Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 09:17:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Talk Your Way Out Of This One Johnson  (Read 80113 times)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Talk Your Way Out Of This One Johnson
« Reply #1321 on June 06, 2022, 11:47:43 am by SydneyRover »
This is the briefing doc circulated yesterday against johnson

https://twitter.com/adampayne26/status/1533476836860170250/photo/1

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #1322 on June 06, 2022, 11:53:22 am by BobG »
Jesse Norman's letter is something every Defender of the Faith might want to read. I'm not crowing or scoring points. This is simply far, far too important for any of that. The whole country is struggling as a consequence. The whole world is impacted. I reported 3 months ago that conversations with locals in Bogota and elsewhere very often resulted in gales of laughter from locals when the subject turned to politics and Britain. Just that single fact was enough to tell me that Johnson is poisoning this country. I don't support the Conservative Party, but a decent, honourable and honest leader, Prime Minister, is an absolute necessity now. It won't happen tonight, but as the steps are being increasingly greased the day is coming. Thank God.

BobG

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #1323 on June 06, 2022, 11:54:43 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
If he loses the vote can anyone see him hanging around being an everyday MP? As we know he doesn't do detail or hard work which I think he would regard as drudgery.

But if he left the Commons he'd have to do some real work for his money. As it is, he can pick up an MPs salary and do as little work as he wants. Probably whilst earning money doing something else at the same time anyway.

The money is irrelevant.  Realistically MPs aren't massively paid, he could earn more than that just for attending dinners. Sad but true.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1324 on June 06, 2022, 12:02:17 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
If he loses the vote can anyone see him hanging around being an everyday MP? As we know he doesn't do detail or hard work which I think he would regard as drudgery.

But if he left the Commons he'd have to do some real work for his money. As it is, he can pick up an MPs salary and do as little work as he wants. Probably whilst earning money doing something else at the same time anyway.

The money is irrelevant.  Realistically MPs aren't massively paid, he could earn more than that just for attending dinners. Sad but true.

...which he could still do whilst creaming off an MPs salary without doing anything to earn it.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #1325 on June 06, 2022, 12:04:44 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Much harder to declare these things etc etc.

Of course if Boris wins the vote tonight one of the other parties (if they really want him out) could call a vonc in parliament and test the Tory MPs who vote against him.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1326 on June 06, 2022, 12:04:55 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

As I was saying.

The Tory leader can be a disorganised, lying, cheating, amoral narcissist, and that's fine.

But once he's an electoral liability...

mugnapper

• Forum Member
« Reply #1327 on June 06, 2022, 12:06:53 pm by mugnapper »

The reason he's clinging on as long as possible is that the longer he's PM, the more money he'll get for doing the College circuit in the USA, articles for the papers, presenting HIGNFY etc.
He's always coveted the £100k (+ exes)
that Blair got per lecture.
(Oh the exes I refer to are expenses, not ex girlfriends/mothers of his legion of children)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1328 on June 06, 2022, 12:09:01 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Some Yin and Yang here!
https://mobile.twitter.com/JohnPenroseNews/status/1533753928483061760

Tory MP Jon Penrose resigning as Johnson's Anti-Corruption Tsar, for very good moral reasons.

I wonder if he holds his wife to such high moral, Anti-Corruption standards? Might make for some frosty exchanges over the breakfast table.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1329 on June 06, 2022, 12:15:46 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

The reason he's clinging on as long as possible is that the longer he's PM, the more money he'll get for doing the College circuit in the USA, articles for the papers, presenting HIGNFY etc.
He's always coveted the £100k (+ exes)
that Blair got per lecture.
(Oh the exes I refer to are expenses, not ex girlfriends/mothers of his legion of children)

Whenever he goes, it'll be fascinating to see his worth on the lecture circuit.

Ex-PMs have a lucrative way of monetising their experience of Govt. Companies and other governments are interested in the philosophies, the personalities, the strengths and the weaknesses at the heart of Govt. It helps them craft their own policies for dealing with that Govt.

I wonder if Johnson, with his famed total lack of interest in detail, will have much to say?

"Working of Government you say? Well...I... I... I wasn't much involved in that. But if you want to hear how took a month off to deal with my divorce, or how I spent most of my time as London Mayor getting tit w**ks off a delicious piece of Yankee totty..."

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #1332 on June 06, 2022, 12:46:35 pm by BobG »
You might find this article by the well known lefty Max Hastings illustrative, indeed somewhat frightening, too.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jun/24/boris-johnson-prime-minister-tory-party-britain

BobG

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #1333 on June 06, 2022, 12:47:15 pm by albie »
The big takeaway from this is Brady telling the BBC that "the rules can be changed".

Bozo will survive tonight, but damaged.
Once Tiverton votes, the pressure will boil up.
If he will not step down, Brady and the 1922 will change the 1 year protection rule.

The end is near.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1334 on June 06, 2022, 12:51:37 pm by drfchound »

As I was saying.

The Tory leader can be a disorganised, lying, cheating, amoral narcissist, and that's fine.

And as I was saying, wouldn’t that apply to any political Party.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #1335 on June 06, 2022, 12:58:34 pm by BobG »
The Labour Party stuck with a man who was absolutely guaranteed to never win a general election...

BobG

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1336 on June 06, 2022, 01:13:39 pm by SydneyRover »

As I was saying.

It must be the first time in history two successive PMs have faced confidence votes?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1337 on June 06, 2022, 01:42:14 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Much harder to declare these things etc etc.

Of course if Boris wins the vote tonight one of the other parties (if they really want him out) could call a vonc in parliament and test the Tory MPs who vote against him.

The problem with that though, is that it'd be a VONC in the Government as a whole, not Boris, which is would be enough of a loophole to justify the rebels not backing the VONC.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #1338 on June 06, 2022, 02:16:14 pm by Ldr »

As I was saying.

It must be the first time in history two successive PMs have faced confidence votes?

Thatcher - Major?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1339 on June 06, 2022, 02:18:48 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

As I was saying.

Thatcher - Major?

Not motions of confidence, direct leadership elections. And Major triggered his himself.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1340 on June 06, 2022, 02:20:35 pm by wilts rover »
Brilliant!

A blond-haired prime minister whose government could collapse within hours just spotted going into Number 10 (Johnson is meething Estonian PM Kallas today)...

'Kallas is in trouble because she had the courage to boot the Russian apologists out of her government. Johnson is in trouble because he lacked the courage to boot some pissed special advisers out of his back garden.'

https://twitter.com/tompeck/status/1533794354342551558

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #1341 on June 06, 2022, 03:13:06 pm by BigH »
You might find this article by the well known lefty Max Hastings illustrative, indeed somewhat frightening, too.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jun/24/boris-johnson-prime-minister-tory-party-britain

BobG
Written 3 years ago when Johnson had just taken  over from May, what an incredibly prescient piece by Hastings.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1342 on June 06, 2022, 03:14:49 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I wonder how many will get bribed with knighthoods!

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #1343 on June 06, 2022, 03:35:04 pm by BobG »
It was. And it wasn't BigH.  The character and behaviours of the Greasy Piglet have been well known for decades. Even Eton commented unfavourably back in his school days. So, it was hardly prescient of MAx Hastings to write what he did - especially as he had first hand experience of the Piglet having been his boss. But to have the courage to write what he did, the awareness to see what it was ithat was in front of him, and us, then yes. He said what many did not, or could not, or would not. Shame on all of them. And kidos to Max Hastings for his intellectual honesty.

BobG

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #1344 on June 06, 2022, 04:17:03 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Just listen to yourself. You think you come across as all intellectual yet you come out with childish, unoriginal, corny, imbecilic schoolboy insults like calling the Prime Minister Greasy Piglet.

It's people like you who lose Labour supporters simply because they don't want to be on the same side as you.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #1345 on June 06, 2022, 04:20:22 pm by MachoMadness »
Here's Nadine who, in her full throated defence of the clown against Jeremy Hunt, admits the Tories failed to prepare for the pandemic and caused thousands of unnecessary deaths.

https://twitter.com/NadineDorries/status/1533763409627566080?t=JzQIotlhXa0CjsvLIM0Usg&s=19

You literally can't read that any other way can you?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1346 on June 06, 2022, 04:23:35 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Here's Nadine who, in her full throated defence of the clown against Jeremy Hunt, admits the Tories failed to prepare for the pandemic and caused thousands of unnecessary deaths.

https://twitter.com/NadineDorries/status/1533763409627566080?t=JzQIotlhXa0CjsvLIM0Usg&s=19

You literally can't read that any other way can you?

I think this is what's called Blue-on-Blue.

Although that phrase probably has different connotations for the relationship between Dorries and Johnson...

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1347 on June 06, 2022, 04:24:58 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

As I was saying.

Thatcher - Major?

Not motions of confidence, direct leadership elections. And Major triggered his himself.

In effect that Thatcher and Major ballots were confidence votes though.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1348 on June 06, 2022, 04:26:50 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Just listen to yourself. You think you come across as all intellectual yet you come out with childish, unoriginal, corny, imbecilic schoolboy insults like calling the Prime Minister Greasy Piglet.

It's people like you who lose Labour supporters simply because they don't want to be on the same side as you.

I assume you know the origin of that phrase.

Quite ironic actually, given the porcine predilections of the man who coined the phrase.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #1349 on June 06, 2022, 04:36:21 pm by Bentley Bullet »
As I said, it's not original, and repeating it doesn't make it any less schoolboyish than when Cameron said it.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012