Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 12:38:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Club statement - Coventry game  (Read 7206 times)

BobG

• VSC Member
Re: Club statement - Coventry game
« Reply #30 on March 13, 2013, 10:06:43 pm by BobG »
Yes Vic! I've clearly got my Brentford's mixed up with my Coventry's. Silly arse. Still, makes it even more unlikely that anyone would need a hotel don't it?

BobG

PS Unfortunately, I'm drinking nowt. Concentrating (well, sort of) on making sure I'm all clued up for my day in Court next Tuesday.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on March 13, 2013, 10:11:37 pm by Viking Don »
Strange indeed, why would Swindon moving their game effect us? I thought we were supposed to be focused on us and our game, are the players really that daft? Course not, so why the lame excuse? There's another reason and I don't care what it is as I'd made arrangements to go to the game but can't now. Never mind, but I feel a bit sorry for anyone who had a hotel booked.

EDIT Oh I see, one day difference ah....Got the wrong end of the stick I see why now, and yes agree so ignore that rubbish I just posted.

You shouldn't have made the edit and see who agreed before saying it was 'rubbish'...

Haha I probably should have just removed it altogether, but once posted someone's seen it so I'd rather come clean and admit my mistake than either remove it or worse, have people agree with my stupid opinion ha!

TBH it gets me out of a weekend in Cov I'd rather avoid anyway.

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on March 13, 2013, 10:14:59 pm by DonnyRTID »
Right decision for me. We can't afford to be giving promotion rivals an advantage at this stage of the season, at any cost.

Capmeister

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on March 13, 2013, 10:32:53 pm by Capmeister »
Date changes.....new Pope elected......Divine intervention? Not that I'm suggesting any sort of conspiracy theory mind ;o)

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on March 13, 2013, 10:54:35 pm by donnievic »
Yes Vic! I've clearly got my Brentford's mixed up with my Coventry's. Silly arse. Still, makes it even more unlikely that anyone would need a hotel don't it?

BobG

PS Unfortunately, I'm drinking nowt. Concentrating (well, sort of) on making sure I'm all clued up for my day in Court next Tuesday.
thank god for that thought one of us was going doo lally

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on March 13, 2013, 10:57:09 pm by BobG »
One of us was Vic. Me!

Lol

BobG

weststander

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on March 14, 2013, 08:00:50 am by weststander »
Strange indeed, why would Swindon moving their game effect us? I thought we were supposed to be focused on us and our game, are the players really that daft? Course not, so why the lame excuse? There's another reason and I don't care what it is as I'd made arrangements to go to the game but can't now. Never mind, but I feel a bit sorry for anyone who had a hotel booked.

EDIT Oh I see, one day difference ah....Got the wrong end of the stick I see why now, and yes agree so ignore that rubbish I just posted.

You shouldn't have made the edit and see who agreed before saying it was 'rubbish'...

Haha I probably should have just removed it altogether, but once posted someone's seen it so I'd rather come clean and admit my mistake than either remove it or worse, have people agree with my stupid opinion ha!

TBH it gets me out of a weekend in Cov I'd rather avoid anyway.

I lived in the place for 11 years, should have been honoured by the Queen for missionary work  :coat:

Seriously though it seems some Coventry fans will also be disadvantaged

http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/no_refunds_from_city_787452/index.shtml

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on March 14, 2013, 08:33:23 am by nice one rovers »
I'm guessing that for as many people who are annoyed it's not on Saturday, there will be just as many ,like me, who are happy they can now go on the Friday.
I was banned by the wife from going on the Saturday, due to a boring anniversary doo, but I can go now, dead chuffed they changed it.
Can I moan to the club, because that's two days I'll have to buy a round instead of one?

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on March 14, 2013, 09:11:26 am by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
Right decision as far as the team are concerned - well done Rovers, credit where its due there.

On the fan side of things, obviously its not ideal.  As someone said earlier, has anyone actually gone to the ticket office/club, produced their train ticket for the Saturday and asked if there is anything that the club can do?  If you dont ask, you dont get.

Let us know

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on March 14, 2013, 09:50:36 am by The Red Baron »
I think it is the right decision- I just think it is a pity it wasn't arrived at earlier.

When the Swindon game was moved to 12.15, you'd think someone on the "football side" might have thought- "hang on, we're now playing two games in less than 48 hours." Instead we've waited till Swindon reached that same conclusion then reacted to what they did.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on March 14, 2013, 09:51:56 am by silent majority »
Yes we did RB, but we traditionally don't play on Good Friday, so the emphasis was on leaving it where it was until we had to react.

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on March 14, 2013, 10:48:24 am by Snods Shinpad 2 »
For those who have bought advance train tickets, you can get a refund minus a £10 'admin' fee.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on March 14, 2013, 11:27:36 am by The Red Baron »
I suppose we can empathise with Southampton fans. Their game with Chelsea has been unilaterally moved forward 24 hours (to Easter Saturday) so that the FA Cup Quarter Final replay can take place on Easter Monday. Southampton FC (who had no say in the matter) are not happy as they've lost their TV fee for the game.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on March 14, 2013, 11:28:54 am by The Red Baron »
Yes we did RB, but we traditionally don't play on Good Friday, so the emphasis was on leaving it where it was until we had to react.

We played Palace at home on Good Friday 2 years ago. The game that was "free."

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on March 14, 2013, 11:32:10 am by DMnumber4 »
I don't usually wholeheartedly agree with Rovers, but they have my full support on this one; perhaps because I mentioned it in the 'fixture backlog' thread of mine.  :whistle:

You have to do whatever you can to gain the advantage and if that means putting a few fans out to give the lads 24 hours extra rest then so be it.

They're the ones who, come next season, if a potential loss to Swindon proves costly, that will say they would have happily gone on Good Friday - it's all about hindsight.

All games are subject to change anyway and it has benefitted some and hindered others as mentioned.

As for hotels, I know some people may be travelling from a bit further afield than Donny, but come on, its Coventry, not Plymouth!

:scarf:

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on March 14, 2013, 11:36:22 am by silent majority »

Yes I know, but I did say traditionally, and I also remember the outcry when this one was set up as well.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on March 14, 2013, 02:21:28 pm by RoversAlias »
Why is it 'tradition' that we don't play on Good Friday? I've not heard of this before.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on March 14, 2013, 03:42:28 pm by silent majority »
Why is it 'tradition' that we don't play on Good Friday? I've not heard of this before.

OK, wrong word, substitute 'traditionally' with 'historically'.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on March 14, 2013, 03:47:11 pm by The Red Baron »

I think it has been (and may still be) a working day for many in Doncaster. When I started work in the Midlands it was customary not to take Good Friday off but to have a day off "in lieu" on the following Tuesday. That may well have owed a lot to the then dominant motor industry and its production schedules.

On the other hand Good Friday tends to be a "traditional" holiday day in London (due to the City and financial services) and in parts such as Lancashire where there is a strong Roman Catholic tradition.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on March 16, 2013, 10:14:40 am by The Red Baron »
Coventry fans very upset about the rescheduling of the game:

http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/city_london_supporters_club_issue_doncaster_game_switch_statement_787862/index.shtml

Although I understand the logic behind the decision to switch the game (especially from our point of view) I can sympathise with them. 

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on March 16, 2013, 10:36:47 am by benaldo »

OK, wrong word, substitute 'traditionally' with 'historically'.

Hahahaha

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on March 16, 2013, 11:27:57 am by Standanista »
When Swindon decided to move their fixture the club's hand was forced.  Right decision in my book.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on March 16, 2013, 11:32:34 am by Chris Black come back »

It was certainly "free" of goalscoring action and pretty much any action at all.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012