Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 06:39:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Pope and Crawley  (Read 804 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Pope and Crawley
« on June 04, 2022, 03:04:35 pm by selby »
  If those two are international standard front line batters, I am a spaceman.  Minimal foot movement to get in line and cannot play a moving ball, terrible, don't even know where their stumps are.
  County wickets where racking up 600 runs are the not unusual, and the rules and wickets made for sloggers in one day cricket has killed the skills in batting in English cricket, especially the wickets in the southern county's, and have done no favours to fast bowlers.
  If the ball swings or moves off the wicket  most of the England players have not got a clue.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

glosterred

• VSC Member
Re: Pope and Crawley
« Reply #1 on June 04, 2022, 05:42:15 pm by glosterred »
You could add Lees as well, no foot movement, doesn’t know where his off peg is, or he might do if he didn’t move his guard about. A few England players stealing a wage in that team at the moment

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 04, 2022, 06:23:35 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Maybe they'd be inspired if they came out to that old Edward Elgar favourite with reworked lyrics... Land Of Pope And Crawley.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 04, 2022, 07:22:32 pm by GazLaz »
Pope can bat but is he a test match No3 at this stage? I don’t think so.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 04, 2022, 08:52:04 pm by BobG »
I bet old Geoffrey is writhing in anguish watching that shower of shite - Root excepted of course. But we pay the price for chasing the quick dollar.

Bring back the JPL and forget all the rest!

BobG

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on June 05, 2022, 12:42:13 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Joe Root though.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 12, 2022, 03:48:40 pm by NickDRFC »
Good to see Pope among the runs this match. He’s always had the talent but not found it easy to translate to test level. Still think the decision to bat him at 3 is questionable, at least right now, but hopefully this is just the start and he kicks on from here.

Yet to see any reason why Crawley should be anywhere near the squad, let alone opening the batting.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 12, 2022, 05:20:36 pm by i_ateallthepies »
  If those two are international standard front line batters, I am a spaceman.  Minimal foot movement to get in line and cannot play a moving ball, terrible, don't even know where their stumps are.
  County wickets where racking up 600 runs are the not unusual, and the rules and wickets made for sloggers in one day cricket has killed the skills in batting in English cricket, especially the wickets in the southern county's, and have done no favours to fast bowlers.
  If the ball swings or moves off the wicket  most of the England players have not got a clue.

145.  Ground Control to Major Tom...

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on June 12, 2022, 07:54:47 pm by selby »
  A feather bed wicket IAP, if you get a trimmer your unlucky, not a great deal of ball movement and not the greatest spin attack. Old Trafford and Headingly when overcast, that is when to judge batsmen, the one at Nottingham today is one you have missed out on if you don't get runs.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 12, 2022, 09:13:24 pm by Metalmicky »
Was there on Saturday and it was drab to say the least - conditions suggested swing, but nowt happened.  Hoping for a better day at Headingley in a couple of weeks time..... provided there are trains running.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 15, 2022, 08:15:40 pm by Metalmicky »
Was there on Saturday and it was drab to say the least - conditions suggested swing, but nowt happened.  Hoping for a better day at Headingley in a couple of weeks time..... provided there are trains running.

With reference to my Headingley tickets..... Now the trains look like being disrupted it may be unlikely that I can attend - if anyone from Viking Chat is interested in two tickets for Howard Stand lower block for a week on Saturday, let me know - I will sell at cost price of £70,00 each - price on ticket.  Feel free to PM if interested - although if I don't hear by Friday, I would need to sell elsewhere.  Would be prepared to send tickets Royal Mail Signed For (1st class) to interested parties upon payment.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012