Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 02:53:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Talk Your Way Out Of This One Johnson  (Read 80338 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Talk Your Way Out Of This One Johnson
« Reply #1890 on July 07, 2022, 01:02:36 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Not the slightest whiff of humility or apology for the character failing that brought him down - the fact that he considers Objective Truth to be an irrelevance.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #1891 on July 07, 2022, 01:05:12 pm by River Don »
Ex-No10 chief Dominic Cummings wrote on Twitter: 'Evict TODAY or he'll cause CARNAGE, even now he's playing for time & will try to stay.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1892 on July 07, 2022, 01:05:43 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Surely Johnson is now the lamest of lame  ducks EVER ?

Surely he won't be able to suggest anything , or meet overseas leaders or speak as PM or award Honours  etc etc

Surely they will tell him to keep out of sight keep off tv and stop speaking for them ?

World class lame duck Surely?

I think it's the end of the ridiculous NI Protocol legislation. NO incoming PM will want to have to deal with the fallout from that shitshow.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1893 on July 07, 2022, 01:06:32 pm by SydneyRover »
No contrition at all, it's unbelievable the amount of work in front of the next government a monumental amount but listening to that most of the hard work has been done. And they are still hopping around dancing to his tune.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1894 on July 07, 2022, 01:08:47 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
CCTV footage from the No10 bunker last night.

https://mobile.twitter.com/hutch1975/status/1544785045071839232

And yeah, it's an old theme but it keeps on giving.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1895 on July 07, 2022, 01:11:09 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Ex-No10 chief Dominic Cummings wrote on Twitter: 'Evict TODAY or he'll cause CARNAGE, even now he's playing for time & will try to stay.

That's what I was saying earlier. Johnson's ideal scenario now is some existential crisis blowing up between now and October and the Party deciding it's better leaving him in charge than Penny Mordaunt (no...me neither) picking up the reins.

mugnapper

• Forum Member
« Reply #1896 on July 07, 2022, 01:13:54 pm by mugnapper »
As I said earlier and many times previously, narcissism continues with 'herd instinct' forced him out. Nothing he did in his mind contributed to his downfall

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1897 on July 07, 2022, 01:15:09 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
What, Boris breaking today's promise? How could you think that of him?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1898 on July 07, 2022, 01:34:42 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
That resignation speech summed up perfectly.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MattChorley/status/1544781954624770048

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1899 on July 07, 2022, 01:40:04 pm by SydneyRover »
There's a whole string of twitter comments on the Guardian live feed from a load of different journo's in reaction to his speech

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #1900 on July 07, 2022, 02:14:40 pm by danumdon »
This thread is starting to sound like a division 4 witches coven, some sound like they are starting to hyperventilate in their excitement !

He's gone, not before time, we need the men in grey suits to have another word and get this imbecile out of the building, drag someone safe and mildly competent to sit in the seat until the new leader is selected. I'm hoping that after a very short familiarisation period is completed we go to a general election, we cant have none elected PM.s in situ, its not the right thing to do, a new government needs a mandate. I'm still not sure that after all this chaos for the last 3 years that a suitable alternative exist, Starmer's Labour party is still conference level and i'm not sure he or the current labour party would stand up to an election campaign.

After all this the country is still divided and at this time rudderless, we need people of substance to step up from somewhere, do either side have the minerals?

We need a full reset, who's going to provide it ?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1901 on July 07, 2022, 02:26:21 pm by drfchound »
There's a whole string of twitter comments on the Guardian live feed from a load of different journo's in reaction to his speech

Only to be expected.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1902 on July 07, 2022, 02:30:20 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Timeline of the folk on the Right in here.

2016-2020. Johnson's absolutely bang on! He tells it like it is.

2020. Ok, so he lies occasionally, but they're all the same.

2021. OK, so he lies more than any politician in history, but why do you go on about it so much?

Winter 2022. OK, so maybe you're right that he's a moral black hole, but I'd have seen that sooner if you hadn't made such a song and dance about it.

Spring 2022. Actually I knew that we was an amoral pathological liar all along.

Today. Yeah but Starmer.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1903 on July 07, 2022, 02:37:34 pm by drfchound »
This thread is starting to sound like a division 4 witches coven, some sound like they are starting to hyperventilate in their excitement !

He's gone, not before time, we need the men in grey suits to have another word and get this imbecile out of the building, drag someone safe and mildly competent to sit in the seat until the new leader is selected. I'm hoping that after a very short familiarisation period is completed we go to a general election, we cant have none elected PM.s in situ, its not the right thing to do, a new government needs a mandate. I'm still not sure that after all this chaos for the last 3 years that a suitable alternative exist, Starmer's Labour party is still conference level and i'm not sure he or the current labour party would stand up to an election campaign.

After all this the country is still divided and at this time rudderless, we need people of substance to step up from somewhere, do either side have the minerals?

We need a full reset, who's going to provide it ?

DD, how right you are that some posters are going to hyperventilate over the Johnson resignation.
BST is likely to burst a blood vessel if he carries on like that last post of his.
He will milk this so much that the only herd in trouble are all the cows that are likely to die.

The resignation, or booting out, has been inevitable for weeks now.
It was when, not if, he went.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #1904 on July 07, 2022, 02:49:23 pm by Nudga »
This doesn't excite me one bit, we'll just have another lying, thieving, stuttering Tory Kitson in charge.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #1905 on July 07, 2022, 02:58:43 pm by danumdon »

2021. OK, so he lies more than any politician in history, but why do you go on about it so much?

Winter 2022. OK, so maybe you're right that he's a moral black hole, but I'd have seen that sooner if you hadn't made such a song and dance about it.

Today. Yeah but Starmer.

Another 5 mins of your life that could of been better spent doing something useful. get the Mr's to wipe the froth away, people will start to talk!

Totally pointless.

mugnapper

• Forum Member
« Reply #1906 on July 07, 2022, 03:01:07 pm by mugnapper »
The fact he unilaterally, it seems, to have decided to form a new cabinet minutes before he resigned, then declared he'll be staying put till Autumn, astounds me.
The removal van should be outside No.11 by 5pm.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1907 on July 07, 2022, 03:04:01 pm by drfchound »
The fact he unilaterally, it seems, to have decided to form a new cabinet minutes before he resigned, then declared he'll be staying put till Autumn, astounds me.

Total agreement from me on that mugnapper.
It is an incredible situation and can’t really be any good in the long run.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1908 on July 07, 2022, 03:10:24 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Today. Yeah but Starmer.

Another 5 mins of your life that could of been better spent doing something useful. get the Mr's to wipe the froth away, people will start to talk!

Totally pointless.

Point is DD, it matters.

We've had years now of folk idly saying "they're all the same." When they AREN'T all the same.

Lazily doing this bothsides thing just opens to door for a true pathological liar like Johnson to walk in and shit all over the place. Because too many people have been prepared to excuse him on the grounds that he's no different from any other politician in his principles.

This time it's only resulted in the danger of renewed conflict in Ireland, a totally botched approach to a pandemic, a stunted economy and the possibility of the PM being compromised by the FSB.

Next time, if we don't start growing up on this theme, it could be REALLY serious.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1909 on July 07, 2022, 03:14:32 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

If the problem had been a difference of opinion between the PM and the Party over a matter of policy, it wold be fine for the PM to continue as PM until a new leader was elected, on the understanding that the policy issue was shelved for now. That's what happened with May in 2019.

This is totally different. The reason why Johnson has been brought down is that he is totally and utterly untrustworthy. For MPs to leave him in charge for 3 months is beyond belief.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1910 on July 07, 2022, 03:24:47 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Raab has confirmed he isn't going to stand for leadership, so it seems best for him to be interim PM until a new leader emerges.

If Raab hadn't done this, I'd have said Peter Bottomley for temp PM. Father Of The House, extremely well respected by all sides, former Cabinet Minister, obviously not angling for the job himself so not looking to use the job to raise his profile.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #1911 on July 07, 2022, 03:30:52 pm by MachoMadness »
Read a report that a big reason he wants to hang over the summer is because he has a party booked at chequers. Lol.

It is right in his character but I agree with BST that he's kicking the can down the road in the hope something will come along that he can use as an excuse to save himself.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1912 on July 07, 2022, 04:18:10 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
He might find a technicality but the country as a whole won't wear it. It'd condemn him to certain defeat at an election. And that's if we didn't see a repeat of the last 48 hours, which I'd fully expect if he tried it.

mugnapper

• Forum Member
« Reply #1913 on July 07, 2022, 04:28:04 pm by mugnapper »
I wonder how long Johnson will remain a backbencher for. After all, he said he couldn't manage on the PM's salary, so a backbenchers won't go very far.
Maybe Carrie will have to get a job on the tills at Asda to help out?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1915 on July 07, 2022, 04:41:07 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I wonder how long Johnson will remain a backbencher for. After all, he said he couldn't manage on the PM's salary, so a backbenchers won't go very far.

What are the odds on the year of his next divorce?

She had a taste for luxury and power.

He was a track record of dealing with dismissal by dropping his kecks.

I don't have them marked down as Mr and Mrs material in 20 years time.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #1916 on July 07, 2022, 05:05:37 pm by River Don »

These days PMs can really make a lot more money once they are out of office. I can see Boris Johnson being a very popular keynote speaker in future.

Maybe a directorship of an armaments business, or constructors looking to get into Ukraine.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 05:10:51 pm by River Don »

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1917 on July 07, 2022, 05:25:35 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
He's going to have to wait a while for his knighthood too!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1918 on July 07, 2022, 05:30:00 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Problem with Johnson is, he doesn't have the monetisable skills that previous PMs had.

He's has an infamously short attention span and contempt for detail. The word is that he genuinely didn't realise that his deal with the EU would mean a customs border in the Irish Sea because he was too f**king lazy to read the deal he signed.

That approach would make him a disastrous company director.

And he won't be in demand for consultancy work advising companies on geo-political movements for precisely the same reason.

He didn't make his name writing made up jokey articles and playing the buffoon on TV for nothing. Those really are his main marketable skills.

I'm A Celeb maybe?

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #1919 on July 07, 2022, 05:33:22 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

What are the odds on the year of his next divorce?

She had a taste for luxury and power.

He was a track record of dealing with dismissal by dropping his kecks.

I don't have them marked down as Mr and Mrs material in 20 years time.

I was looking to drop the phrase "the  incumbent  Mrs Johnson"  into a post  ...  so now seems the ideal time

After this weeks performance he will never get a knighthood and become a "Sir" and will have to remain just a  "Sire "

In "family trees" etc.  when someone has a child with someone they say they "had issues*"   ...........   he certainly has in more ways than one.

*there are issues and acknowledged issues
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 05:39:39 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012