Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 09:50:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Is there anyone who knows some of the detail of applying for Schengen visas?  (Read 653 times)

BobG

• VSC Member
I'd really like some advice about whether or not a Schengen visa is needed for a Colombian national to visit Spain.

If a visa is needed, what is involved? I can read the rules of course, but they beg a number of seriously important questions. For example, I read in some placesonline that to get such a visa the applicant needs either a written invitation, covering the duration of the visit, to stay with a someone legally resident in Spain, or, a written confirmation of hotel/accomodation booking for the duration of the visit. But how would that work if it is me that books AirBnB? Or if the visitor wants to travel around sightseeing?

On the other hand, there are plenty of sites that claimn Colombian nationals don't need any visa at all provided they are not staying for more than 90 days in any 180!

Which is it?

And, of course, there is the looming introduction of the ETIAS system. What impact will that have?

Any experts around?!

Cheers

BobG

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

belton rover

• Forum Member
No you don’t.
But don’t take the village idiot’s word for it: a quick Google is all you needed to do.

BobG

• VSC Member
I did. That's  why I asked the question.  If you have no idea Belton, why exhibit what we all know already?

I recall we have a contributor with relevant expertise. But I can't remember who. I was hoping he might be rather more constructive.

Cheers

BobG
« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 05:39:51 pm by BobG »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
We? Is that the Royal 'we'?

belton rover

• Forum Member
I said ‘no you don’t’. How you can tell yourself that means I have no idea, I’ve no idea.

I suggested you Google it, not that I needed to.

It seems to me you just wanted to remind the forum (again) that you travel a lot.

drfchound

• Forum Member
Well I also thought that you answered the question that Bob asked in his first paragraph.

belton rover

• Forum Member
Perhaps the confusion was when I wrote ‘no you don’t’ rather than ‘no it isn’t’.

If only I was educated. Like Bob.

belton rover

• Forum Member
We? Is that the Royal 'we'?

Just the educated ones.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 06:19:57 pm by belton rover »

selby

• VSC Member
Not many on the trip then

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
I said ‘no you don’t’. How you can tell yourself that means I have no idea, I’ve no idea.

I suggested you Google it, not that I needed to.

It seems to me you just wanted to remind the forum (again) that you travel a lot.

and i will take the opportunity of letting you all know that quite a few place names in Spain also exist in Colombia (not a lot of people know that!  and even more don't want to ) :chair:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012