Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:05:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: World Cup Thread  (Read 83778 times)

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
Re: World Cup Thread
« Reply #600 on July 06, 2018, 04:44:57 pm by MachoMadness »
More rolling around antics, from Mbappe this time. At least he got a card for it this time.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #601 on July 06, 2018, 04:46:42 pm by GazLaz »
More rolling around antics, from Mbappe this time. At least he got a card for it this time.

There’s a lot at stake. Trying to con the ref is part of doing all you can to win.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #602 on July 06, 2018, 05:08:02 pm by RoversAlias »

There’s a lot at stake. Trying to con the ref is part of doing all you can to win.

No it's not. And besides that pretty terrible point, France were 2-0 up and cruising at the time. It's embarrassing as a player and as an adult, quite frankly.

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #603 on July 06, 2018, 06:19:44 pm by goalkick »
We sometimes see it at our games.players rolling around in agony next minute showing no sign of a problem.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #604 on July 06, 2018, 06:51:47 pm by idler »

If that is the only way to win win how can you look in the mirror every morning? It's time that the authorities had a right clamp down.
I can't remember any Rovers fans praising Lewis Guy for his Tom Daley impressions. There is no room in the fame for it.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #605 on July 06, 2018, 07:30:24 pm by GazLaz »

If that is the only way to win win how can you look in the mirror every morning? It's time that the authorities had a right clamp down.
I can't remember any Rovers fans praising Lewis Guy for his Tom Daley impressions. There is no room in the fame for it.

Other countries have a different mentality to us. They will do anything can to win.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #606 on July 06, 2018, 07:33:12 pm by Copps is Magic »
Brazil defense shocking.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #607 on July 06, 2018, 07:39:25 pm by Copps is Magic »
Reckon I could run down Brazil's left side and score a goal.

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #608 on July 06, 2018, 07:41:01 pm by Cantley Rover »

Players will continue cheating as long as they are allowed to get away with it. Yes the players are at fault but the authorities are the biggest culprits. They could stop it tomorrow if they wanted to.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #609 on July 06, 2018, 08:28:13 pm by Al4475 »
Extreme close up of Graeme Jones Jones Jones on the box in the Brazil v Belgium game -  absolutely brilliant! Lol - c'mon Belgium - let's see you in the final (fingers crossed!)

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #610 on July 06, 2018, 09:00:13 pm by Pancho Regan »
Yes, how good is it to see an ex-Rover involved at such a high level?

When I used to see big Graeme playing up front for us at old Belle Vue I always knew he would end up being a coach at the World Cup.....

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #611 on July 06, 2018, 09:02:46 pm by PDX_Rover »
No More Neymar...

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #612 on July 06, 2018, 09:04:37 pm by Pancho Regan »
Huge credit to Belgium. Actually they played the way I would have expected Brazil to play. They thoroughly deserved that win.

Naymar? Complete and utter prat. Too busy trying to cheat.

I’d say DeBruyne showed him how to play football tonight and I’d have the Belgian in my team any time ahead of that cheat.

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #613 on July 06, 2018, 09:06:46 pm by DevilMayCry »
Now, the only teams remained in the tournament are from Europe  :woot:

Did you know that General De Gaulle used to claim that Belgium was invented by the English to annoy the French?  :lol:
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 09:11:32 pm by DevilMayCry »

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #614 on July 06, 2018, 09:11:18 pm by MachoMadness »
Belgium's front 3 are the best front 3 in history and are carrying an otherwise 6/10 side. Their trophy to lose now.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #615 on July 06, 2018, 09:12:20 pm by GazLaz »
They were lucky Belgium. They were clinical in the first half and dodged plenty of bullets in the second.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #616 on July 06, 2018, 09:15:24 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Neymar throwing his foot at Fellaini was a joke. Jesus should have had a penalty though.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #617 on July 06, 2018, 09:17:49 pm by NickDRFC »
Belgium's front 3 are the best front 3 in history and are carrying an otherwise 6/10 side. Their trophy to lose now.

Messi Neymar Suarez surely?

Can’t believe it’s taken this long to push De Bruyne forward, though.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #618 on July 06, 2018, 09:18:49 pm by RoversAlias »
Can't see us beating France, assuming we reach the final - and assuming they do, of course, which I can't see them not doing.

If Hazard plays like he did tonight, I can't see France beating Belgium.

Should be a bloody great game though!

As for play-acting, theatrics, etc, I don't mind it - it's just doing what you can to win. But with VAR it doesn't work, which is or isn't a bad thing depending on everyone's own personal viewpoint on VAR.

VAR has been excellent. I was dead against it beforehand as I didn't think it was ready but it's improved the game loads. It's got nearly everything right too, probably 95% or more so the game is all the better for it.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #619 on July 06, 2018, 09:24:41 pm by Pancho Regan »
They were lucky Belgium.

You must be joking Gaz. Belgium thoroughly deserved that win, they were much better than Brazil in every department.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #620 on July 06, 2018, 09:33:22 pm by GazLaz »
They were lucky Belgium.

You must be joking Gaz. Belgium thoroughly deserved that win, they were much better than Brazil in every department.

Brazil had by far the better chances.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #621 on July 06, 2018, 09:34:52 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Can't see us beating France, assuming we reach the final - and assuming they do, of course, which I can't see them not doing.

As for play-acting, theatrics, etc, I don't mind it - it's just doing what you can to win. But with VAR it doesn't work, which is or isn't a bad thing depending on everyone's own personal viewpoint on VAR.

VAR has been excellent. I was dead against it beforehand as I didn't think it was ready but it's improved the game loads. It's got nearly everything right too, probably 95% or more so the game is all the better for it.

Not liked it one bit during last season whenever I've seen it, largely due to the haphazard way it was implemented by some officials (see Mainz's VAR controversy for an example) but I agree - at the World Cup it's been very good and implemented properly.

If Neymar hadn't spent most of the tournament pissing about, he might have got that penalty around the hour mark tonight.

Hopefully even if it was given the ref would have seen what Neymar did on VAR.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #622 on July 06, 2018, 09:35:12 pm by MachoMadness »
They were lucky Belgium.

To be fair Brazil missed 4/5 absolute sitters, 2 of them in the first 10 minutes, and should have had a penalty. Belgium were ruthless but they spent the entire second half pinned back, if it wasn't for Hazard putting in one of the best captain's performances I've ever seen constantly bringing the ball upfield they would have been camped in their own penalty area.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #623 on July 06, 2018, 09:38:54 pm by PDX_Rover »
Courtois was immense too. Made some top class saves. Belgium played well from back to front tonight. Yes, Brazil missed some good chances but that's the beauty of the game isn't it? I thought Belgium were the better team overall.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #624 on July 06, 2018, 10:00:51 pm by Pancho Regan »
They were lucky Belgium.

Brazil had by far the better chances.

And missed them all. They were never composed, never played the possession football we expect from them, they always looked vulnerable to Belgium’s attacks....

Second best by some margin.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #625 on July 06, 2018, 10:03:17 pm by Pancho Regan »
Respect for Courtois setting the record straight regarding his comments about Pickfird.

He’s shitting himself for when we meet in the final.......

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #626 on July 06, 2018, 11:05:32 pm by dickos1 »
Belgium were very good in the first half but we’re hanging on for the majority of the 2nd

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #627 on July 07, 2018, 02:13:52 am by RoversAlias »

Not liked it one bit during last season whenever I've seen it, largely due to the haphazard way it was implemented by some officials (see Mainz's VAR controversy for an example) but I agree - at the World Cup it's been very good and implemented properly.

If Neymar hadn't spent most of the tournament pissing about, he might have got that penalty around the hour mark tonight.

Fully agree Rigo.

And whilst I wouldn't call Belgium lucky, as that does a disservice to their excellent first half performance and resilience in the second half, it's undeniable that on another day Brazil would have scored 4/5. Hazard and Courtois both made a big difference as did the midfield duo of Fellaini and Witsel.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #628 on July 07, 2018, 09:07:10 am by IDM »
As much as I want England to win today and to do well at the World Cup, is anyone else thinking all the #itscominghome stuff is a bit premature?

Enjoy the occasion today, Sweden aren’t a pushover but we have a good chance of reaching the semi final for the first time in a generation..

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #629 on July 07, 2018, 09:09:33 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
As much as I want England to win today and to do well at the World Cup, is anyone else thinking all the #itscominghome stuff is a bit premature?

Enjoy the occasion today, Sweden aren’t a pushover but we have a good chance of reaching the semi final for the first time in a generation..

I think you're missing the ironic fun behind it. For once I think most are just happy to have a team and management team acting and performing how we all want regardless of how good they are they really actually give a shit and that's all we want.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012