Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:40:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: World Cup Thread  (Read 83782 times)

Boomstick

• Forum Member
Re: World Cup Thread
« Reply #150 on June 21, 2018, 08:51:34 pm by Boomstick »
Messi ? Pffff not fit to lace Ronaldos boot boys boots.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #151 on June 21, 2018, 08:53:21 pm by Sprotyrover »
Don't cry for me Argentina I only lost £1 on you in a sweepstake at work 😂😂😂

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #152 on June 21, 2018, 08:57:43 pm by Drover »
Messi and Argies manager looked a bag of nerves just before kick-off,defeated before kick-off?

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #153 on June 21, 2018, 08:58:29 pm by DevilMayCry »
Argentina is almost Ca-BYE-ero  :lol:

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #154 on June 21, 2018, 09:01:45 pm by drfchound »
If Iceland win tomorrow it would leave the Argies needing to turn round at least a four goal deficit in the third game even if Iceland were to lose to Croatia.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #155 on June 21, 2018, 09:03:46 pm by Filo »
What a joy to see Maradona blubbering in the crowd 😂😂😂😂

And who's the best player in the world? Ronaldo or Messi?

Ronaldo carry's his Country, Messi hardly gets a touch when playing for his Country, that says it all, Messi is nothing without the quality Barca players around him

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #156 on June 21, 2018, 09:07:44 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
If Iceland win tomorrow it would leave the Argies needing to turn round at least a four goal deficit in the third game even if Iceland were to lose to Croatia.

If Iceland win tomorrow I predict a nice cosy draw between Iceland and Croatia next Tuesday and b*llocks to Argentina.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #157 on June 21, 2018, 09:08:17 pm by drfchound »

Ronaldo carry's his Country, Messi hardly gets a touch when playing for his Country, that says it all, Messi is nothing without the quality Barca players around him

No point in Rovers trying to get him then.

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #158 on June 21, 2018, 09:12:40 pm by Herman Hessian »

:lol:   :thumbsup:   :lol:   :thumbsup:   :lol:   :thumbsup:   :lol:   :thumbsup:   :lol:   :thumbsup:

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #159 on June 21, 2018, 09:13:25 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Apparently, There was lightning at the end of the game. Maradona looked up and smiled because he thought it was God taking a photo.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #160 on June 21, 2018, 09:14:06 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Would we want him after that performance?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #161 on June 21, 2018, 09:14:40 pm by normal rules »
their manager could not even stick around to see his players off the pitch at the end. coward.

i would love to hear Jeremy Clarksons take on this :)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #162 on June 21, 2018, 09:47:11 pm by drfchound »

Would we want him after that performance?

He made Coppinger look even more amazing.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #163 on June 21, 2018, 10:12:52 pm by hoolahoop »
Old coke head, barrel chested, hand of God cheating bas**rdos must be crying his eyes out...

Hahahaha

Harsh  but ..... Revenge at  the  " hands " of Croatia.  Lol

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #164 on June 21, 2018, 10:22:42 pm by Alan Southstand »
What a shower - no, not England, the Argies were embarrassing.

What a joy.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #165 on June 21, 2018, 11:13:34 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

What a joy.

In fairness, over the past 4 years they’ve got to the final of one World Cup and 2 Copa Americas.

Every side has a dip after a while. When we’ve got a record like that, we can start calling other countries embarrassing.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #166 on June 22, 2018, 01:23:58 am by hoolahoop »
Sisto of Denmark caught my eye today, looking forward to seeing more of him.

Yes I spotted him from both games, however as a team they do lack quality ( Erikssen excepted of course ). Don't see that we will get much of a chance  God they seem so devoid of ideas most of the time - it's like watching paint dry.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #167 on June 22, 2018, 01:32:18 am by hoolahoop »

What a joy.

In fairness, over the past 4 years they’ve got to the final of one World Cup and 2 Copa Americas.

Every side has a dip after a while. When we’ve got a record like that, we can start calling other countries embarrassing.

Very true Billy but they were poor for most of the game , in fact both games - perhaps it's down to the lunatic that's managing them ? However there are enough players with genuine quality out there to have got that team motoring - they couldn't be bothered where was their leader?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #168 on June 22, 2018, 03:53:47 am by scawsby steve »

Utter rubbish Filo; one of the pundits summed it up when stating how frustrating it must be for Messi to have to play in that Argie team with players who aren't in his class. Do you honestly think Ronaldo would make any difference to that team? they were a f*cking disgrace to their country.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #169 on June 22, 2018, 05:40:09 am by GazLaz »

Utter rubbish Filo; one of the pundits summed it up when stating how frustrating it must be for Messi to have to play in that Argie team with players who aren't in his class. Do you honestly think Ronaldo would make any difference to that team? they were a f*cking disgrace to their country.

Ronaldo plays in a well structured team that plays to his strengths. Argentina are a shambles. Filo is forming an opinion on two games. If it wasn’t for Messi they wouldn’t even be at the WC. He carried them through qualification single handedly, he even got a hat trick in the last game they needed to win after going a goal down.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 07:03:19 am by GazLaz »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #170 on June 22, 2018, 06:58:58 am by dickos1 »
Last World Cup it was ronaldo getting all the stick when Portugal didn’t qualify. And he’d been poor in all their games.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #171 on June 22, 2018, 07:25:22 am by NickDRFC »
I’m getting sick of reading how, on the basis of these two games, Messi is finished and the proof is there that Ronaldo is much better. Messi dragged Argentina to the World Cup more or less single handed, are you aware of that Filo or just ignoring it? Ronaldo was phenomenal against Spain but prior to this World Cup he had 3 goals in 13 games despite playing for a team that is built around him - not exactly the record of legends is it?

Ronaldo is an unbelievable athlete whilst Messi is a wizard with the ball at his feet. Can we (and I mean this as football fans generally, not necessarily this forum) not just appreciate that we are lucky enough to have spent the past 10 years watching 2 of the finest footballers of all time?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #172 on June 22, 2018, 08:03:18 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Here’s a thing.

Every generation has the privilege to see the greatest player of all time because the game gets that much better.

So Cruyff was better than Pele. Then Maradona was better than Cruyff. Then Zidane was better than Maradona. And now Messi and Ronaldo have been better than Zidane.

I wonder who the next one will be?

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #173 on June 22, 2018, 08:10:02 am by DearneValleyRover »
The factor is Argentina aren’t a team just a bunch of individuals not playing for each other, Portugal are a team, a poor to bang average one except they have a superstar who elevates them.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #174 on June 22, 2018, 08:10:22 am by Alan Southstand »

I was referring to last night's debacle, Billy! They were anything but the side you are referring to. Just enjoy the fact that it's not us you're having to defend!................yet!

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #175 on June 22, 2018, 08:36:55 am by NickDRFC »
Here’s a thing.

Every generation has the privilege to see the greatest player of all time because the game gets that much better.

So Cruyff was better than Pele. Then Maradona was better than Cruyff. Then Zidane was better than Maradona. And now Messi and Ronaldo have been better than Zidane.

Agree to an extent but I've never heard anyone say Zidane was better than Maradona, and heard very few people say Cruyff was better than Pele.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #176 on June 22, 2018, 08:53:53 am by GazLaz »
Here’s a thing.

Agree to an extent but I've never heard anyone say Zidane was better than Maradona, and heard very few people say Cruyff was better than Pele.

Zidane is probably the best footballer I’ve ever seen apart from Messi. I think he was better than Iniesta which is saying something.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #177 on June 22, 2018, 09:05:05 am by The Red Baron »
Here’s a thing.

Alfie Beestin. 😉

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #178 on June 22, 2018, 09:22:42 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Here’s a thing.

Go and watch the videos of them. It’s unquestionable that each generation is better than the previous one in absolute terms. Maybe Cruyf and Zidane didn’t dominate the era like Pele or Maradona did their’s, but they were fundamentally better players than the ones from a decade or so before.

As I say, go and look at the videos. It’s blindingly obvious when you do. 

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #179 on June 22, 2018, 09:27:23 am by NickDRFC »
I know, everything has improved from preparation to mentality so that's no question that in absolute terms they look better. But that doesn't change the fact that when the world talks about the best player there's ever been, they don't say that Zidane was better than Maradona.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012