Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 03:54:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rooney  (Read 1616 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Rooney
« on October 15, 2013, 09:53:15 pm by Filo »
Probably his best performance in an England shirt tonight, worked his knackers off

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: Rooney
« Reply #1 on October 15, 2013, 09:56:26 pm by IDM »
Can't argue with that..

reminded me a bit of Chris Brown...

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: (No subject)
« Reply #2 on October 15, 2013, 10:14:30 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
A couple of times he overplayed it but overall top notch performance. Townsend's made a massive difference since he came in. Sturridge, Welbeck did very well and have goals in them. Lampard no more than a passenger tho.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 15, 2013, 10:22:02 pm by The Red Baron »
I thought we lost the midfield when Lampard came on. The withdrawal of Carrick was a mystery as he didn't look to be injured. We didn't really get it back till Wilshere and Milner came on- a case of making three subs to solve one problem!

Overall a deserved win and something to look forward to next summer. England won't win it- but it is good to be going to the party.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 15, 2013, 10:22:44 pm by Drover »
Alot of the players are now performing how you would hope/expect them to when playing crucial games for England,since Hodgson took over,wonder why they have not always under previous recent managers?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 01:26:44 pm by Drover »

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: (No subject)
« Reply #5 on October 15, 2013, 10:32:40 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Totally agree TRB. Wilshire was the right call and keep Carrick on. With Oxlade Chambo to come back and a couple of others Lampard should be put out to grass

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 16, 2013, 08:57:15 am by GazLaz »
Rooney, Wilshere and Gerrard are our best players.

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 16, 2013, 09:35:39 am by MiKA »
I'm a fan of Rooney but thought he gave the ball away far too much last night, some really bad passes but still a quality player in front of goal

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 16, 2013, 12:44:37 pm by PaulRover08 »
He's quality all over the pitch. Bit harsh saying he gave the ball away far too much. Thought Gerrard was guilty of that more than most.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 16, 2013, 12:45:06 pm by RobTheRover »
Someone on talksport made a very good point this morning.  As England have zero chance of winning the WC, is it not now time to ship the "old guard" out and give the kids the experience?  Expectation will be lowered from the fans, and having that experience will stand us in far better stead to actually have a tilt at the European Championship in 3 years time.  Sounds like a good strategy to me, and you never know, we might just surprise a few on the way.

One other thing.  When Rooney scored his headband came off, and there was no sign of that gash underneath.  He must have had a transplant of Billy Sharp's Patented Miraculous Healing Skin(tm)

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 16, 2013, 01:23:13 pm by Jenny »
Zero chance?! I think people should be a little more optimistic. I do think we should take a young squad though, the likes of Lampard have had their day at the WC/EC (when they have got us there...) it is time to let the promising youth come through.

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 16, 2013, 01:38:21 pm by Donnyrovers »
I wouldn't ship the old guard out when it comes to the World Cup because the ones there offer vital experience, I wouldn't take Lampard because I don't think he's got the legs anymore for that level. But when you look at the squad from these two qualifiers and with Walcott and Ox to come back in that's pretty much the strongest England squad anyway and then if a couple of the U21 lads can force their way in through the season like Morrison it will be quite a young squad anyway with not many of the old guard there but the ones which are there are still good enough and offer experience.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 01:50:43 pm by Donnyrovers »

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 16, 2013, 07:22:16 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Totally agree about moving forward and leaving....well, Lampard and Milner out. Keep Cole and Carrick.

Gerrard seems to have found his mojo after a few dodgy performances and we need some one to help gel the young ones together. When you think we've got Wilshire, Oxlaide-Chamberlain to come back in, prospects like Morrison, Tom Carroll from Spurs, Nick Powell from Man U, the futures bright. Very bright.

moses

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on October 16, 2013, 07:36:12 pm by moses »
If Milner is one of the old guard then I am ancient. :)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 16, 2013, 07:49:23 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Yeh, but he plays like an old man !!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012