Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 02:23:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Where in the Prem ?  (Read 2101 times)

RedRover45

• Forum Member
Where in the Prem ?
« on December 18, 2013, 08:39:06 am by RedRover45 »
Just been touched on in another thread, but if by some miracle Rovers did manage to get promotion to the Prem, how many and which away games would you go to ? Would you spend a fortune to go to every one just on a one chance only basis or just the obvious big two or three ?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

uptonson

• Forum Member
Re: Where in the Prem ?
« Reply #1 on December 18, 2013, 09:52:38 am by uptonson »
Just been touched on in another thread, but if by some miracle Rovers did manage to get promotion to the Prem, how many and which away games would you go to ? Would you spend a fortune to go to every one just on a one chance only basis or just the obvious big two or three ?

When you go to nearly every away match in L1 and the same in championship why would you not go to all the away games in PL.  Can't see what your question is.  It don't matter what league it is, it is still the ROVERS, get real. :rtid:

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on December 18, 2013, 10:00:02 am by hoolahoop »

When you go to nearly every away match in L1 and the same in championship why would you not go to all the away games in PL.  Can't see what your question is.  It don't matter what league it is, it is still the ROVERS, get real. :rtid:

Agreed and most of the grounds would be cheaper to visit.
Anyway we are dreaming again, we have to sort out this relegation dogfight out first......

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 18, 2013, 10:04:30 am by rover-n-out »
Uptonson, have you any idea what the cost of going to every away game in the Prem would be. That alone would prevent a lot of supporters from going.
Yes, we'd all like to visit Old Trafford, The Emirites, Stamford Bridge et al, but the cost of tickets, travel, a programme, a pint or two, and a pie, would be completely prohibitive to a lot of fans.
Do a bit of research and calculation, then come back on here and comment on actual fact before telling people to GET REAL.

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on December 18, 2013, 10:13:36 am by DaveDRFC »
My guess is it would in fact to cheaper to visit some of the lower Premier League teams than we currently pay at Championship grounds. My mate is a season ticket holder at Stoke and he says they always have offers on against the smaller teams, hence why they sold out vs Crystal Palace (£20 a ticket) but had loads of empty seats against Man City (£50). I think the majority of clubs would see us in this light and we'd end up paying £25 max at a lot of clubs.

Also there are 4 fewer away games to go to as there are only 20 teams in the Premier League so that will also bring down the average cost.

It's all in theory anyway as it's not likely to happen any time soon!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 18, 2013, 10:36:30 am by Bentley Bullet »
Ah but don't forget us existing season ticket holders would save a bundle with the free season ticket promise should we reach the Premiership!

Oh bugger, the bloke who promised it has gone now!   :crying:

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 18, 2013, 11:17:01 am by RedRover45 »

Uptonson, have you any idea what the cost of going to every away game in the Prem would be. That alone would prevent a lot of supporters from going.
Yes, we'd all like to visit Old Trafford, The Emirites, Stamford Bridge et al, but the cost of tickets, travel, a programme, a pint or two, and a pie, would be completely prohibitive to a lot of fans.
Do a bit of research and calculation, then come back on here and comment on actual fact before telling people to GET REAL.

[/quote]

Thanks for that rover-n-out, that saves me answering uptonson. The cost implication was what I was getting at, possibly not made it clear in my OP.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 11:25:32 am by RedRover45 »

ponte_ricky

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 18, 2013, 12:34:06 pm by ponte_ricky »
don't think I would attend any away games. I am completely unsupportive of the premier league and all it stands for.

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on December 18, 2013, 12:43:42 pm by Jimmydee »
I would attend every premier club ground that I haven't been to yet, just to tick them off my list of grounds to visit.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 18, 2013, 12:44:48 pm by CusworthRovers »
I would attend every premier club ground that I haven't been to yet, just to tick them off my list of grounds to visit.

And me........and just to do it with The Mighty Rovers would add further sweetness

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 18, 2013, 12:49:02 pm by Jenny »

Me too. I hope all the street merchandise sellers would do half and half scarfs too at these premiership grounds. Would be best thing ever.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 12:57:46 pm by Jenny »

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 18, 2013, 12:54:26 pm by Mr1Croft »
don't think I would attend any away games. I am completely unsupportive of the premier league and all it stands for.

What he said!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on December 18, 2013, 02:21:20 pm by Donnywolf »

Me too. I hope all the street merchandise sellers would do half and half scarfs too at these premiership grounds. Would be best thing ever.

CUE : oslo !

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on December 19, 2013, 09:30:44 am by BillyStubbsTears »

Point of fact. "Best thing ever" by definition involves Julie Etchingham, one of them Donny Free Press-sponsored shirts from 1992 that looked like a packet of Buitoni pasta, a paddling pool full of Angel Delight, and one of them electro-stimulus massage pads.

Cue Nudga.

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 19, 2013, 11:28:45 am by RedRover45 »

Point of fact. "Best thing ever" by definition involves Julie Etchingham, one of them Donny Free Press-sponsored shirts from 1992 that looked like a packet of Buitoni pasta, a paddling pool full of Angel Delight, and one of them electro-stimulus massage pads.

Cue Nudga.

You missed out the penis enlarger didn't you Bill ;-)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012