Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 04:04:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Dean Furman  (Read 14999 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: Dean Furman
« Reply #30 on March 14, 2013, 09:50:09 am by silent majority »
He's signing this morning!

Edit, already signed on loan until the end of the season.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 09:55:19 am by silent majority »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on March 14, 2013, 11:11:04 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Great news.

Can we all rest easy on the assumption that a certain pointer man will not  be required to interfere with our promotion run-in??

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on March 14, 2013, 11:15:26 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Great news.

Can we all rest easy on the assumption that a certain pointer man will not  be required to interfere with our promotion run-in??

Great news.

A wheelie bin better than Harper!

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on March 14, 2013, 11:26:50 am by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
Fantastic news!!

Very happy with this.  Could be the final piece of the jigsaw to get us to the championship  :scarf:

Wade Falana

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on March 14, 2013, 12:15:45 pm by Wade Falana »
Oldham fans not that happy, thread titled "Judas Furman"

Cheers Furman ~ we accomodate you to go off with SA ~ cos that's what you wanted and now at this crucial time you jump ship ~ cos that's what you wanted. In the words of that awful song "It's all about you ".

PS : Lovely picture on Donny's site of a delighted escapee.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on March 14, 2013, 12:16:40 pm by jonnydog »
Agree. I think this could really restructure the Midfield and make it a hell of a lot more effective/threatening.

Is he eligible to start on Saturday or is he off on international duty, like that Howieson kid is?

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on March 14, 2013, 12:28:38 pm by roversam »

Cheers Furman ~ we accomodate you to go off with SA ~ cos that's what you wanted and now at this crucial time you jump ship ~ cos that's what you wanted. In the words of that awful song "It's all about you ".

Im not suprised at the Latics fans reaction about us signing Furman, they were just the same when we signed Wellens from them a few years ago. Ive just been on their forum and the latest poster has said " lets hope the sheepshaggers promotion push goes tits up"  :woohoo:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on March 14, 2013, 12:33:02 pm by RedJ »

Im not suprised at the Latics fans reaction about us signing Furman, they were just the same when we signed Wellens from them a few years ago. Ive just been on their forum and the latest poster has said " lets hope the sheepshaggers promotion push goes tits up"  :woohoo:

Why do they call US of all people sheepshaggers? I'm missing the connection totally here.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on March 14, 2013, 12:37:43 pm by RobTheRover »
Maybe they think Doncaster is in Wales

;)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on March 14, 2013, 12:41:50 pm by hoolahoop »
Maybe they think Doncaster is in Wales

;)

Not a right bright lot in Oldham are they ? There's probably 10X more sheep in their area to engage in their particular activity of choice.  :lol:

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on March 14, 2013, 12:42:39 pm by MachoMadness »
I think they call all Yorkshire folk sheep shaggers because of the Dales, which have a lot of grass and probably some sheep on them somewhere. It's a stretch but you can't expect Lancs to be that original can you?

Anyway, great signing for us. The Oldham fans clearly rate him as now he's gone all the Judas threads are popping up on their forum. Seriously, isn't a Judas someone who leaves for your arch rivals? Can't believe they're so sore about it, they obviously thought he was one of their better players.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on March 14, 2013, 12:42:49 pm by DonnyNoel »

Why do they call US of all people sheepshaggers? I'm missing the connection totally here.

At uni I lived with a lad from Rochdale and once met a few of his mates. Once I'd explained that Doncaster was in Yorkshire they all started making baa-ing noises and sheepshagger comments. Its partly due to Yorkshire being more agricultural in some places compared to Manchester's more concrete appearance and the fact when you come over from Lancashire into West Yorkshire on the M62 the first life you tend to see is usually field after field of sheep.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on March 14, 2013, 12:44:23 pm by RedJ »
Bloody Lancs. Get thissens looked at.

Christ they'd have a field day if they knew the way to Derbyshire...

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on March 14, 2013, 12:47:36 pm by hoolahoop »

At uni I lived with a lad from Rochdale and once met a few of his mates. Once I'd explained that Doncaster was in Yorkshire they all started making baa-ing noises and sheepshagger comments. Its partly due to Yorkshire being more agricultural in some places compared to Manchester's more concrete appearance and the fact when you come over from Lancashire into West Yorkshire on the M62 the first life you tend to see is usually field after field of sheep.

I take it those  sheep with sore arses in the Saddleworth area have no connection to them then.  :lol:

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on March 14, 2013, 01:46:50 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
On Player he says its a career opportunity... can't knock that  :coat:

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on March 14, 2013, 02:06:17 pm by DMnumber4 »
I always look at two things:

1) how disappointed are the fans he's leaving? I'd say fairly, but maybe it's the timing more than anything.

2) how often does he play? is he a 40 game a season player? Nearly. 134 starts in 3 and a half seasons with Oldham is not a bad return for a player who's 24 years of age.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on March 14, 2013, 02:26:46 pm by RoversAlias »
He looks like a real prospect. At 24 years of age he is yet to reach his prime and I think he is exactly the kind of player we need for next season and indeed for this promotion run-in. Plus an opportunity to stick it to the cretins at Boundary Park can never be passed up.

I forgive Mr. Furman for causing our game to be postponed back in September!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on March 14, 2013, 03:02:13 pm by The Red Baron »
Agree. I think this could really restructure the Midfield and make it a hell of a lot more effective/threatening.

Is he eligible to start on Saturday or is he off on international duty, like that Howieson kid is?

He's available for Saturday but will miss the Scunny game due to international duty.

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on March 14, 2013, 03:07:07 pm by afro goal machine »
Who was the last full Doncaster international ?
Would I be right in thinking Mark mccammon?

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on March 14, 2013, 03:10:42 pm by jonnydog »
Wasn't it Brian Stock?

pubteam

« Reply #50 on March 14, 2013, 03:13:17 pm by pubteam »

Iain Hume. Unless you weren't including current players.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on March 14, 2013, 03:17:29 pm by jonnydog »
Humes a loan player so does that count?

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on March 14, 2013, 03:43:21 pm by afro goal machine »
Aye what ball end. Mark mccammon lol !

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on March 14, 2013, 03:48:41 pm by The Red Baron »
Two further points about Furman:

1. We're paying his wages in full.

2. He's two bookings away from a two-game ban. We have a worrying number of players in that situation.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on March 14, 2013, 03:59:26 pm by not on facebook »
This Lancashire and yorkshire thing.

Recall When comming back from bury back in old div4 ,When about close on 60 in not more man city lads were in wait for sheff utd fans to Bash up at Victoria train station.

We came out as in about 12 Of us to cross Manchester from Victoria to piccadilly.

This is where the man city lads knocked the fcuk out Of us.some thick manc t**t was knocking hell out Of us
And asking  "where are you from"
"doncaster" i told answered with avkobling full Of blood

"what with a yorkshire accent like that"

I was gobb smacked in more ways Than one as he gave us a couple more diggs for good measure.

Fat lips all round that day

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on March 14, 2013, 04:21:56 pm by MachoMadness »

I believe it was Martis, playing for Netherlands Antilles who have since been dissolved.

Either that or Stock, who's one cap came quite a while ago now.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on March 14, 2013, 04:30:59 pm by The Red Baron »
Stock's third (and final) cap came on 11th August 2010 (Wales v Luxembourg). The next player to win caps while with Rovers was Iain Hume who was capped for Canada against Cuba and Honduras last October.

I don't believe Shelton Martis won any caps while with Rovers, though he did play full internationals for the Netherlands Antilles.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on March 14, 2013, 04:36:07 pm by MachoMadness »
Didn't know Stock had more than one cap. Was it just one start that he made for Wales, or am I completely wrong and have the number one stuck in my head for no reason?

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on March 14, 2013, 05:12:41 pm by scuzzer »

I believe it was Martis, playing for Netherlands Antilles who have since been dissolved.

Either that or Stock, who's one cap came quite a while ago now.

There's no wonder the Antilopes have been dissolved if Martis was typical of their standard!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012