Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 01:23:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: something bad at the club  (Read 3759 times)

acko

• Forum Member
something bad at the club
« on March 25, 2016, 06:24:24 pm by acko »
weather it be owners,chairman,players but something is bad,some very good backroom people have left the club,wellens,forrester,and jones wanted to leave,main doesn't want to come back so whats the problem.people on here keep harping on about the money the owners put in to keep the club afloat,WHY,because the gate receipts are not enough,WHY because people are not getting entertained for their money.6 weeks to appoint a new manager and its not working.the chairman non existant.gavin gone very quiet.I know it wont happen but do you think the board would be brave enough to have another meet the board meeting now.But the question remains is there bad apples at the club or a complete orchard.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
Re: something bad at the club
« Reply #1 on March 25, 2016, 06:37:57 pm by PDX_Rover »
And he's back...

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 25, 2016, 06:41:12 pm by silent majority »
same old same old.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 25, 2016, 06:43:38 pm by Yorkiered »
same old same old.

So what has he said that isn't correct?

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 25, 2016, 06:46:27 pm by PDX_Rover »
For the board to have a meet the board meeting, all that's required is a mirror, surely?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 25, 2016, 06:47:56 pm by silent majority »
same old same old.

So what has he said that isn't correct?

Lets start with good backroom people that have left the club and go from there shall we?

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 25, 2016, 06:49:08 pm by Yorkiered »
For the board to have a meet the board meeting, all that's required is a mirror, surely?

Well at least Club Doncaster is doing well.
Well it was a week ago when the Dons hadn't had two big hammerings.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 25, 2016, 06:52:10 pm by silent majority »

Oh dear, someone else who confuses a business with a teams results.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 25, 2016, 06:59:26 pm by Copps is Magic »
Some bad apples among are supporters as well. People who not only publicly state they are not supporting the club anymore, but also state they are supporting another team instead.

Same people who then continue to slate the club at every turn nevertheless.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 25, 2016, 07:19:44 pm by acko »
No I don't go anymore in fact I don't go to any games now but that's because of my serious health issues and disability.but I still have a season ticket every year unused this year,still pay my money to the alliance and lottery,but I don't like what I see whats happening to the club ive supported for over 60years and if relegation does happen a lot more will stop going.i asked a question regarding whats gone wrong but you copps and no it all SM cant answer.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 25, 2016, 07:25:47 pm by Yorkiered »

Oh dear, someone else who confuses a business with a teams results.

Wasn't it or CEO singing the praises of Club Doncaster in the DFP after the Dons had started with two wins?
Club Doncaster might be doing well with its educational company but if you want follow a company rather than a football team I suppose that's your prerogative.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 25, 2016, 07:33:04 pm by newyankee »
 For what it is worth I lay a lot of blame at the Board. They are wealthy businessmen who think that by keeping the club going and losing what they are prepared to lose
 ( financially) is enough. Unfortunately that is not the case, yes, most Directors lose money, but in many cases, especially at our level, they are supporters.  Not only are they prepared to lose money, they live and breathe the club they are part of. I don't see this in our present Board. I am not one of those calling for JR to come back, but someone like him, someone who cares about Doncaster Rovers.

Unfortunately messers Bramall, Watson and Blunt do not fill any of those boxes, maybe it is time for them to put the club up for sale and see if there is anyone out there who would revitalise the club.  We have struggled ever since JR left and the present Board took over.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 25, 2016, 09:38:02 pm by dknward2 »
How many times there is no one with money who cares enough about drfc to buy it off Bramall, Watson etc.

If they were to sell the only people that would want it would be us fans and tbh i havent got spare money to throw at drfc anymore than buying my season ticket.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 25, 2016, 09:45:56 pm by roversdude »
Maybe John Ryan could plough his millions into the club .....oh wait there's a flaw there

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 25, 2016, 09:55:03 pm by Donny Exile in York »
The board spent a month to get the manager they wanted who was out of work and available straight away. Meanwhile a month goes by to affect our chances and another season wrote off which suits those keen on sustainability.. no ambition and treating a professional club like a local village cricket club.. it takes forever to make any decisions..

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 25, 2016, 10:44:19 pm by the vicar »
Some bad apples among are supporters as well. People who not only publicly state they are not supporting the club anymore, but also state they are supporting another team instead.

Same people who then continue to slate the club at every turn nevertheless.

Great grammar there Copps

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 25, 2016, 10:49:23 pm by Copps is Magic »
I learn from the best.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on March 25, 2016, 11:09:11 pm by newyankee »
 If you don't put something up for sale you don't know who could be interested. Several lower League teams have been bought and sold recently. As it is we are on the slippery slope to the Conference and lower with our present ownership that has NO, and I repeat NO interest in sport. Perhaps if we employed Ballet Dancers it might be better.  If no one comes in with an offer then we know where we stand or where we will be going.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on March 25, 2016, 11:11:07 pm by newyankee »
In actual fact what about the new kit suppliers. Rodney Walker used to be Chairman at Leicester City and Wakefield Trinity, maybe he could become our Chairman if they bought the club.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 25, 2016, 11:23:37 pm by les@donr »
acko, you've raised some valid points that deserve to be addressed.

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 25, 2016, 11:25:44 pm by Move DRFC »
same old same old.

Clubs been in the shit since JR left FACT.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 25, 2016, 11:49:04 pm by Iberian Red »
No I don't go anymore in fact I don't go to any games now but that's because of my serious health issues and disability.but I still have a season ticket every year unused this year,still pay my money to the alliance and lottery,but I don't like what I see whats happening to the club ive supported for over 60years and if relegation does happen a lot more will stop going.i asked a question regarding whats gone wrong but you copps and no it all SM cant answer.

Is your season ticket at Hull?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on March 26, 2016, 07:34:51 am by roversdude »
Do they allow sale of carers tickets

TinyPortal © 2005-2012