Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 01:07:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Community and season tickets  (Read 496 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Community and season tickets
« on April 18, 2024, 12:11:22 pm by silent majority »
So, over the last week or so we've seen arguments for discounting the ticket prices to fill the Eco-Power, and we've also seen that its not the price that really matters but what entertainment is being provided. The excitement of our (maybe) final home game is drawing in the crowds.

But whilst chatting with the club recently I came across this example of how being community focussed, increasing access and creating personal interactions (such as player visits), therefore creating supporters and then season ticket holders does work.

This is a response from a junior club who hosted a player visit recently;

Since jay came to visit our team a few of the players and parents now come to the games and feel a connection to the club, one of the families were Leeds fans and now come to the Rovers games instead, so that’s a bonus.

Well done Jay McGrath!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
Re: Community and season tickets
« Reply #1 on April 18, 2024, 12:27:29 pm by johnny rovers »
That says everything what the club is about. Magnificent. One City, One community, One Club!

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 18, 2024, 12:42:30 pm by Spud »
It's a great video tbh, as someone who coached my lad's team for many years, I thought Jay was brilliant with the kids.

I also think all the staff I come across at the club are friendly & helpful, it does feel like family, regardless of how we're doing on the pitch.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 18, 2024, 02:30:29 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Whilst on the subject of community, that has not been missed by this guy, introduced to the club by Chall from the US.

https://youtu.be/483P8yfkgP0?si=e1liU3LFJtulCrUD

Always good to hear an outside perspective, particularly his rating of his experience of all 5  matches.

He was definitely influenced by how connected we are to the players, expecially after meeting Jo Olowu after the game
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 02:49:20 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012