Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 10:02:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Talk Your Way Out Of This One Johnson  (Read 80278 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Talk Your Way Out Of This One Johnson
« Reply #1260 on June 04, 2022, 07:33:01 am by drfchound »
Maybe the Labour party should also take heed of the silence Starmer received today, along with their poor by-election results.

Silence from Middle England Royalists is a good result considering they booed their own man, good try Nadine

Do you know it was the middle England royalists who were booing Johnson.
I assume you think there weren’t any Labour supporters in the crowd then.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #1261 on June 04, 2022, 08:02:24 am by River Don »
Eye witness reports don't suggest it was your typical left wing protesters.

User @SHAVED27, along similar lines, wrote: "Boris Johnson getting booed by people wrapped in Union Jacks tells you how bad it's gotten."

And @Elfvandel20 added: "If these Union Jack wavers hate Boris then his brand truly is cooked."

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1262 on June 04, 2022, 08:37:31 am by drfchound »
Yeah, one of my neighbours is a staunch Labour supporter.
He has Union Jack flags draped all over his house.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #1263 on June 04, 2022, 09:01:38 am by River Don »
The press aren't suggesting it was leftwing infiltrators.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1264 on June 04, 2022, 09:44:18 am by Glyn_Wigley »
People wrapped in Union Jacks booing Boris Johnson? Was it a DUP outing to London to worship the Queen?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1265 on June 04, 2022, 09:57:29 pm by wilts rover »
I take it all back. Boris is doing a great job - for Labour.

Wakefield By-election polling:

LAB: 48% (+8)
CON: 28% (-19)
GRN: 8% (New)
LDM: 7% (+3)
RFM: 3% (-3)

Under half of the people who voted Tory in 2019 say they will this time. When asked their reasons why they said:

1. Boris Johnson tried to cover up partygate, and lied to the public (+40)
2. Boris Johnson is not in touch with working-class people (+39)

https://twitter.com/jamesjohnson252/status/1533147549187641344

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1266 on June 04, 2022, 10:11:58 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
If that's reflected in the actual bye-election result I wonder what the Red Wall Tory MPs will be wanting to do...I suspect it will be to want to get rid of the main cause that they're likely lose their seat.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #1267 on June 04, 2022, 10:25:10 pm by BobG »
But clearly all that dissatisfaction is the result of left wing agitators Wilts/Glyn! We've been told. The PM is simply perfect. None of this mud that's being flung around is real. It's all a nasty left wing conspiracy....

BobG

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1268 on June 04, 2022, 11:00:04 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I take it all back. Boris is doing a great job - for Labour.

Wakefield By-election polling:

LAB: 48% (+8)
CON: 28% (-19)
GRN: 8% (New)
LDM: 7% (+3)
RFM: 3% (-3)

Under half of the people who voted Tory in 2019 say they will this time. When asked their reasons why they said:

1. Boris Johnson tried to cover up partygate, and lied to the public (+40)
2. Boris Johnson is not in touch with working-class people (+39)

https://twitter.com/jamesjohnson252/status/1533147549187641344

Been canvassing today for Labour in Wakefield. I'd say these poll results are bang on the money. About half of people we spoke to were for Labour, and the anger against Johnson was visceral - even from those who said they wouldn't vote Labour.

To be clear, there's no great love for Labour. More a feeling of how awful the Tories are. But as I've always said, Oppositions don't win General Elections. Governments lose them. The job of an Opposition, generally, is to position itself to appear competent in comparison to the Govt.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1269 on June 04, 2022, 11:03:39 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Oh yeah. And today I've also seen the most disgusting thing I've ever seen in UK political campaigning. A bunch of racist thugs driving round Wakefield in vans with loudspeakers screaming "Britain First". Which is what a right wing thug shouted when he shot dead the MP in the next door constituency 6 years ago.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1270 on June 05, 2022, 01:48:11 am by SydneyRover »
It is beyond debate that the country would be better served if they got rid of johnson, then the tories would have to regroup. I'm not sure anyone could say what they stand for any more. The only description that fits would be 'absurd' they have adopted absurdism and expect the populace to accept it.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #1271 on June 05, 2022, 07:45:20 am by River Don »
Heckled again in a trendy eatery.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10884699/Boris-Johnson-heckled-fellow-diners-trendy-East-London-restaurant.html

It must be leftwing, stop the war, eco-nutters following him around.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #1272 on June 05, 2022, 10:13:59 am by River Don »
Fascinating that my old mucker Tobias Ellwood is increasingly seen as the intellectual voice of sanity in the Tory party.

He was as thick as a bucket of monkey spunk when we are jousting over politics at university.

This snippet was in the Telegraph this morning.

“We couldn’t ask for a better critic than Ellwood,” a Johnson loyalist told me on Friday. “Other MPs see him as long-winded, over-ambitious and thick – never a great combination”.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1273 on June 05, 2022, 10:18:59 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Heckled again in a trendy eatery.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10884699/Boris-Johnson-heckled-fellow-diners-trendy-East-London-restaurant.html

It must be leftwing, stop the war, eco-nutters following him around.

I'm amazed they let such riff-raff in!

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1274 on June 05, 2022, 10:51:36 am by wilts rover »
In case you missed it on the woke, lefty, BBC, more booing from the woke, lefty infiltrators when he arrived in the posh seats for the gig last night:

https://twitter.com/allymc29/status/1533205190404460556

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1275 on June 05, 2022, 11:22:38 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Fascinating that my old mucker Tobias Ellwood is increasingly seen as the intellectual voice of sanity in the Tory party.

He was as thick as a bucket of monkey spunk when we are jousting over politics at university.

This snippet was in the Telegraph this morning.

“We couldn’t ask for a better critic than Ellwood,” a Johnson loyalist told me on Friday. “Other MPs see him as long-winded, over-ambitious and thick – never a great combination”.

Let's just say, you wouldn't want him as your Phone a Friend on Who Wants to be a Millionaire.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1276 on June 05, 2022, 03:42:56 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Rumours around that after the Wakefield election poll last night, there's been a wave of new letters of no-confudence submitted by Tory MPs and they are now way over the 54 hurdle to force a vote.

Whichever way it goes, remember this.

Johnson could lie about the NI Protocol.
Johnson could lie about proroguing Parliament.
Johnson could lie about crime, employment, number of new hospitals.
Johnson could lie to the country about "doing everything we can" to reduce COVID deaths.
Johnson could lie about who funded his wife's gold wallpaper.
Johnson could lie about No10 parties.

None of that mattered to Tory MPs.

But once he started to look like an electoral liability who might lose them their jobs, they started to act.

Remember.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #1277 on June 05, 2022, 04:25:05 pm by River Don »
Daniel Hanon writing in the DT suggesting leaving the single market was a mistake. Another change of mind.

I think this could be significant, possibly paving the way for a soft Brexit candidate.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1278 on June 05, 2022, 04:28:44 pm by drfchound »
It might trigger a revote. :chair:

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #1279 on June 05, 2022, 04:38:10 pm by scawsby steve »
But clearly all that dissatisfaction is the result of left wing agitators Wilts/Glyn! We've been told. The PM is simply perfect. None of this mud that's being flung around is real. It's all a nasty left wing conspiracy....

BobG

I can't remember anyone on here, or anywhere else, talking about a nasty left wing conspiracy.

For what it's worth, I think Johnson will be toast after the two by-election results.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #1280 on June 05, 2022, 04:39:40 pm by BobG »
Irony Steve. Irony. :):)

BobG

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1281 on June 05, 2022, 04:40:25 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

BobG

I can't remember anyone on here, or anywhere else, talking about a nasty left wing conspiracy.

For what it's worth, I think Johnson will be toast after the two by-election results.

Precisely my point.
He can be a liar, an incompetent, a cheat, amoral and that's all fine.

But the real crime for Tory MPs is to be a liability.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1282 on June 05, 2022, 04:44:55 pm by drfchound »

BobG

Precisely my point.

But isn’t all politics based on that.
What were Labour doing when they lost with Corbyn in charge.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 04:53:30 pm by drfchound »

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #1283 on June 05, 2022, 04:49:37 pm by BobG »
They didn't. He resigned after losing an election. Common practice for Tory leaders too.

BobG

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #1284 on June 05, 2022, 04:53:35 pm by Colin C No.3 »
The real ‘crime’ for Tory MP’s is that it’s taken this long (hoping that the penny has now truly dropped) to realise the despise the electorate hold this man in…..& why.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #1285 on June 05, 2022, 04:54:05 pm by Donnywolf »

I'd be up for that . After all it would be democratic if :

Labour & Lib Dems form a Coalition if either are the biggest Party but no overall majority

The minor party of the 2 joins on condition that PR is put to the people.

The people accept PR after a Referendum

Following GE the Parties are Elected via PR and then if a Party gets 15% of the Vote they get 15% of the Seats which would mean 40% of Votes would give 40% of the Seats

A lot of people ( I hope ) are then more inclined to vote as every vote counts under that system

If then the discussion comes round to B****t and the people ask for another Referendum then who could deny them it. By then in another 5 years we will be in a position to vote again having (most of us anyway) lived in the EU and "on our own" and could make an informed decision

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #1286 on June 05, 2022, 05:32:54 pm by BobG »

BobG

Precisely my point.

Ha ha ha Hound!! Bit of a quick change there! Lol.

BobG

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1287 on June 05, 2022, 06:01:39 pm by drfchound »

BobG

Precisely my point.

Ha ha ha Hound!! Bit of a quick change there! Lol.

BobG

For your benefit Bob.
The sentiment remains the same.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #1288 on June 05, 2022, 10:45:22 pm by danumdon »

I'd be up for that . After all it would be democratic if :

Labour & Lib Dems form a Coalition if either are the biggest Party but no overall majority

The minor party of the 2 joins on condition that PR is put to the people.

The people accept PR after a Referendum

Following GE the Parties are Elected via PR and then if a Party gets 15% of the Vote they get 15% of the Seats which would mean 40% of Votes would give 40% of the Seats

A lot of people ( I hope ) are then more inclined to vote as every vote counts under that system

If then the discussion comes round to B****t and the people ask for another Referendum then who could deny them it. By then in another 5 years we will be in a position to vote again having (most of us anyway) lived in the EU and "on our own" and could make an informed decision

Just a snapshot in time, as the old saying goes, "a weeks a long time in politics"

I admire your sentiment but i would wager it has absolutely no chance, The two main parties would never agree to PR even if their lives depended upon it, they would rather accept they had lost the election and plan for the next. They both know that power to them is everything, no deal or pacts ever allow parties to implement their chosen manifestos.

The tories now have a dilemma, do they stick or twist with Johnson, the two bye elections will gives us some insight but i would imagine Monday will be full of party floozies trying to talk up their preferred outcomes. One thing Johnson does have going for him is some seriously deluded sycophants who will praise him right up to the last minute, when they will stick the boot in, could not happen to a more deserving candidate, for the good of the country he needs to be seen to be brought to book.Labour wont like this, they are starting to believe he's become their secret weapon, whilst he sits their isolated they know they can blame everything and anything on this individual but unfortunately for them it wont work.

A week is a long time in politics and by the time the tory party bandwagon has closed around its new leader the narrative will be changed, Labour will still be stuck with the witless and dull as dishwater Starmer, they can blame all the ill's of the country on the old regime and then play off Labour as usual as the people who this country cannot vote for in large enough numbers to make the difference or at worst tying them up with really poor options for coalition.

Nobody here can predict the future but if you fail to learn from the past you risk reliving it over again, can't see the country wanting to re-fight old battles all over again,no one will fall for party extremists who try to push their narrative, as a nation we now need to move on and develop our future.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #1289 on June 05, 2022, 11:18:24 pm by albie »
The future of Johnson hinges on Tiverton.

Wakefield will go back to Labour, despite party HQ imposing a candidate the local party do not want.

Tories in Tiverton have a 24k majority over Labour as the runners up last time.
Collapse in the Tory vote here over lack of trust in the clown, plus "tractorgate" from the previous MP, is a toxic brew.

Across the country, backbench nerves will be shredded if the Tory candidate gets less than a substantial victory.
Those in vulnerable seats will be getting their letters in to Brady, and others will be thinking that Johnson can't recover from the hit.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012