contract,good to see steer keep clean sheet must give him confidence good luck to him

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 02, 2014, 07:48:58 am by GazLaz »
He will be their third choice next season I think. Lindegard (sp) will go and they might bring in Valdes as No2. Valdes would me a great mentor to Sam an De Gea.

There's something about sam that you don't usually see in young keepers. Joe Hart had it when he was at Shewsbury but I still don't think he was as assured as Sam. Hart looked a bit lightweight still. Hes a very special keeper.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012