Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 07:33:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

Who would you prefer?

Boris Johnson
10 (23.3%)
Rory Stewart
17 (39.5%)
Esther McVey
4 (9.3%)
Jeremy Hunt
1 (2.3%)
Dominic Raab
1 (2.3%)
Sajid Javid
1 (2.3%)
Andrea Leadsom
1 (2.3%)
Michael Gove
4 (9.3%)
Matt Hancock
2 (4.7%)
Mark Harper
0 (0%)
Sam Gyimah
2 (4.7%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Voting closed: June 23, 2019, 08:05:05 am

Author Topic: Tory Leader - Who's your preference?  (Read 30138 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Tory Leader - Who's your preference?
« Reply #120 on June 16, 2019, 01:01:51 am by SydneyRover »
I think you'll find it's remainers that are unable to produce anything good to say about what the future will be, and point blank refuse to listen to anybody that has.
Welcome back BB when you have something constructive to say we'll be all ears.

To support what you say please show us one (or more) of your posts where you have given us evidence of something good to come from brexit and where the ProEU camp has refused to listen.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 01:30:12 am by SydneyRover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfcdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on June 16, 2019, 02:52:14 am by drfcdrfc »
Where's the option for suicide bomber?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on June 16, 2019, 09:58:43 am by wilts rover »
Welcome back BB. In your honour here is a link to a Huffington Post article that reports activists are set to make Britain ungovernable if Boris attempts a No Deal as PM.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/activists-threaten-wildcat-strikes-if-boris-johnson-commits-no-deal-brexit-as-pm_uk_5d039edfe4b0dc17ef08614f
do you think that’s a good idea or not wilts?

Well no-one has said they are going to pick up a rifle and head for the front lines Bpool. And it appears to be the will of the people so I presume you are all for it?

If a Prime Minister is not prepared to gain a democratic mandate for his/her plans then I wouldn't be surprised if there were protests about them.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #123 on June 16, 2019, 10:05:54 am by Bentley Bullet »
I think you'll find it's remainers that are unable to produce anything good to say about what the future will be, and point blank refuse to listen to anybody that has.

To support what you say please show us one (or more) of your posts where you have given us evidence of something good to come from brexit and where the ProEU camp has refused to listen.

In fear of repeating myself over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, my main concern is not the consequences of Brexit, it's the repercussions of not carrying out the democratic vote that supported it.

Not everyone is suicidal, Syd. People who voted in favour of it considered that the 8.5 billion quid saved in the process of leaving could be invested more profitably.
They have a valid point.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #124 on June 16, 2019, 10:07:37 am by SydneyRover »

In fear of repeating myself over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, my main concern is not the consequences of Brexit, it's the repercussions of not carrying out the democratic vote that supported it.

Not everyone is suicidal, Syd. People who voted in favour of it considered that the 8.5 billion quid saved in the process of leaving could be invested more profitably.
They have a valid point.

Couldn't possibly just answer the question for a change? BB

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #125 on June 16, 2019, 10:10:55 am by Bentley Bullet »
I've just answered it. You just refuse to listen.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #126 on June 16, 2019, 10:19:38 am by SydneyRover »

They have a valid point.

Couldn't possibly just answer the question for a change? BB

Didn't think so, you and Boris similar and we didn't even 'empty chair' you while you were away, zero constructive policies and no answers.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #127 on June 16, 2019, 10:39:12 am by Bentley Bullet »
It's obvious you only believe the 'facts' obtained from your Guardian angel. You should be more Independent and learn to Express yourself to a higher Standard in these Times of uncertainty.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on June 16, 2019, 10:51:48 am by DonnyOsmond »

So the pros to Brexit are... democracy.

Ok you've convinced me. Let's ignore all the experts saying we'll all be worse off especially the poorer areas such as ours and let's ignore the likes of Hammond and even Jacob Rees-Mogg who says we're unlikely to not see any benefits for 50 years, let's stick by a unbinding vote made by people who didn't have half the facts they have now.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #129 on June 16, 2019, 11:12:16 am by Bentley Bullet »
"So the pros to Brexit are... democracy".

Well.................Yes! I knew we'd get there one day!

....And on top of that, there's the positive prospect of 8.5 billion quid extra to spend.

.....On ourselves.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #130 on June 16, 2019, 11:51:33 am by SydneyRover »
It's obvious you only believe the 'facts' obtained from your Guardian angel. You should be more Independent and learn to Express yourself to a higher Standard in these Times of uncertainty.
That's untrue but I do have a lot of faith in the accuracy of a newspaper that has a strong ethics policy and is not afraid to sanction it's journalists if they fudge it or make false claims. I like your humour BB but it's not a proper debate nor funny when you make claims you cannot support. Should we start calling you Bentley Boris?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #131 on June 16, 2019, 11:57:20 am by Bentley Bullet »
Do you mean 'we' as a member of the 'Britain Surrendering Together' party?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #132 on June 16, 2019, 12:05:42 pm by DonnyOsmond »

He's gone full Brexit!!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #133 on June 16, 2019, 12:11:16 pm by SydneyRover »

He's gone full Brexit!!

Sad but true

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #134 on June 16, 2019, 12:16:10 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Who's gone full Brexit, me or Suicidal Syd?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #135 on June 16, 2019, 01:00:21 pm by scawsby steve »

Ok you've convinced me. Let's ignore all the experts saying we'll all be worse off especially the poorer areas such as ours and let's ignore the likes of Hammond and even Jacob Rees-Mogg who says we're unlikely to not see any benefits for 50 years, let's stick by a unbinding vote made by people who didn't have half the facts they have now.

The poorer areas such as ours that voted 69% to leave. Sorry Donny, you're well in the minority on this one.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 01:02:37 pm by scawsby steve »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #136 on June 16, 2019, 01:10:30 pm by SydneyRover »

The poorer areas such as ours that voted 69% to leave. Sorry Donny, you're well in the minority on this one.

I don't want to speak for DO but I would think that the 69% you are referring to are the ones without the facts Steve.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #137 on June 16, 2019, 02:01:14 pm by DonnyOsmond »

That's just turkey's voting for Christmas.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #138 on June 16, 2019, 03:45:56 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

You answered the question you wanted to answer, not the one that was asked. Like a true politician.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #139 on June 16, 2019, 04:37:11 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Go on then Mr Wigerly, what was the question I didn't answer?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #140 on June 16, 2019, 05:56:57 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #141 on June 16, 2019, 06:44:05 pm by Bentley Bullet »

What am I saying?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #142 on June 16, 2019, 08:34:01 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

What am I saying?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #143 on June 16, 2019, 08:52:40 pm by Bentley Bullet »
And? That is perfectly true!

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #144 on June 16, 2019, 08:59:29 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Then it must be simplicity itself for you to demonstrate. As you've been asked to do.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #145 on June 16, 2019, 09:04:36 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I remember now why I usually ignore you. What the f**k are you on about?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #146 on June 16, 2019, 09:07:23 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
You made that statement.

You've been asked to prove it.

You refuse to.

I can't make it any simpler for you. If you're still struggling to comprehend then I'm afraid the fault lies at your end.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #147 on June 16, 2019, 09:11:51 pm by Bentley Bullet »
What haven't I answered? I've said all along that I don't know what the consequence of Brexit will be, either positive or negative, other than my opinion of the repercussions if we fail to carry out the referendum vote.

Many Brexiters believe that the 8.5 billion quid we would keep instead of giving it to the EU could be invested more profitably. I believe they have a point.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #148 on June 16, 2019, 09:12:54 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BB

I've got something positive to say about Brexit.

We have cut a trade deal with South Korea that basically copies the deal that SK had already agreed with the EU.

We've also agreed extensive new trade deals with Palestine and the Faroe Islands. And last I heard, David Davies was trying to cut us a deal with Oklahoma, but that's all gone a bit quiet.

Those are brilliant examples of the benefits that we will derive from leaving.  I doff my cap to those who have been telling us what a bright new economic future awaits us, freed from the dead hand of Brussels.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #149 on June 16, 2019, 09:16:03 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
What haven't I answered? I've said all along that I don't know what the consequence of Brexit will be, either positive or negative, other than my opinion of the repercussions if we fail to carry out the referendum vote.

Many Brexiters believe that the 8.5 billion quid we would keep instead of giving it to the EU could be invested more profitably. I believe they have a point.

But you steadfastly ignore the £100bn we've already lost, the collapse in the value of the pound, the spike in inflation and the three years of shrinkage of real wages, all of which are direct consequences of the collapse in business confidence due to the Leave vote?

Strange behaviour for someone to do that then complain about others not facing up to consequences.

Almost as if you weren't really interested in properly addressing the effects of the vote.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012