Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 02:35:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: That Ref  (Read 3382 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
That Ref
« on January 01, 2020, 05:24:26 pm by Filo »
Must have had Oxford in his bet today, gave us nothing all game, and where did he get 7 minutes from?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
Re: That Ref
« Reply #1 on January 01, 2020, 05:28:03 pm by Alan Southstand »
Funny that, Filo, if you go on twitter, the Oxford fans are moaning about him, too!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 01, 2020, 05:34:27 pm by dickos1 »
I thought it would be around 7 mins
Watters was injured for a long time as was whiteman plus all the subs

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 01, 2020, 05:35:46 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
7 mins was about right.

6 substitutions is 3 minutes straightaway. Then there were 3-4 players treated for injuries.

His worst decision by a mile was pacing out 7 yards for our wall for that Oxford free kick, 10 mins into the second half.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 01, 2020, 06:00:57 pm by dknward2 »
I was thinking 5 then watters got injured so 7 was about right, after they didn't pass the ball back (not a rule i know) I so wanted us to keep the clean sheet so much.

He fell for every foul of oxfords every time we went in for a challenge down they went
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 06:03:59 pm by dknward2 »

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 01, 2020, 06:02:28 pm by colincramb »
I said 7 minutes. Don’t see how it could have been less to be fair

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 01, 2020, 06:04:36 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Funny that, Filo, if you go on twitter, the Oxford fans are moaning about him, too!

They will if they're going on everytime they threw themselves to the floor. Worst diving team we have played i would say

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 01, 2020, 06:12:05 pm by Reesielad »
Things seemed to turn very nasty very quickly in the second half

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 01, 2020, 06:23:07 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
He was far too quick to blow for non fouls when there was minimal contact. Didn't work the other way round. Even when we won the ball cleanly, he awarded them a foul.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 01, 2020, 06:23:13 pm by Donnywolf »
He's always rubbish I posted this yeasterday

Never mind at least we have a good Ref

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=269938.msg857900#msg857900

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 01, 2020, 06:26:19 pm by i_ateallthepies »
I just wish the refs were as consistent as you DW   ;)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 01, 2020, 07:13:22 pm by Donnywolf »
Aye like a bad penny - turn up with same old same old

Hopefully thats an end to the known bad Refs (4 in a row) so we will no doubt discover some more now

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 01, 2020, 07:31:49 pm by Bezza »
The ref was so bad he was almost funny,

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 01, 2020, 11:33:08 pm by BobG »
Lol. Bad refs don't make me laugh. Or smile. Or even grin. They make me seeth. With undiluted rage. Step this way Mr effing bloody Singh.

Cheers

BobG

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 03, 2020, 01:21:48 am by Bristol Red Rover »

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 03, 2020, 02:11:45 am by RoversAlias »
I love how, as Stockbridge begins walking towards them, our wall actually backs off further than they already were before gratefully stepping up 5 yards to where he had deemed the line to be. Baffling stuff.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 03, 2020, 07:23:36 am by Donnywolf »
It is a Thread I started last week - pointing out the vast inconsistency between the Refs ! Before long they will have to whip out a torch / laser beam then mark a spot for the kicker and move the Players back by waving until their Laser reads 10 yards !

Seriously though that Muppet incident the other night reminded me so much of a Barnsley Wolves game and the Free kick was almost in the identical position on the field . I ran a thread on it here (bet BarnsleyTyke remembers this very well) My first two posts

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=260972.msg678439#msg678439

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 03, 2020, 09:42:16 am by Jimmydee »
On watching that video clip, if I was reffing, I wouldn’t bother spraying a line, I would use the penalty area lines as the marker.  It’s more or less every game that you watch where the pre marked lines are easier or convenient to use.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 03, 2020, 10:03:35 am by donnievic »
The reason they don’t tend to use the line is if there is a handball appeal there would argue whether it’s in or outside the box,we know the line would class as being inside if when jumping they come forward would it be classed as a penalty or encroachment,that’s why they are usually see them in by a yard or so or outside

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 03, 2020, 11:47:19 am by ian1980 »
The reason they don’t tend to use the line is if there is a handball appeal there would argue whether it’s in or outside the box,we know the line would class as being inside if when jumping they come forward would it be classed as a penalty or encroachment,that’s why they are usually see them in by a yard or so or outside

Absolutely correct. I recently did the referee course and they advised not to use the penalty area line for the wall to make it clear, either a yard inside or a yard outside.

As said above, if there is then any infringement, it’s clear that it’s either a free kick or a penalty.

There were several scenarios throughout the course in a similar vein to this that they classed as sensible refereeing which is removing as much potential controversy as possible.

Far more potential controversy with any handball on the penalty area line than whether the wall was only 9 yards back rather than 10

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 03, 2020, 12:50:41 pm by donnievic »

Absolutely correct. I recently did the referee course and they advised not to use the penalty area line for the wall to make it clear, either a yard inside or a yard outside.

As said above, if there is then any infringement, it’s clear that it’s either a free kick or a penalty.

There were several scenarios throughout the course in a similar vein to this that they classed as sensible refereeing which is removing as much potential controversy as possible.

Far more potential controversy with any handball on the penalty area line than whether the wall was only 9 yards back rather than 10
likewise just over a year ago and it’s not until you do the course that you get to know the full laws of the game and not just think you know them,my bug bare was defenders shielding the ball out of play thinking their abstructing but infact it is allowed within reason

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on January 03, 2020, 12:52:47 pm by IDM »
Yes but also if a player is shielding the ball within playing distance, a fair charge can be made - something fans often think is a push..

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 03, 2020, 01:00:08 pm by donnievic »
Aslong as it’s shoulder to shoulder it’s fine

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on January 03, 2020, 03:23:36 pm by Donnywolf »

Easy to decide - if its a potential penalty to us it will be a Free kick

However if its a potential Penalty to opposition you can bet it will be

Signed Paranoid person

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 03, 2020, 09:09:08 pm by drfchound »
Yes but also if a player is shielding the ball within playing distance, a fair charge can be made - something fans often think is a push..

To be fair IDM, most refs think it is a push, and award a free kick to the defender.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012