Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 04:12:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: PR initiatives  (Read 4372 times)

glosterred

• VSC Member
Re: PR initiatives
« Reply #30 on October 10, 2014, 06:48:37 am by glosterred »

What about free entry for service personnel?

And nurses, doctors, firemen, teachers, postmen, bus drivers...where do you draw the line?

Taxi drivers by the looks of it!

:)

As a serving member of the Amex forces, I can safely say that firemen can f*** right off. Spend half their time driving round town centres on Friday and Saturday night and the other half at their second jobs. Then when the decide they need more and go on strike who covers for them in second rate equipment? We bloody do!
I would start praying your house doesn't catch fire 🔥 I am sure they will be rushing round

Only if they are not on strike again

COYR

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on October 10, 2014, 08:21:56 am by IDM »
But isn't a mile or two underground a pretty hostile environment too? Not everyone does or did that I agree. Why not racing drivers? That was always a hostile environment. Or jockeys. Or boxers.

BobG

Agree - but no other kitson is tryng to kill you in those circumstances.  Mind you, only a relatively low % of the armed forces are in combat areas at any one time...

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on October 10, 2014, 02:54:38 pm by glosterred »
But isn't a mile or two underground a pretty hostile environment too? Not everyone does or did that I agree. Why not racing drivers? That was always a hostile environment. Or jockeys. Or boxers.

BobG

Agree - but no other kitson is tryng to kill you in those circumstances.  Mind you, only a relatively low % of the armed forces are in combat areas at any one time...

And when you're a miner no one sends you to work in an Ebola infected area

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on October 10, 2014, 05:00:29 pm by wing commander »

BobG

It's the chance you take when you join up,same as a mining accident...When I joined the navy,i did it to see the world,i hadn't accounted for the fact we would go to war within 2 years..Luckily the iraq navy wasn't the greatest and the only injury I got was from the sun tan...lol

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on October 10, 2014, 05:07:46 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

BobG

It's the chance you take when you join up,same as a mining accident...When I joined the navy,i did it to see the world,i hadn't accounted for the fact we would go to war within 2 years..Luckily the iraq navy wasn't the greatest and the only injury I got was from the sun tan...lol

Yeah my Dad did the same and saw the Falklands a few times including the war, plenty of the gulf aswell.  He's with you he's not particularly interested in anything out of it, it was a job to him he doesn't need further praise for having gone to war it was his choice.  Can't argue with that really.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on October 10, 2014, 05:42:19 pm by Dagenham Rover »
However giving the forces freebies is not new, I was in from 74 to 86 and down by Charing Cross station there was a forces club called the Nuffield Centre cheap beer and cheap food, plus all the theatres used to phone over and give x number of seats for the nights performances, you got a voucher took it to the relevant theatres box office and exchanged it for the ticket, they were nearly always the expensive seats as they were the ones they tended not to sell.

auckleyflyer

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on October 10, 2014, 08:27:59 pm by auckleyflyer »
Mind i used to take advantage of free entry into seventh heaven on showing your id!
obviously aimed at getting the raf lads in.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on October 11, 2014, 08:15:00 am by Dagenham Rover »
Mind i used to take advantage of free entry into seventh heaven on showing your id!
obviously aimed at getting the raf lads in.

:lol: 

you could do the same at Ronnie Scotts as well

TinyPortal © 2005-2012