Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 02:14:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Billy 'Ballon-d'Or'?  (Read 6997 times)

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
Re: Billy 'Ballon-d'Or'?
« Reply #30 on March 14, 2013, 12:04:41 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Dutch

Thanks to BelleVue Ghost's post earlier, I've finally got your witticism.

'Kin brilliant!

It'll be even better when he scores the winner at Elland Road on the first day of the season next year. We need to get a flag made up on that theme.

Thanks BST

Now that flag really is something I would love to see - what a great idea, and anytime at Elland Road would be brilliant 

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on March 14, 2013, 01:57:32 pm by rover-n-out »
I may be wrong in thinking this, but it seems things went wrong for Heff' when he got sent off for supposedly head butting someone, was it away the first leg of the play off semi against Sarf'end?

I can't remember seeing much of him after that, as SOD was not best pleased with him and relegated him to the bench. I could be wrong, but think that sending off soured things with SOD.

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on March 14, 2013, 02:51:15 pm by afro goal machine »
Indeed it was first leg of play offs couldn't believe it when he did but suppose it was heat of moment and words may have been exchanged, wasn't as though he was doing it week in week out

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on March 14, 2013, 04:33:30 pm by MachoMadness »
Yep, it was clear SO'D never really got over that, which is strange because Heff always seemed like a dour sort and he certainly never did anything like that before. In fact I only remember him getting booked twice, both wrongly and both when he was sent off against Rotherham away when they beat us.

You would have thought SO'D of all people would be the type of bloke to select his team for football reasons, but some sort of argument with Heff over that is the only reason I can think of why he wouldn't play Heffernan for the 1st half of the season when every Rovers fan and their dogs could see he was the only piece of the puzzle we were lacking.

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on March 14, 2013, 04:57:05 pm by The L J Monk »
Heffernan had a pretty poor season in 07/08 - he certainly didn't show anything that suggested he could be prolific/competitive at Championship level. O'Driscoll may have had this in the back of his mind as well.

The other thing, that we as fans didn't see, is what Heffs was like in training. You can be the best player in the world, but if you're not at it in training, then some managers won't give you a look in.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on March 14, 2013, 05:36:20 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
All fair points, but they ignore the facts that
a) O'Driscoll had something against Heffernan from the offset. He dropped him very early in his tenure and made that silly remark about Guy being the best finisher at the club. That all culminated with that dreadful performance at Field Mill in the Cup when we looked like Conference material.

b) Whatever Heffernan looked like in training, he had and has a career record of scoring every other start. When you are struggling for goals, you are a fool if you ignore that.

Hey ho. Water under several bridges.

Now. About that Paynter flag...
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 05:39:03 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on March 14, 2013, 06:16:50 pm by hoolahoop »
That reminds me what did we do with that 'Saunders' flag anyone or the Wembley one or for that matter the Nike 'shirt' one ?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on March 14, 2013, 06:31:15 pm by RedJ »
That reminds me what did we do with that 'Saunders' flag anyone or the Wembley one or for that matter the Nike 'shirt' one ?

They wave the big f**koff shirt down at the front of the South on the pitch, done by the kids.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on March 15, 2013, 10:28:31 am by hoolahoop »

They wave the big f***off shirt down at the front of the South on the pitch, done by the kids.

Of course they do !! We used to pass it over our heads..........shows who is late in doesn't it. ;)

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on March 15, 2013, 11:12:57 am by Mr1Croft »
The Saunders flag is still in storage at the KMS, I see it every game when I go to pick up the Big JR flag. The original plsn was to have both the JR and Rovers shirts in the closed section of the East Stand but the club wanted to use the Giant Shirt for the kids to wave on the pitch, as long as it is getting used, I dont see why not.

Going back to scapegoats for a second, how can anyone forget Mark Wilson??

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on March 15, 2013, 11:15:41 am by hoolahoop »
The Saunders flag is still in storage at the KMS, I see it every game when I go to pick up the Big JR flag. The original plsn was to have both the JR and Rovers shirts in the closed section of the East Stand but the club wanted to use the Giant Shirt for the kids to wave on the pitch, as long as it is getting used, I dont see why not.

Going back to scapegoats for a second, how can anyone forget Mark Wilson??

Please don't open up that can of worms again Crofty :(

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on March 15, 2013, 11:20:53 am by Mr1Croft »
Christ you should try sitting at the back of the south stand near the 2 loonies that stand up there and no crofty it's not you lol,they just spout crap all the game,at times it's just funny but gets on your nerves with the running commentary all the time

I like how you say it as if everyone is going to presume its 'my lot'. I do know one of the lads your on about and they arent that bad really, the question we should be asking is why the South Stand gets so quiet to hear people shouting at.

What is getting on my nerves, although funny at times is when were away spending more time singing about the opposition keeper and his missus than we do about the Rovers...

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on March 15, 2013, 11:28:26 am by The L J Monk »
What's this about Mark Wilson...

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on March 15, 2013, 12:19:56 pm by bedale rover »
Indeed it was first leg of play offs couldn't believe it when he did but suppose it was heat of moment and words may have been exchanged, wasn't as though he was doing it week in week out

personally i thought that sending off was the best thing that could have happened we battered southend and then beat l**** in the final and i wasnt convinced that we would have done that with heffs

but thats only my opinion

TinyPortal © 2005-2012