Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 05:51:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Buzz  (Read 2111 times)

SirRobertJones

Buzz
« on April 18, 2024, 08:06:13 pm by SirRobertJones »
Bringing 5 family members along from a holiday in the Peak District for the game against Barrow on Saturday.
Not a chance in hell some of them would've joined a couple months back, or that I'd have been allowed to disrupt a family holiday - but the importance of the game swayed it in my favour! I just wanted to say how good it is having this buzz around Rovers again. Where you actually want to suggest going to games to mates / family who aren't supporters. I've been counting down the days all week. Irrespective of how we end the season, we have a team to be proud of again. Let's back the boys to get the win on Saturday!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Nudga

• Forum Member
Re: Buzz
« Reply #1 on April 18, 2024, 09:28:36 pm by Nudga »
Love this, I don't actually care if we go up or not. I just know we're now on the right path.
Having a bash at the play offs would just be an unreal achievement.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 18, 2024, 09:39:14 pm by philsky »
Love this, I don't actually care if we go up or not. I just know we're now on the right path.

It's fn mental.

Im up and down the M1 like a .................................

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 18, 2024, 10:03:58 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

I was thinking that way a couple of weeks ago.

But now, our kid hit the nail on the head after last week's match. He said we've made the chance - now we must move heaven and earth to take it.

f**k enjoying the ride. It's serious time now. This next week is about re-writing history.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 18, 2024, 10:33:06 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Now is the time for belief.

Belief in the players.

Belief in Grant McCann.

Belief that destiny is calling.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 18, 2024, 11:31:31 pm by PDX_Rover »
Momentum and belief are f**king powerful aren’t they?

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 18, 2024, 11:35:44 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Momentum and belief are f**king powerful aren’t they?
Absolutely.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 19, 2024, 02:26:15 am by les@donr »

But now, our kid hit the nail on the head after last week's match. He said we've made the chance - now we must move heaven and earth to take it.

f**k enjoying the ride. It's serious time now. This next week is about re-writing history.

It is more about creating history, we’ll soon be going into uncharted waters if we pass the ten in a row of wins. 11 and beyond will make history. For us to be in L1 next season that is precisely have to do in the coming week and through the playoffs.

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 19, 2024, 08:25:42 am by Jimmydee »
I can remember when forest were beaten after a very long run of wins, the interviewer said, well you can’t beat them all Mr Clough, his reply was, why can’t we?, that’s what we pay them to do

KeithMyath

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 19, 2024, 09:45:18 am by KeithMyath »
Travelling up from home in Cornwall just for the game, dodgy fire stick just doesn't cut it. Haven't looked forward to a home game like this in a long long, long time

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 19, 2024, 09:55:39 am by Draytonian III »
I hope it pi$$es tomorrow morning as I’ve got cricket and I can’t get out of it as I’m the captain, but I’m going to Gillingham as we’ve not got a fixture

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 19, 2024, 10:17:23 am by pib »

Absolutely. I've had similar conversations. Whether we think we're ready to go up into L1 or not, you can't take for granted these opportunities when they come along. Worry about L1 if we get there. We've had the mentality at this club for too long of "writing off" seasons in January/February onwards when things have gone against us. Let's take this chance seriously and go hell for leather trying to grab it while things seem to be going our way.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 19, 2024, 10:40:58 am by knockers »
Travelling up from home in Cornwall just for the game, dodgy fire stick just doesn't cut it. Haven't looked forward to a home game like this in a long long, long time

Whereabouts in Cornwall are you living?
I'm a Yorkshire/Kernow mongrel with roots in Looe and a sister with an Alpaca farm in Rezare

KeithMyath

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 19, 2024, 11:33:26 am by KeithMyath »

I'm a Yorkshire/Kernow mongrel with roots in Looe and a sister with an Alpaca farm in Rezare

We're up north end, up near Bude/Widemouth Bay area

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 19, 2024, 04:42:25 pm by Draytonian III »
I hope it pi$$es tomorrow morning as I’ve got cricket and I can’t get out of it as I’m the captain, but I’m going to Gillingham as we’ve not got a fixture

Result, their secretary phoned me a dinner time, their pitch is unplayable, gutted

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 19, 2024, 04:45:55 pm by philsky »

Result, their secretary phoned me a dinner time, their pitch is unplayable, gutted

Bosh !!!

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 19, 2024, 06:15:17 pm by RoversInSpain »

Blimey, I thought it was all Man U supporters in the south west.
I lived in Cornwall 30 years all 3 sons born in Cornwall are Rovers mad, 2 are  now in Oz whilst the other is still in Newquay.
Nice to hear of a couple more down there.

Tommy A

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 19, 2024, 07:28:03 pm by Tommy A »
Padstow for me these days

Seems like we have quite a Cornish following

Problem is nearest game this season has been about 3 hours away

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 19, 2024, 10:50:20 pm by ScillyRover »

I lived in Cornwall 30 years all 3 sons born in Cornwall are Rovers mad, 2 are  now in Oz whilst the other is still in Newquay.
I lived in the Isles of Scilly for 25 years (hence the Profile name) so was probably the most south westerly supporter. Have followed Rovers fortunes for over 60 years and on this forum for the last 15. Managed away games at Plymouth, Yeovil, Bristol etc whenever I could make it whilst living on Scilly. I now reside in Madeira, Portugal and I’m totally reliant on iFollow and have watched every single game since I moved here four years ago. Met a number of Rovers supporters here too.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 08:29:18 am by ScillyRover »

auckleyflyer

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 20, 2024, 12:59:01 pm by auckleyflyer »

I lived in the Isles of Scilly for 25 years (hence the Profile name) so was probably the most south westerly supporter. Have followed Rovers fortunes for over 60 years and on this forum for the last 15. Managed away games at Plymouth, Yeovil, Bristol etc whenever I could make it whilst living on Scilly. I now reside in Madeira, Portugal and I’m totally reliant on iFollow and have watched every single game since I moved here four years ago. Met a number of Rovers supporters here too.
Newquay resident here, although only in the last three weeks, 7yrs in St Austell prior. Was sick of driving over the Cornish Alps every day to work ( Newquay airport).
Respect to those travelling up it's very very far! Here's to a happy drive back :)

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 20, 2024, 11:03:33 pm by Mike_F »
Padstow for me these days

Seems like we have quite a Cornish following

Problem is nearest game this season has been about 3 hours away

Yes but you get to nip to Cherry Trees for lemon meringue pie whenever you want.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012