Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:02:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Post here if you support John Ryan. Part 2  (Read 12534 times)

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
Re: Post here if you support John Ryan. Part 2
« Reply #30 on July 03, 2014, 08:55:51 pm by DonnyRTID »
Let's set up a thread with a leading question and anyone who posts, who isn't in full agreement, we can attack and say look, the VSC are at it again! Pointless.

What like you're attacking this thread, if you don't like it then don't post.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on July 03, 2014, 09:13:41 pm by IDM »
Richardson was good for the club to begin with, a bit like Hitler was good for Germany initially. You can't blame John Ryan for how either of them changed can you? Well actually you probably will!

I invoke Godwin's Law and claim my £5...

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on July 03, 2014, 10:12:37 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Richardson was good for the club to begin with, a bit like Hitler was good for Germany initially. You can't blame John Ryan for how either of them changed can you? Well actually you probably will!

I invoke Godwin's Law and claim my £5...

I don't even read the Free Press!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on July 04, 2014, 08:19:24 am by The Red Baron »
I certainly respect JR for what he's done in the past. However, I have huge reservations about this takeover. If nothing else, the timing is awful and will probably mean that the coming season is a write-off in footballing terms.

It's a pity he couldn't have waited a couple of months to launch it- ideally when we'd got a squad together. At the moment, I can see us starting off the season with a load of youngsters in the side.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on July 04, 2014, 11:27:41 am by Wellred »
You have a very short memory.
The start to this season is no different to any other other season. How many times in the past have we complained about lack of signings with still more than a month to go?
It happens EVERY year with DRFC get used to it.
We will be having the same posts no doubt this time next year mark my words.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on July 04, 2014, 11:52:21 am by The Red Baron »
The start to this season is no different to any other other season. How many times in the past have we complained about lack of signings with still more than a month to go?

You can accuse me of many things, Wellred, but a short memory isn't one of them.

Yes, we've always been slow in the transfer market, but we haven't been in a situation where we (seemingly) can't sign anyone. Consider this- why are players like Peterson and Middleton- who are training with the club- still not contracted? Their wages will hardly cost a fortune and in any case we are supposed to have one of the biggest budgets in League One.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on July 04, 2014, 11:58:55 am by Wellred »

You can accuse me of many things, Wellred, but a short memory isn't one of them.

Yes, we've always been slow in the transfer market, but we haven't been in a situation where we (seemingly) can't sign anyone. Consider this- why are players like Peterson and Middleton- who are training with the club- still not contracted? Their wages will hardly cost a fortune and in any case we are supposed to have one of the biggest budgets in League One.

Contracts expire on the 3oth June. How do you know that Peterson and Middleton haven't agreed a new contract.
The more senior pro's are still in negotiation. Agents are trying to get the best deal for themselves ......oh and the player to an extent too ;-)
Nobody wants to take a big pay cut but then no doubt the club want to pay realistic wages for league 1 when compared to the championship.

You will be complaining about running a sustainable club next. You can't have it both ways.

I am pretty sure nobody is just sat around waiting for the 17th of July to see all the rabbits jump out of the hat!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on July 04, 2014, 12:03:21 pm by The Red Baron »
Contracts expire on the 3oth June. How do you know that Peterson and Middleton haven't agreed a new contract.

I'm pretty certain it would have been announced on DROS. I'm sure they'd love to give us some good news.

They probably have agreed contracts in principle and I'm sure they will stay with us, but their situation makes me think we can't formalise anything until the 18th July deadline has passed.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on July 04, 2014, 12:12:29 pm by Boomstick »
I certainly respect JR for what he's done in the past. However, I have huge reservations about this takeover. If nothing else, the timing is awful and will probably mean that the coming season is a write-off in footballing terms.

It's a pity he couldn't have waited a couple of months to launch it- ideally when we'd got a squad together. At the moment, I can see us starting off the season with a load of youngsters in the side.

How is the timing awful? When would be a better time to buy a football club?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on July 04, 2014, 12:58:17 pm by The Red Baron »

How is the timing awful? When would be a better time to buy a football club?

Any time that doesn't disrupt pre-season/ squad building.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on July 04, 2014, 01:01:57 pm by Boomstick »
So you would rather disrupt a potential promotion push or relegation fight? during the season?  :facepalm:

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on July 04, 2014, 01:30:40 pm by bobjimwilly »
So you would rather disrupt a potential promotion push or relegation fight? during the season?  :facepalm:

You're making things up again - I'm pretty sure The Red Baron didn't mention disrupting promotion push or relegation fight, simply "Any time that doesn't disrupt pre-season/ squad building."

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on July 04, 2014, 01:32:04 pm by Boomstick »
Which would be during the season, a season that would either be a relegation fight or a promotion push!!  :headbang: :headbang:

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on July 04, 2014, 01:32:48 pm by silent majority »

If you understood the rules and regulations that the FL impose on a club that is going through a change of ownership you would know that during a season is a lot easier than during the summer.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on July 04, 2014, 01:39:42 pm by bobjimwilly »
Which would be during the season, a season that would either be a relegation fight or a promotion push!!  :headbang: :headbang:

For the first couple of months how would you know if you're in either?

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on July 04, 2014, 02:01:33 pm by Boomstick »
If we were in the championship, it surely would be a relegation fight, and if we were in league 1 it surely would be a promotion push.

How would a takeover be 'easier' during the season?
It would still cause more disruption to the playing squad during the season though

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on July 04, 2014, 02:06:48 pm by IDM »

It would still cause more disruption to the playing squad during the season though

Apart from loans the transfer window during the season is very short, so how would a change of ownership mid season disrupt the playing squad, any more than it does now where many supporters have a concern about lack of signings being affected by the current TO?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on July 04, 2014, 02:10:40 pm by The Red Baron »
If we were in the championship, it surely would be a relegation fight, and if we were in league 1 it surely would be a promotion push.

How would a takeover be 'easier' during the season?

Why would it, unless the players did not get paid? If it was done once the August window closed and completed before the January one opened it would cause no disruption to the squad whatsoever- other than perhaps short-term loans.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on July 04, 2014, 02:59:37 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Here we go again with the ungrateful fan's brigade. Now they're saying poor old Bramall and Watson have sold out at the wrong time, as well as to the wrong people!

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on July 04, 2014, 03:40:32 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Apparently some people CAN have it both ways 

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on July 04, 2014, 03:50:26 pm by Yargo »
What like writing that this site was a busted flush along with the VSC and then post here more than anywhere else?

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on July 04, 2014, 04:04:46 pm by Sad-Rovers »
What like writing that this site was a busted flush along with the VSC and then post here more than anywhere else?

Who has said the VSC is a busted flush and where?

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on July 04, 2014, 04:23:43 pm by PDX_Rover »
Away with you non-Belizers.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on July 04, 2014, 10:23:51 pm by Iberian Red »
Hundreds of views,and about ten messages of support

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on July 05, 2014, 01:16:02 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Perhaps most of the overtly pro JR posters have left this forum?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on July 06, 2014, 08:07:10 am by hoolahoop »
Perhaps most of the overtly pro JR posters have left this forum?

Of course they have sad.,...where do you get these daft thoughts from ?  :whistle:

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on July 06, 2014, 09:06:12 am by Bentley Bullet »
Some of us pro JR posters are still here, if only to make sure that the anti JR mob know they are ingrate company.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on July 06, 2014, 09:32:32 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I am increasingly bemused by this "pro-Ryan/anti-Ryan" argument.

It's not about whether you support Ryan as a cult of personality thing. It's about whether you support what he is trying to do with the club.

Personally, I lost confidence in him last year when he repeatedly obfuscated when given the opportunity to explain why SC were interested, and what they would gain from the deal. He had many chances to explain that and he ducked it every time.

That doesn't mean that I hate Ryan. But it does mean that I am skeptical. It means that if I'm going to support what he now plans, I want to know what those plans are.

But we've been told nothing about those plans. So I remain skeptical.

I repeat. That does not mean that I am in some way "anti" John Ryan. What it means is that I don't have a childlike blind faith in him.

Can we now please bin this f**king infantile "pro/anti" Ryan nonsense and start talking about the issues rather than the personalities involved?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on July 06, 2014, 09:43:04 am by Bentley Bullet »

It's not about whether you support Ryan as a cult of personality thing. It's about whether you support what he is trying to do with the club.

Personally, I lost confidence in him last year when he repeatedly obfuscated when given the opportunity to explain why SC were interested, and what they would gain from the deal. He had many chances to explain that and he ducked it every time.

That doesn't mean that I hate Ryan. But it does mean that I am skeptical. It means that if I'm going to support what he now plans, I want to know what those plans are.

I repeat. That does not mean that I am in some way "anti" John Ryan. What it means is that I don't have a childlike blind faith in him.

Can we now please bin this f***ing infantile "pro/anti" Ryan nonsense and start talking about the issues rather than the personalities involved?

Is that aimed at Hoola, or were you waiting for a reply from a pro JR poster before you decided you wanted to have the last word on the subject?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on July 06, 2014, 09:47:11 am by Filo »

Can we now please bin this f**king infantile "pro/anti" Ryan nonsense and start talking about the issues rather than the personalities involved?

Amen to that brother!

In amongst all this bickering and posturing the real issues have been ignored, like what the f**king hell is going on at the club, we have players and ex players now openly having a swipe at the club on social media, we have new owners that have told us nothing bat they've set up a funding website offering 1D tat as rewards, and there's absolutely no indications of any new players coming in, at the moment we're in complete disarray. I'm disappointed with all the owners involved, past and present for allowing us to fall into this mess, we the fans are being treated like idiots!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012