Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 12:57:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Talk Your Way Out Of This One Johnson  (Read 80160 times)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
Re: Talk Your Way Out Of This One Johnson
« Reply #2010 on July 09, 2022, 10:48:16 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Well now. Johnson's ex-mistress and well connected journalist:

'A source at Number 10 tells me that Boris Johnson intends to stand down as Prime Minister on Monday, in order to run for the Tory leadership.'

https://twitter.com/PetronellaWyatt/status/1545755462292971520

Of course the fact that Wyatts dad was a former Labour politician wouldn’t have influenced her to make up something like that.

Presumably him being one of Thatcher's closest advisers would have influenced her.

I dont know.
He was an active LP member and MP for much longer than he was Maggies advisor.

Yes, but which was he after Petronella was born and would have grown up experiencing?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2011 on July 10, 2022, 01:00:44 am by SydneyRover »
but but but ''I am not particularly interested in politics''

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2012 on July 10, 2022, 01:08:22 am by SydneyRover »
 ................ Boris Johnson is facing new allegations he lobbied to get a job for a woman who claimed to be having a sexual relationship with him while he was London mayor ........

It is alleged that Johnson lobbied for the woman to have a City Hall job during his time as London mayor and MP for Henley ...........

........ The revelations come just days after Johnson told the House of Commons: “I abhor … abuse of power anywhere in parliament, in this party or in any other party.” ..

A Downing Street spokesman said: “This [is] not about his time as PM and [has] no public interest as I see it. And we don’t talk about his private life ...........

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jul/09/boris-johnson-facing-accusation-he-tried-to-get-job-for-woman-claiming-affair

Not a denial, we just don't wish to talk about that sort of thing ......

busadvertising

this bus ain't big enough to carry all my baggage

vote tory

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2013 on July 10, 2022, 07:47:20 am by drfchound »
Why would “Downing Street” talk about his private life.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2014 on July 10, 2022, 08:56:21 am by drfchound »

#hooklineandsinker.

To be honest, I wasn’t particularly interested in politics until a few years ago but having read so much on this forum I got to thinking about it in a small way.
I have realised what a shitty job is must be to do and that everyone, including political supporters of all persuasions, put their spin onto anything that they can to sway things their way.

The hard liners search persistently, to the point of it dominating their lives it seems, for stuff to write about the “other lot”.

At least we have something in common though Syd because, judging by your noticeable lack of posts on the viking chat part of this forum, you are not particularly interested in football.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2015 on July 10, 2022, 09:24:53 am by drfchound »

'A source at Number 10 tells me that Boris Johnson intends to stand down as Prime Minister on Monday, in order to run for the Tory leadership.'

Of course the fact that Wyatts dad was a former Labour politician wouldn’t have influenced her to make up something like that.

Presumably him being one of Thatcher's closest advisers would have influenced her.

I dont know.

Yes, but which was he after Petronella was born and would have grown up experiencing?

Again, I don’t know, how could I know?
Leopards and spots spring to mind.u

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2016 on July 10, 2022, 09:33:36 am by SydneyRover »

#hooklineandsinker.

To be honest, I wasn’t particularly interested in politics until a few years ago but having read so much on this forum I got to thinking about it in a small way.
I have realised what a shitty job is must be to do and that everyone, including political supporters of all persuasions, put their spin onto anything that they can to sway things their way.

The hard liners search persistently, to the point of it dominating their lives it seems, for stuff to write about the “other lot”.

At least we have something in common though Syd because, judging by your noticeable lack of posts on the viking chat part of this forum, you are not particularly interested in football.

you're very thin skinned for a contrarian hound

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #2017 on July 10, 2022, 10:30:34 am by Glyn_Wigley »

I dont know.

So, you don't know but it didn't stop you from talking about him. Perhaps you ought to have found out first. I didn't have to look him up, I already knew about him. Then again, I'm surprised how someone who claims that've only just got interested in politics would know anything about someone who stopped being an MP in 1970!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 10:33:20 am by Glyn_Wigley »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2018 on July 10, 2022, 06:28:31 pm by drfchound »

I dont know.

So, you don't know but it didn't stop you from talking about him. Perhaps you ought to have found out first. I didn't have to look him up, I already knew about him. Then again, I'm surprised how someone who claims that've only just got interested in politics would know anything about someone who stopped being an MP in 1970!

I admit that I looked him up, I had never heard of him.
A quick google search told me he was a former Labour MP.
Not having such a vast knowledge of all things known to man, as you appear to have, I based my response on that.
Happy ?
I am curious though how you know that he would have indoctrinated little Petronella with Tory propaganda.
I was going to write that he could have been a Labour Party spy but from the gist of most of your posts you wouldn’t see the funny side if it, so I won’t bother.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2019 on July 10, 2022, 08:54:15 pm by ravenrover »
I see that Petronella Wyatt is suggesting that the Piglet is plotting a manoeuver to put himself forward as a candidate in the new leader election. The rules say that a leader who resigns is not allowed to stand for re-election  note his choice of words he will stand down he has not resigned is there an attempted coup happening in front of our eyes?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #2020 on July 10, 2022, 09:11:42 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

I dont know.

I admit that I looked him up, I had never heard of him.
A quick google search told me he was a former Labour MP.
Not having such a vast knowledge of all things known to man, as you appear to have, I based my response on that.
Happy ?
I am curious though how you know that he would have indoctrinated little Petronella with Tory propaganda.
I was going to write that he could have been a Labour Party spy but from the gist of most of your posts you wouldn’t see the funny side if it, so I won’t bother.

You already know the answer to that.

In exactly the same way you think he would have indoctrinated her with Labour propaganda, of course.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2021 on July 10, 2022, 09:17:02 pm by wilts rover »
I see that Petronella Wyatt is suggesting that the Piglet is plotting a manoeuver to put himself forward as a candidate in the new leader election. The rules say that a leader who resigns is not allowed to stand for re-election  note his choice of words he will stand down he has not resigned is there an attempted coup happening in front of our eyes?

I refer the honourable gentleman to the reply I gave in post #2006 above (which says she later said the person who had told her it had got back in touch to say it was a joke).

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2022 on July 10, 2022, 09:50:52 pm by ravenrover »
Mmmm!

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #2023 on July 11, 2022, 08:34:48 am by i_ateallthepies »

You think who her father is has more effect on what she would say than her current job, Deputy Editor of The Spectator or who the father of her aborted child is? Interesting.

I never mentioned her job or private life wilts so you are making a big assumption there.

You brought her father into the conversation.  So... a person's parents are not part of their private life?  What a strange fellow you are.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2024 on July 11, 2022, 08:39:15 am by drfchound »

You think who her father is has more effect on what she would say than her current job, Deputy Editor of The Spectator or who the father of her aborted child is? Interesting.

I never mentioned her job or private life wilts so you are making a big assumption there.

You brought her father into the conversation.  So... a person's parents are not part of their private life?  What a strange fellow you are.

I was talking about who was the father of her aborted child, and you know it.
Unless of course you think I was saying her own father was the father of her aborted child and that would make YOU the strange fellow.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #2025 on July 11, 2022, 09:02:30 am by Glyn_Wigley »

I was talking about who was the father of her aborted child, and you know it.
Unless of course you think I was saying her own father was the father of her aborted child and that would make YOU the strange fellow.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2026 on July 11, 2022, 09:18:26 am by SydneyRover »
oops, own goal there methinks

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2027 on July 11, 2022, 11:26:02 am by drfchound »
Not at all, that highlighted piece was relevant further up the thread.
Just selective by Glyn.
I made it clear pies what I was talking about.
Perhaps a case for VAR.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2022, 11:32:26 am by drfchound »

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2028 on July 11, 2022, 01:02:19 pm by wilts rover »
Just selective by Glyn.
Perhaps a case for VAR.

Not that it particularly bothers me, but in post 2005, (your reply to me), you specifically say you have never mentioned her private life.

However as others have pointed out, you specifically mentioned her father's political career as a motivation for posting that tweet. In fact you seem to intimate that her father's political career is a motivation for making things up.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #2029 on July 11, 2022, 01:07:59 pm by River Don »
My sister is one of those people who never follows the news. I don't understand it but there it is. Anyway.

She recently discovered Liz Truss is running for PM. She could not believe it. It turns my sister knew her. They both attended a thing called Toast Masters, which is a group that helps train people in public speaking.

Not only was Truss rubbish at it,  my sister exclaimed "she's absolutely nuts!

Which is a thing often said about Truss. My sister though was really shocked that she could be in the running.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2030 on July 11, 2022, 01:11:50 pm by SydneyRover »
that's pretty scary RD

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2031 on July 11, 2022, 01:16:26 pm by drfchound »
Just selective by Glyn.
Perhaps a case for VAR.

Not that it particularly bothers me, but in post 2005, (your reply to me), you specifically say you have never mentioned her private life.

However as others have pointed out, you specifically mentioned her father's political career as a motivation for posting that tweet. In fact you seem to intimate that her father's political career is a motivation for making things up.

I did suggest that wilts.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #2032 on July 11, 2022, 02:12:05 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
You're a crap liar, hound. Wilts mentioned the father of her aborted child, not you. And straight after he did, you denied talking about her private life!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2033 on July 11, 2022, 08:54:51 pm by drfchound »
You're a crap liar, hound. Wilts mentioned the father of her aborted child, not you. And straight after he did, you denied talking about her private life!

Let’s get this straight Wiggerly.
Yes, I know wilts mentioned the father of her unborn aborted child first.
I had no idea that that had happened so I couldn’t have mentioned it first.
My reference to her private life was about the aborted child which I considered to be literally that.
Pies has already quizzed me about it and I fully explained what I was referring to.
Read the thread again properly and you can see that.

I have had plenty of conversations on here with wilts and although we haven’t agreed on some things the chats have always been conducted in a civilised manner whereas whenever you get involved with one of my posts you come along with your high and mighty attitude and make any chance of a decent debate unlikely.

Feel free to come back and argue further about this if you like but I won’t be biting on your bait.
In all honesty I don’t give a flying f**k whether you believe me or not with regards to this.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #2034 on July 11, 2022, 09:26:03 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Let’s get this straight Wiggerly.
Yes, I know wilts mentioned the father of her unborn aborted child first.
I had no idea that that had happened so I couldn’t have mentioned it first.
My reference to her private life was about the aborted child which I considered to be literally that.
Pies has already quizzed me about it and I fully explained what I was referring to.
Read the thread again properly and you can see that.

I have had plenty of conversations on here with wilts and although we haven’t agreed on some things the chats have always been conducted in a civilised manner whereas whenever you get involved with one of my posts you come along with your high and mighty attitude and make any chance of a decent debate unlikely.

Feel free to come back and argue further about this if you like but I won’t be biting on your bait.
In all honesty I don’t give a flying f**k whether you believe me or not with regards to this.

So what was the BS about her father then, that you then denied posting?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2035 on July 12, 2022, 02:04:13 am by SydneyRover »
25465 I'm not not particularly interested in politics, i just like to talk about it forever ..........

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2036 on July 12, 2022, 03:24:56 am by SydneyRover »
Lot of similarities with Sri Lanka, opulent palace, PM past master at hiding, economy in tatters .....

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2037 on July 13, 2022, 12:45:35 am by SydneyRover »
Sir Mo Farah praised for trafficking disclosure .............. and booked on next flight to Rwanda

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #2038 on July 13, 2022, 02:21:35 am by Colemans Left Hook »
Lot of similarities with Sri Lanka, opulent palace, PM past master at hiding, economy in tatters .....

there have always been a lot of "tea leaves" in Ceylon   :) .... it's not so much "Ceylon" but "So long" to the Prime Minister he can take his sweets with him but not his kandy

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2039 on July 13, 2022, 06:58:49 pm by belton rover »
25465 I'm not not particularly interested in politics, i just like to talk about it forever ..........
If anyone wants to talk on here, there is little choice.
Hopefully that won’t last forever; someone might internally combust.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012