Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 12:12:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The Heritage Chart Show  (Read 447 times)

mugnapper

• Forum Member
The Heritage Chart Show
« on June 23, 2022, 04:36:12 pm by mugnapper »
I'm flicking through the more obscure TV channels and on 'Talking Pictures TV' there's a programme called 'The Heritage Chart Show'.
I'm watching open mouthed.
I'm not sure of the premise, but I think it's new videos/songs by old bands that won't get any airplay these days, voted on by folk all over the world.

The first song I saw, which reeled me in for the entire programme, was a duet by Leee John (of disco band Imagination, big in 82/83) and, get this, only Plastic Bertrand, Belgian plastic punk, and singer of the classic 'Ca Plane pour Moi' !!!
There were some folk I'd never heard of (Mal Pope? Billy Brown' 'The Cathodes?, but most I knew in some form. Peter Cox of Go West was on it singing a song that could only have been Go West. 
It's presented by Mike Read, (Of course it's Mike Read, who else could present this)?

It seemed to be weighted in favour of old punk/New Wave bands, which as an old punk I thought I'd like but the lack of original members and poor videos made it just, well a bit embarrassing.

I loved the Members, their song 'Working Girl' is a particular favourite, but their song on this was just a rip off by some old men that sounded just like 'Sound of the Suburbs'.
Julian Lennon anyone? He's on this.
Suggs and Paul Weller duet anyone? Here you go.
Now I loved the Starjets in 1979 but they only troubled the charts with 'War Stories' , but today they are flying high in the Top 10 of this chart lol.
There's even a Lurkers song in the Top 20!!
The Korgis in suits that look like their Granddaughter's made them in a sewing lesson at school.
There's a new song by one of the Bee Gees and strangely, it's not by the one who is still alive!!
Tight Fit?? Oh come on, does the world need a new single by Tight Fit? Surely the war in Ukraine is punishment enough for us, dear God??
Not only a New Kids on the Block single but one featuring Rick Astley, Salt and Pepa, and En Vogue!!! (Former No1 apparently).
Top 3?
At 3 - Phil Hendrix (Not Jimi's biological brother. You've passed me by for 60 years Phil, sorry mate).

At 2 - The Automatics. (Not The Automatics that turned into the Specials, nor The Automatic who had a hit with 'What's that coming over the Hill (It's Mark McCammon, It's Mark McCammon'), but the Punk band who never had a hit, but whose best song was 'When the Tanks roll over Poland Again'. Now that is a Powerpop classic with a brilliant cover.

And at Number 1 ....... The Sweet. Obviously without the deceased members with a soft rock song called 'Defender'. You have to see the video.

If you are 55+ with an interest in music and like 'I wonder what they are doing these days' type programmes, You really should watch this.

Much better than 'Stranger Things'!!!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

glosterred

• VSC Member
Re: The Heritage Chart Show
« Reply #1 on June 23, 2022, 08:24:58 pm by glosterred »
Talking pictures TV channel now have a encore website where you can see more oF the heritage chart shows, think you may have to register

https://www.tptvencore.co.uk/search?s=Heritage%20chart%20show&pg=1&sort=Latest

P.S. if you like old films this is a channel for you

« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 08:32:42 pm by glosterred »

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 23, 2022, 10:34:53 pm by scawsby steve »
I'm flicking through the more obscure TV channels and on 'Talking Pictures TV' there's a programme called 'The Heritage Chart Show'.
I'm watching open mouthed.
I'm not sure of the premise, but I think it's new videos/songs by old bands that won't get any airplay these days, voted on by folk all over the world.

The first song I saw, which reeled me in for the entire programme, was a duet by Leee John (of disco band Imagination, big in 82/83) and, get this, only Plastic Bertrand, Belgian plastic punk, and singer of the classic 'Ca Plane pour Moi' !!!
There were some folk I'd never heard of (Mal Pope? Billy Brown' 'The Cathodes?, but most I knew in some form. Peter Cox of Go West was on it singing a song that could only have been Go West. 
It's presented by Mike Read, (Of course it's Mike Read, who else could present this)?

It seemed to be weighted in favour of old punk/New Wave bands, which as an old punk I thought I'd like but the lack of original members and poor videos made it just, well a bit embarrassing.

I loved the Members, their song 'Working Girl' is a particular favourite, but their song on this was just a rip off by some old men that sounded just like 'Sound of the Suburbs'.
Julian Lennon anyone? He's on this.
Suggs and Paul Weller duet anyone? Here you go.
Now I loved the Starjets in 1979 but they only troubled the charts with 'War Stories' , but today they are flying high in the Top 10 of this chart lol.
There's even a Lurkers song in the Top 20!!
The Korgis in suits that look like their Granddaughter's made them in a sewing lesson at school.
There's a new song by one of the Bee Gees and strangely, it's not by the one who is still alive!!
Tight Fit?? Oh come on, does the world need a new single by Tight Fit? Surely the war in Ukraine is punishment enough for us, dear God??
Not only a New Kids on the Block single but one featuring Rick Astley, Salt and Pepa, and En Vogue!!! (Former No1 apparently).
Top 3?
At 3 - Phil Hendrix (Not Jimi's biological brother. You've passed me by for 60 years Phil, sorry mate).

At 2 - The Automatics. (Not The Automatics that turned into the Specials, nor The Automatic who had a hit with 'What's that coming over the Hill (It's Mark McCammon, It's Mark McCammon'), but the Punk band who never had a hit, but whose best song was 'When the Tanks roll over Poland Again'. Now that is a Powerpop classic with a brilliant cover.

And at Number 1 ....... The Sweet. Obviously without the deceased members with a soft rock song called 'Defender'. You have to see the video.

If you are 55+ with an interest in music and like 'I wonder what they are doing these days' type programmes, You really should watch this.

Much better than 'Stranger Things'!!!!

Is there anything by Al Jolson on there? I'm asking for BB and Wolfie.

mugnapper

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 23, 2022, 10:36:51 pm by mugnapper »
Talking pictures TV channel now have a encore website where you can see more oF the heritage chart shows, think you may have to register

https://www.tptvencore.co.uk/search?s=Heritage%20chart%20show&pg=1&sort=Latest

P.S. if you like old films this is a channel for you

Glost I’m still traumatised by whatI saw! I don’t want to see it again!! But I bet I will after a few beers lol.

The Vapors were in the top 10!!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012