Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:06:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Penalty  (Read 4242 times)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Re: Penalty
« Reply #60 on April 29, 2024, 10:23:25 pm by roversdude »
Thought it was bad on the day from the covered stand, that is even worse and as already commented it looks like the ref had a clear view. Shocking

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on April 30, 2024, 12:13:20 am by dknward2 »
Hopefully as these things even out we may get something during the playoffs

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on April 30, 2024, 02:19:56 am by PDX_Rover »
https://twitter.com/owen_collins7/status/1785012622200561954/video/1
Another view

And the ref had an unobstructed perfect view of that.
Disgraceful that he didn’t give the pen.
Anywhere else on the pitch he would give a free kick for a foul. (IMO of course).

That’s the real kicker. He gives that anywhere else on the pitch I reckon. If it’s a foul it’s a foul.

I reckon he was simply inept. The red card sent him power crazy…

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on April 30, 2024, 09:16:29 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
The ref didn't have the same angle as that camera so would have been more difficult to judge. We would hope the assistant would have had a better angle but he may have been obscured. All too easy when we see it multiple times and if the ref saw it again he maybe wouldn't think Maxwell went down too easily.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on April 30, 2024, 09:31:16 am by IDM »
I get that the officials in this league at least get one look, real time.  I was a ref years ago too and you can only make decisions on what you see, what is clear.

One of the worst I saw was at the KM a few years ago when Billy Sharp got a two-handed push right in front of the west stand lino - no penalty given.  Anyone else remember that one?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on April 30, 2024, 09:52:58 am by drfchound »
The ref didn't have the same angle as that camera so would have been more difficult to judge. We would hope the assistant would have had a better angle but he may have been obscured. All too easy when we see it multiple times and if the ref saw it again he maybe wouldn't think Maxwell went down too easily.

The linesman would have been on the other side of the pitch Baz.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on April 30, 2024, 10:08:29 am by Filo »

I saw it from Stainforth, live on ifollow, the ref was many miles nearer than me and had a better angle than the ifollow camera

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on April 30, 2024, 10:12:25 am by drfchound »

I saw it from Stainforth, live on ifollow, the ref was many miles nearer than me and had a better angle than the ifollow camera

You can see the ref very clearly in this latest video.
About 15/20 yards away and an unobstructed view, admittedly not the same angle as the film was shot but surely enough of a view to see it wasn’t a dive.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on April 30, 2024, 10:33:24 am by donnievic »
not sure how the linesman could of seen it from other side of the pitch

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on April 30, 2024, 02:46:15 pm by Chris Black come back »
Given where play was coming from and that the play was from a static point with a throw in, if this clown didn’t have himself in a position where he could see the action, then he wants dismissing for that alone. Maxwell literally ran the most direct point from the throw in to the goal, before he got fouled. On every level, horrific officiating.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012