Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 12:17:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: I much prefer it this season..  (Read 2273 times)

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
I much prefer it this season..
« on September 30, 2012, 11:14:18 am by Donnyjim »
I have to say that I am enjoying this season 100% more than the last two. It gets to Saturday and I am excited in the knowledge, that we might actually win! I know the football isn't breathtaking but in the previous two years it got to Saturday and I began to actually dread it, especially, when we played away. Wednesday are now going through this?

This may be our level. I don't really care if it is, because I enjoying my Saturday evenings with another 3 points in the bag. It's great to be a Rovers fan, at whatever level we play at! :rtid:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SkellowNorthBranchKarl

• Forum Member
Re: I much prefer it this season..
« Reply #1 on September 30, 2012, 11:24:37 am by SkellowNorthBranchKarl »
hear hear,well said donnyjim  :rtid:

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 30, 2012, 01:21:26 pm by adamtherover »
#whathesaid!   I'm loving this yr! Rtid

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 30, 2012, 01:42:30 pm by Red wizard »
Loving the new team and style. Hard to beat,tough,hardworking, to name a few very important parts to the game you need to do well. Then there is Rob Jones.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 30, 2012, 02:15:23 pm by mushRTID »
Got to admit, as much as the nice football was great when it worked, I always enjoyed the Penney days more, hard work, committment, passion.

This team looks to be going in that direction and im happy with that.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 01, 2012, 08:43:44 am by Wellred »
Got to admit, as much as the nice football was great when it worked, I always enjoyed the Penney days more, hard work, committment, passion.

This team looks to be going in that direction and im happy with that.

That is exactly how I see it too.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 01, 2012, 09:24:00 am by Colin C No.3 »
Have to temper things.

I wouldn't have missed the halcyon Championship days under SOD for anything.

I wouldn't have missed them......& I miss them.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 01, 2012, 09:48:30 am by DonnyNoel »
It's an analogy thats been in my head for a while but I saw our time in the Championship akin to a time when you go out with a girl way out of your league. It took years of hard work to get it started, when it did start it seemed a bad idea all along, then with hard work and a bit of confidence it started to click and you felt like you belonged and could go onto achieve great things. Then every mistake started to be punished, things you used to be able to rely on didn't work anymore, the bad times started to outweigh the good and you knew you were living on borrowed time and eventually the end was almost a relief.

Those last few months the Championship was looking at us like we'd put a bit of weight on and embarassed her in front of her friends one time too many.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 01, 2012, 10:24:35 am by StocksArmy »
I was in an argument with my mates the other day who are Blades fans because they said we are the worst team they have seen at their place in years. I 100% agree that we did look like a very poor side at their place, but they struggled to take on board that it was them who were the home team with thousands off fans behind them and they still couldn't beat us! To which they didn't reply so I take it that they agreed with me. In THIS league we have a very good platform. Give nothing away and have 5 or 6 players that will hurt teams. I would love to see us go all out in a home game and see Paynter, Brown and Hume as our strikeforce! Happy Rover at the moment and can't wait for tomorrow night.  :scarf:
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 10:28:11 am by StocksArmy »

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 01, 2012, 10:45:19 am by jonnydog »
It's an analogy thats been in my head for a while but I saw our time in the Championship akin to a time when you go out with a girl way out of your league. It took years of hard work to get it started, when it did start it seemed a bad idea all along, then with hard work and a bit of confidence it started to click and you felt like you belonged and could go onto achieve great things. Then every mistake started to be punished, things you used to be able to rely on didn't work anymore, the bad times started to outweigh the good and you knew you were living on borrowed time and eventually the end was almost a relief.

Those last few months the Championship was looking at us like we'd put a bit of weight on and embarassed her in front of her friends one time too many.

Got to say, that is the best way of looking at it.

I agree, I can't wait for games now, whereas last year I was walking up to the Keepmoat fearing annihilation every week.

Loving League 1, Loving Saunders, Loving OUR team and loving the fact we can play crap and still get points, not to mention the fact our players appear to have fight, determination and grinding mentality.

RTID

neil grainger

« Reply #10 on October 01, 2012, 01:13:11 pm by neil grainger »

Excellent stuff DonnyNoel

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 01, 2012, 01:17:08 pm by vaya »

Excellent stuff DonnyNoel

Agreed - I'd also like to pay homage to the analogy and add that she was really, really high maintenence.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 01, 2012, 01:25:02 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
To continue the analogy, (not that I can really empathise with this concept of pulling a lass above my level like - I haven't met that many and none of them that I'd have passed the time of day with...):

Last season we tried to salvage the relationship with some seriously over-rated bling, but it still went tits up.

We could well have crashed and burned in an orgy of alcohol-fueled self-recrimination, and solitary self-abuse. Instead, we pulled ourselves together, bought a cheap suit and a new bottle of Hai Karate and went out on the tap. We pulled an old slapper who has seen better days. But she's no trouble, she makes the bacon and eggs of a morning and she bangs like a shit house door in ' wind.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 01, 2012, 02:06:59 pm by DonnyNoel »
To continue the analogy, (not that I can really empathise with this concept of pulling a lass above my level like - I haven't met that many and none of them that I'd have passed the time of day with...):

Last season we tried to salvage the relationship with some seriously over-rated bling, but it still went tits up.

We could well have crashed and burned in an orgy of alcohol-fueled self-recrimination, and solitary self-abuse. Instead, we pulled ourselves together, bought a cheap suit and a new bottle of Hai Karate and went out on the tap. We pulled an old slapper who has seen better days. But she's no trouble, she makes the bacon and eggs of a morning and she bangs like a shit house door in ' wind.

Haha, I deliberately stopped short of comparing the current situation to a girl as I knew either yourself, Rob or Cussie would come along and do it better than I could!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012