Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 05:44:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: A couple of playoff stats  (Read 641 times)

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
A couple of playoff stats
« on April 29, 2024, 02:10:47 pm by Dutch Uncle »
This is our fourth playoff campaign after our successful ones ending in Stoke and Wembley victories, and the heartbreaking penalty shootout loss at Charlton.

Only one player played in the first two – Paul Green and he scored at Stoke. He has 6 playoff appearances, the club record.

Only one player played in the second and third, James Coppinger, and I vaguely recall him scoring at some stage in that second campaign. His three goals are a club record total for playoffs.

We have four players still on the books who were in the match day 18 for at least one of the Charlton games. Tommy Rowe, who scored of course, is the only one who made it onto the field of play – Tom Anderson, Ian Lawlor and Louis Jones were all unused substitutes.   

Don’t know if they are all good or bad omens, but on another tack, Joe Ironside has the possibility of becoming the first player in Rovers history to score in 5 competitions in one season – Football League, FA Cup, League Cup, Associate members cup, and Playoffs

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

philsky

• Forum Member
Re: A couple of playoff stats
« Reply #1 on April 29, 2024, 02:40:45 pm by philsky »

I bloody love stats; especially the one about Ironside. Keep them coming.

I'm sure I read that we've now scored in 19 consecutive matches and the record for anyone this season is 20.

donnievic

• Forum Member
Re: A couple of playoff stats
« Reply #2 on April 29, 2024, 05:22:27 pm by donnievic »
We have been promoted both times when the 1st leg tie has been originally set to be away

TinyPortal © 2005-2012