Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:25:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Fan ejected at back of east stand ??  (Read 56915 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Re: Fan ejected at back of east stand ??
« Reply #150 on November 28, 2015, 08:23:13 am by The Red Baron »
You're not related to Lifelong are you DRFC?  I'm not trying to be sarky or owt but your post reminds me of him.

BobG

Lifelong is usually having a dig at the club or the owners, though.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #151 on November 28, 2015, 08:30:06 am by DRFC »
No. You've had enough turns now, Tony. Let the other children have a go.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 08:41:17 am by DRFC »

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #152 on November 28, 2015, 08:43:52 am by RobTheRover »
All,  can we leave the game of "Guess Who" out of it please and stick on topic. Thanks.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #153 on November 28, 2015, 11:28:12 am by Al4475 »
Can I reiterate that sm, the club and (I think) the stewards' rep/matchday security team  are meeting next week to discuss this and suggest we leave this one to them to sort?

There's no need for further conjecture on the matter till it's resolved by those involved! We've got a game to win today lol!

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #154 on November 28, 2015, 02:05:45 pm by ravenrover »
I reckon the thread should be locked until we hear the "facts! from the parties concerned

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #155 on December 06, 2015, 07:55:54 pm by DRNaith »
Have there been any updates on this that I've missed, or has nothing further come to light with this?

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #156 on December 07, 2015, 07:06:35 am by Al4475 »
Nothing yet as far as I know but it's a week or so since I spoke to sm!

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #157 on December 07, 2015, 07:27:18 am by roversdude »
Hope that this can be resolved quickly and quietly
SM has done sterling work for VSC and the club

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #158 on December 07, 2015, 08:24:31 am by Rovers Return »
I do believe it's the wording of the, erm' apology 🤔
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 09:52:52 am by Rovers Return »

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #159 on December 07, 2015, 12:37:29 pm by The Red Baron »

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #160 on December 07, 2015, 12:49:28 pm by RobTheRover »
And on here too.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #161 on December 07, 2015, 01:01:06 pm by wing commander »
    I'm sure Martin has already seen the club statement prior to it's release..Personally i would have been looking for a apology in that statement which isn't there..But knowing Martin his priority will be  to make sure this cant happen to anybody else and will want to concentrate on working with the club with his role in the FSF to make sure that happens rather than personal gratification....
     It's an area that has been getting worse and worse in certain areas of the ground and people simply will not attend especially with kids if they think they can be subjected to treatment like that....So hopefully good things will come out of it....

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #162 on December 07, 2015, 01:12:33 pm by IDM »
Wingco, according to the report on the VSC site (Rob's link) the club has apologised to Martin directly.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #163 on December 07, 2015, 01:21:42 pm by wing commander »
  Yes I saw that but only a few will read and recognise that...the majority of fans wont see the vsc post...Like I said sometimes it takes the better man to let it lye and work towards the greater good..The official statement doesn't do it for me but as long as Martins happy with it,thats all that matters...

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #164 on December 07, 2015, 01:26:26 pm by Yorkiered »
Having followed the various posts on this incident all I can say is that I am pleased it happened to someone in SM's position.
Had it been anyone else then no doubt nothing would have come of it.
By picking on the wrong person hopefully we might now get the best stewarding in the league.
Well done to all concerned (excluding the guilty party of course)

bally1950

« Reply #165 on December 07, 2015, 01:50:13 pm by bally1950 »
Yep.

I have read it,...

COVER UP. WRITTEN OFF THE PERSON WHO CAUSED IT, THE HEAD STEWARD??? OTHER ISSUES??

GIVE UP drfc.

YES little drfc

Mick Ball

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #166 on December 07, 2015, 01:54:47 pm by IDM »
  Yes I saw that but only a few will read and recognise that...the majority of fans wont see the vsc post...Like I said sometimes it takes the better man to let it lye and work towards the greater good..The official statement doesn't do it for me but as long as Martins happy with it,thats all that matters...

Will the majority of fans have known there was an issue in the first place.

Martin was wronged, and he got an apology.  The details of which can stay between him and the club - as far as I am concerned.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #167 on December 07, 2015, 02:01:58 pm by wing commander »
Yep.

I have read it,...

COVER UP. WRITTEN OFF THE PERSON WHO CAUSED IT, THE HEAD STEWARD??? OTHER ISSUES??

GIVE UP drfc.

YES little drfc

Mick Ball

Knowing Martin I  doubt he will have let them get away with that Bally...Publically he will have let them get away with  just issuing whats obviously a  nice political soundbite on the website...but they will have to be good for there word of that I have no doubt...

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #168 on December 07, 2015, 02:54:50 pm by Filo »
I'm of the opinion the club statement falls well short of any apology, and is basically a cop out

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #169 on December 07, 2015, 03:53:21 pm by RobTheRover »
The apology was received by Martin, Filo, and that is reflected in our statement.  Martin has accepted the apology in good faith and with good grace.

As the both the VSC and club statements says there is the opportunity for a silver lining here with the club and the FSF working together to make sure that Doncaster Rovers stewards are recognised as the best in the country.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #170 on December 07, 2015, 03:58:46 pm by roversontheup »
Indeed the VSC version states the club apologised to Martin but as others have said, the version on Rovers Official site should also make clear the club has apologised. Not just for Martin's benefit but also so all other fans can see the club aren't too big to apologise.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #171 on December 07, 2015, 04:04:37 pm by Filo »
The apology was received by Martin, Filo, and that is reflected in our statement.  Martin has accepted the apology in good faith and with good grace.

As the both the VSC and club statements says there is the opportunity for a silver lining here with the club and the FSF working together to make sure that Doncaster Rovers stewards are recognised as the best in the country.

I accept that Martin  is happy with it, but the clubs line on the official site, makes no mention of an apology and appears to dismiss any wrong doing, perhaps they could be a bit more humble in these circumstances, in my opinion the clubs statement looks like it's been made through gritted teeth

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #172 on December 07, 2015, 04:08:01 pm by wing commander »
    Like i said..if it would have been anybody else i would class that statement as unacceptable...But Martin will make sure that the club sticks to its pledges on this issue...Which is the most important part of it...

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #173 on December 07, 2015, 05:08:02 pm by wesisback »
Tale of two statements for me. I agree with the majority on here that the club statement is rubbish. They removed Martin publically so why wouldn't they be apologising for it publically? As stated it looks like it has been made begrudgingly.
On the other hand of that the VSC statement genuinely fills me with hope that these stewarding issues will be properly dealt with to deliver a better service for DRFC.
Good result for every supporter who attends home games.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #174 on December 07, 2015, 06:55:02 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Must say that statement leaves me disappointed in the club, it reads like it was wrung from them and would not have been sufficient to placate me.  Martin takes all of the moral high ground as a result of it.  Well done sir.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #175 on December 07, 2015, 08:08:22 pm by dknward2 »
id say that 50% of people at that match dont even know what went off so it covers what it needs to.

As we know more then we can say its a cop out etc but the vsc statement says what should have been said if everyone knew what happened

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #176 on December 07, 2015, 09:06:33 pm by glosterred »
Disappointingly with the club statement, it doesn't actually mention that it was Martin that was removed from the ground, just that they had a meeting with him and implying that he was from FSF and not the fan removed. Or am i missing something?

COYR

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #177 on December 07, 2015, 09:22:11 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Disappointingly with the club statement, it doesn't actually mention that it was Martin that was removed from the ground, just that they had a meeting with him and implying that he was from FSF and not the fan removed. Or am i missing something?

COYR

No you are not missing anything, all it needed was  "a personal apology has been given to the fan ejected that he is happy with and we hope to move forward with the FSF"

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #178 on December 07, 2015, 09:39:17 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I've noticed Martin hasn't posted on here since the incident. I hope it hasn't left him disillusioned and feeling he doesn't want to contribute his time and effort to the same extent as before all this happened.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #179 on December 07, 2015, 09:41:20 pm by RedJ »
Must make you wonder why the f**k you bother though, I'd imagine.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012