Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:43:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Airports  (Read 898 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Airports
« on June 01, 2022, 10:32:16 am by selby »
  Has our local Doncaster Airport been caught up in the chaos that has raised it's head at other airports?
 Hopefully not, it might just benefit Doncaster Airport if not, and bring much needed business to the area.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

NigelJ

• VSC Member
Re: Airports
« Reply #1 on June 05, 2022, 10:55:32 am by NigelJ »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 05, 2022, 12:23:36 pm by Filo »
Oh dear...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-61688988

They’ve been doing it for months, they cancelled my flight in April at short notice

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on June 05, 2022, 02:07:22 pm by ravenrover »
I see Grant Schnapps says it is all down to the Airports and Airlines, down to them to sort it out, nothing to do with the Government

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 05, 2022, 02:35:41 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I was due to fly out on Thursday 9th with Wizz, who up to now had seemed to avoid much of the chaos at other airports but out of the blue this issue has cropped up, which isn't good for our small but great airport.

They cancelled my return flight only, not being prepared to get us back after our scheduled departure.

Rather than scramble about for a return flight with another carrier, I cancelled the lot and rebooked with Jet2 from East Mids. Really sad and disappointing when there's a perfectly good airport on our doorstep which I've used many times.

Some blame Brexit, some blame covid but could be a number of hangover issues which has hit many sectors, not just the travel industry.

Certainly heads need to be knocked together for folk to get confidence back and from a local point of view, it's a poor way of reflecting our new City status.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on June 05, 2022, 10:52:50 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
It appears they as a company have some pretty big issues with no real liquidity behind them and short staffed.  Who's going to use a company they can't trust?  Their cancelling flights issue meant I wouldn't take that risk with 2 young kids in tow so we went from Leeds earlier in the year.

I fly from Manchester next weekend with easyjet and dreading it with all their issues.  I'd always choose to fly from Doncaster (as I am next month),and not just because it's local it and Heathrow are my favoured airports in this country.

thumper

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 06, 2022, 12:50:01 pm by thumper »
We're set to go on a package holiday with Tui last week in June - fingers crossed no issues at Donny airport as we fly from there, always been really easy to fly from there in the past, fingers crossed!

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 06, 2022, 12:59:10 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
A lad I know his flight got cancelled as he was sat on the plane.

I fly to Portugal on Wednesday from Newcastle. Praying that doesn't go tits up.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on June 06, 2022, 09:11:23 pm by Draytonian III »
Newcastle airport is one the best, not to busy, but the staff are very polite and efficient.
Train from Donny, then Metro straight to the airport, if you’re on a early flight there’s a Premier Inn 200 yards from the terminal

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 07, 2022, 02:01:23 pm by normal rules »
My lad flew to Dominican two days ago from Manchester. No issues at all.I reckon the half term rush caused the panic

TinyPortal © 2005-2012