Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 10:42:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mills' yellow card  (Read 2028 times)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
Mills' yellow card
« on March 03, 2011, 09:16:33 pm by bobjimwilly »
Just seen the goals from Tuesday (:scarf:), and saw Mills' celebration. How on earth does that deserved a yellow card? I thought players got a yellow for taking the shirt off? What are the exact rules governing celebrating nowadays? I remember JJ Price doing that same celebration a few times, pretending to take off his shirt, and he never got booked for it? :thumbdown:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

vaya

• Forum Member
Re: Mills' yellow card
« Reply #1 on March 03, 2011, 09:23:09 pm by vaya »
Pricey did once get booked for scoring, running over ot the corner flag, pulling it out of the ground and pretending to do a series of bench-presses with it though.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 03, 2011, 09:26:30 pm by graingrover »
I agree and think Rovers should appeal against it using the video evidence . It's time supporters has 'summut' to say about improving OUR game and the two stupid rules that we saw last game in the Mills' celebration and then the refusal to allow  Wayne Thomas back onto the field of play( after he had been fouled and hurt ) both need to be rescinded through popular pressure on the MASTERS ruling OUR game!

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 03, 2011, 10:04:20 pm by bobjimwilly »
Quote from: \"vaya\" post=144851
Pricey did once get booked for scoring, running over ot the corner flag, pulling it out of the ground and pretending to do a series of bench-presses with it though.

Sharp did that last season at the keepmoat and never got booked? :huh:

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 03, 2011, 10:21:12 pm by keyser_soze »
Price did get booked for pulling his shirt up (not off) when he scuffed in the winner against someone or other, think it was the game that sent us to Cardiff? My memory says Southend but that ain't right.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 03, 2011, 10:34:10 pm by bobjimwilly »
Quote from: \"keyser_soze\" post=144881
Price did get booked for pulling his shirt up (not off) when he scuffed in the winner against someone or other, think it was the game that sent us to Cardiff? My memory says Southend but that ain't right.

You may be right! See Wikipedia
Price got the winner against Crew on 89 mins to make us win 6-5 on agg. Apparently good our friend Mr Kettle was reffing - and we actually won! :woohoo:

Edit: I think I remember the match now - was heffernan made to take his penalty again? (which he scored again)

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 04, 2011, 08:09:07 am by keyser_soze »
Yep, thats the one, definitely Crewe. Price 'won' the penalty that Heff took twice, then scored the winner in his own unique style. Didn't he swipe with his left, miss, then it hit his standing foot and went in? What a cracking pair of semi's and a final they were, we threw away 2 goal leads twice and came back from one too.

It was eerie how the day at Cardiff mirrored the match at Stoke, except with no golden goal?

Either way, there's no wonder players get frustrated, I (and they) always believed the letter of the law was if the shirt came off. Billy ducked his head in then stopped and wagged his finger at Scunthorpe this year after getting booked last year for taking it off.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 04, 2011, 12:39:39 pm by RobTheRover »
Sadly, you cant appeal a yellow card.  The numpties at the FL would be inundated every monday morning based on how liberally some refs dole them out, and they know this!

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 04, 2011, 12:56:51 pm by VivaRovers »
From the Laws of the Game...

A player must be cautioned if:
• in the opinion of the referee, he makes gestures which are provocative, derisory or inflammatory
• he climbs on to a perimeter fence to celebrate a goal being scored
• he removes his shirt or covers his head with his shirt
• he covers his head or face with a mask or other similar item

Referees would get much less hassle/abuse if players bothered to read the laws of the game.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 04, 2011, 01:13:46 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"VivaRovers\" post=144951

• in the opinion of the referee, he makes gestures which are provocative, derisory or inflammatory
• he removes his shirt or covers his head with his shirt
he covers his head or face with a mask or other similar item

Referees would get much less hassle/abuse if players bothered to read the laws of the game.

Would the Chelsea Keeper be cautioned if he scored then? :laugh:

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 04, 2011, 02:31:47 pm by bobjimwilly »
Quote from: \"VivaRovers\" post=144951

he removes his shirt or covers his head with his shirt
• he covers his head or face with a mask or other similar item

Very true Glen. I honestly did not know covering head but no removing the shirt was a bookeable offence?
You learn somet new every day... :P

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 04, 2011, 02:46:02 pm by graingrover »
i think it should be spelt summut :scarf:

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 04, 2011, 06:46:22 pm by bobjimwilly »
I'm sure I heard on Player and read somewhere after the match he did?

Well, if he didn't he bloody well should have - it's in the rules dammit! :silly:

Bristol Red Rover Jnr.

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 04, 2011, 10:11:31 pm by Bristol Red Rover Jnr. »
just watched full match, does get booked. bloody Ridiculous that you cant celebrate anymore!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012